Air Jordan 4 "Royalty" to release February 4, 2017

Edit: Could it be that the early releases or unauthorized pairs had inferior suede? These are very acceptable in my opinion. They are similar to my Ferragamo suede shoes...
Problem is too many people totally ignorant at what good suede is supposed to look and feel like have no idea what they are even looking at and before you know it they spout "oh it's ashy!". I mean dudes in hear are completely the suede is "nappy". Are you serious? It's like complaining the tumbled leather on the shattered BB is too tumbly. smh

Damn, pretty nice all everyone picking up for the non-inflated MSRP (not buying into any argument that these shoes can go from $115 to $190 in a span of 11 years for 20+ year old technology.)

Wish I could have done the same... but just woke up bought a 9 from NDC and went back to sleep haha.

People always gotta bring up the quality as an excuse for not copping that's what I heard that the quality ain't great that's why they passed but deep down the people who are passing are some hypebeast that wanted the shoe to be in limited numbers, people

Are strictly going after what's low in numbers but I remember a couple of years back like 3-5 years back when everyone kept complaining that Jay's were so limited and how they couldn't get their pair and no one would complain of the below average quality we would get back then because of the low numbers you just can't make everybody happy

Honestly tho, the quality on these could be better. The suede felt nappy and the paint on the midsole had scratches.

That's life of the Jordan buyer, if you want perfection you might want to stop buying sneakers

2017 and people still NOT buying because they're sitting.

Y'all some sheep. Weak minded people.

And before I get the "hate" remarks. This isn't to those who wanted to buy and passed.

Strictly for the ones who are passing because they're sitting.
Straight fax.

Personally I couldn't be happier that the sneakers I love are sitting on shelves, it makes it easier on me being able to walk into my local store and pick them up. These new sneakerheads that won't even look at shoes unless they're limited and have resell value just so they can flex on people who they don't even know confuse the hell out me.

Damn these days I always keep my fingers crossed that the releases I want are going to sit on shelves cos then I can put what I like straight on my feet and to hell with anyone who has a problem with that.

Literally my favourite cop of the last year or so was the True Blue 3 and every last hypebeast made some dumb excuse about the quality of the leather (okay yeah it's not butter soft but it's actually quite decent) but really they ust didn't wanna cop because numbers weren't limited.

I'm glad I copped this shoe, and I'm glad there are other people who don't care about how limited a shoe is but rather actually worry about how the shoe looks.

Have size 8 to sell $190+ship if anyone wants, already bought a personal but want to keep the VIP purchase haha

Last edited:
this will SIT for awhile like the 13s,,FSR everywhere,,,the SUEDE made me make a U-turn :smokin

PASS!!!
This! Saw them in store yesterday and they are ashy af. Comparing real suede to that BS isn't even a discussion. Dudes comparing Ferragamo suede to Js? Now I am not saying that I wouldn't cop at a major disco. They are the 4s at the end of the day but retail or anywhere near, it is not happening. Much respect to the ppl that like them and bought them. Buy what you like, its that simple.

Last edited:
This! Saw them in store yesterday and they are ashy af. Comparing real suede to that BS isn't even a discussion. Dudes comparing Ferragamo suede to Js?
mean.gif

Damn, They like the Oreo 5's???

anyone??

Now that you bring it up... In a way they're like the oreo Vs. @ninjahood was right when he said they look like a car rag.

Last edited:
Real talk i copped these and they're fresh .... The suede is on point but is nothing like the "longer hair" 11 premium suede's or even as ush as the psny 12s.. Its almost like feels like nubuck to me but started to actually nap and look like real suede once I brushed em when i got home.

One thing I will say is watch the toebox on these.. I got a size 10 n one shoe was straight, but one was creased already (in that it had kind of wavy texture to it, and not flat and smooth.. If that make any sense) so I swapped and found a sweet pair. Like others have said the gold isn't gaudy, it's more rosey in its glow, but not tacky like the navy blue:gold 5s that dropped last year (no disrespect to those who loves those, including my brother lol). I have bred 4s and these n while I don't love the 4s, I actually really like how this shoe looks off and on feet. Thumbs up homie..

Saw these in person at the mall today I thought the suede was ashy in the pictures but my biggest problem with these is the gold is really bright and cheap looking . The 4's that are coming out over the next few months are a must . These an easy pass .

Saw these in person at the mall today I thought the suede was ashy in the pictures but my biggest problem with these is the gold is really bright and cheap looking . The 4's that are coming out over the next few months are a must . These an easy pass .
Knew these would sit once people got them in hand. The color way is fire but they just look and feel discount

Picked up my pair today at Footlocker, apart from some glue stains the quality looks fine to be honest and they are very comfortable. Is the smell of these shoes a little off to other people? Maybe it's the fact I've never copped suede Js before ... will that wear off over a couple of weeks?

Saw These in person today and they were fire. knew not to trust quality complaints. No it's not the suede on the 18s buy they were REALLY nice. Gold was not dull at all like some said. Will pick up in a few weeks

Back
Top Bottom