Air Jordan 5 2013 "Elephant print" 23rd anniversary

i hope everyone continues to hate so these can be an easy cop. I don't think i would wear them, idk what anyone would wear these with, but from a collecting stand point i need these.

It's like all the tackiness of overmatching centralized on just the shoes. Can't wait to see the fit pics.

UGGH YESS!! MY BODY IS READY!! :wow:

....and my phone​

:lol: :rofl:

I would cop just to add to the collection, the concept is dope and quality from sneakernews pictures look on point. I would never wear these though too much for me.

I skimmed through half of this thread with no mention of it. Can someone educate on the LAB and TXT meanings? Is this pair of Vs like the retro Is we've been seeing with elements of other sigs on them?

I skimmed through half of this thread with no mention of it. Can someone educate on the LAB and TXT meanings? Is this pair of Vs like the retro Is we've been seeing with elements of other sigs on them?

The article from sneakernews explains the concept. The link is a page or two back.

The article from sneakernews explains the concept. The link is a page or two back.
Concept? Pretty sure they were just out of ideas and said "f it, lets do all elephant print and sell them for 100 over normal retail. Just in case lets make them limited".

so sick of dudes constant whine & cheese post in every damn thread...get some tissues

Concept? Pretty sure they were just out of ideas and said "f it, lets do all elephant print and sell them for 100 over normal retail. Just in case lets make them limited".
This is how I feel. I just read the article from Sneakernews, and as a 30 year old I felt like they were playing with my intelligence with that *******t. Elemental compounds and long back stories just to explain a sneaker mash up concept that they've been using since around 2002.

Look to see 3m III possibly with a full clear outsole (i.e. sample IIIs). Some Space Jam inspired stuff on other models, and and bunch of other kicks that most people aren't really going to give 2 sh*ts about. Is this explanation and back story supposed to make me feel that this is new and innovative, or is it just supposed to justify the ridiculous price tag?

Some of this stuff people are going to go for without a doubt. But as a whole this is gonna disappear  like the Bin thing.

Last edited:
Bins were so dope & this is supposed to be the re-hashed idea...i aint buying it either beelz

Last edited:
Bins were so dope & this is supposed to be the re-hashed idea...i aint buying it either beelz

The BIN series was a dope idea that lost it's way. The idea makers at this brand try too hard to "tell a story" when the stories, the rich history that made this brand legendary, are in the retros already. They need to make their retros correct if they want to "educate" the masses. If they took some of their good concepts, (high quality, premium materials, NIKE AIR, OG looking boxes) into one line showcasing original colorways it would be incredible imo. Want to educate the new generation of collectors while reminding those of us who have been here from the start? Instead of making some convoluted element chart make a retro card like insert or mini poster ala the black cat IVs that showcase in some way the history of the shoe design wise and also the amazing things that MJ has done in them....of course how can a brand showcase it's history when the brand doesn't even know its own history? They have shown that time and time again.

This, to me, would bring the magic back in the original colorways and they can still crank out new colorways in mass quantities.

Last edited:
Lol @ $250 I was cool with $185... But that's just funny JB.... I wish ppl would be wise and let these sit... We would ALL benefit. Dudes talking about they don't like them, but copping to collect? Just sounds crazy to me... Consumerism is too real... Why buy something you don't even like?

This release will definitely be one for the books in JBs history. But the extra stuff they added to this like the waxed laces and leather inside should be added to retro+ cws with better execution at least. This shoe is just sloppy :x and JB ruins my second favorite shoe in the line :smh:

Back
Top Bottom