Air Jordan 5 "Grape" Aftermath Thread (No Buying/Selling or Trading)

im not saying they are fake.. its just something to think about... i saw the video and had me thinking everytime I purchase a pair from a big retailer or online from a euro shop... video could be wrong so dont take what I say too seriously... all im saying is that it is something to think about.

Actually yeah you did say they sell fakes. I quote " house of hoops selling fake Jordan's now " hence the reason you caught such a strong reaction. Nah I am just breaking them, I hear what your saying about something to think about. I don't think you have to worry about the big retailers. Now "mom & pop shops" that's something else to think about. What video are talking about ?

My first pair came in today but I'm a little nervous for my second pair. Everytime I check my tracking number it stay on Memphis, it shouldn't take this long. They should be almost in Brooklyn. Idk if I'm the only one but makes me nervous.

My first pair came in today but I'm a little nervous for my second pair. Everytime I check my tracking number it stay on Memphis, it shouldn't take this long. They should be almost in Brooklyn. Idk if I'm the only one but makes me nervous.
You should be good its only grapes doe. No need to panic 
laugh.gif

The only gripe I have is the name of the sneaker grape. Makes me want to buy a bag of grapes. I'm telling you y'all think jb won the battle, farmes are gonna sell out of grapes. I love this shoe and I know for a fact 98 percent of u are going to place this sneaker in a glass case and wear them when the grapes retro again. The other 2percent wil wear with caution
What the hell are you talking about? This has got to be one of the worst posts ever LOL!

House of hoops selling fakes Jordan's now.

View media item 401711
If I personally didn't get these from the store I would think they're sus off the back. Still salty and the cashier for not letting me switch up pairs. Just gonna have to suck it up I guess. /rant

House of Hoops footlocker is the Last Place on Earth that would ever sell you a pair of fakes.They not fake it's just the JB quality. A small percentage of the pairs happen to have off centered jumpmans. Your pair just happened to be one of them. Just resell it and then buy another one in the same size. These off centered jumpman problems should be fixed by just having them replaced with Nike Air instead.

I would of loved to to see an icy pair of Fire Red V's or Grapes with Nike Air on the Back. If JB re- released the Grapes with Nike Air on the Back for $200 retail I have this feeling that they'd still sell out instantly.

Last edited:
House of Hoops footlocker is the Last Place on Earth that would ever sell you a pair of fakes.They not fake it's just the JB quality. A small percentage of the pairs happen to have off centered jumpmans. Your pair just happened to be one of them. Just resell it and then buy another one in the same size. These off centered jumpman problems should be fixed by just having them replaced with Nike Air instead.

I would of loved to to see an icy pair of Fire Red V's or Grapes with Nike Air on the Back. If JB re- released the Grapes with Nike Air on the Back for $200 retail I have this feeling that they'd still sell out instantly.
Don't resell them unless you ready to settle a PayPal claim!

Hope I didn't speak too soon, but it seems like we're blessed today because we haven't seen any corny or stupid Grape V photos yet since this forum was established.

Just got in my pair today from NDC.. I thought they were bigger.. At least go .5 sizes down.

i went TTS and they fit me fine

apparently im a 10.5 in 1's 4's 5's and 11's but a 10 in 3's :lol:

Last edited:
im not saying they are fake.. its just something to think about... i saw the video and had me thinking everytime I purchase a pair from a big retailer or online from a euro shop... video could be wrong so dont take what I say too seriously... all im saying is that it is something to think about.
Actually yeah you did say they sell fakes. I quote " house of hoops selling fake Jordan's now " hence the reason you caught such a strong reaction. Nah I am just breaking them, I hear what your saying about something to think about. I don't think you have to worry about the big retailers. Now "mom & pop shops" that's something else to think about. What video are talking about ?
You got two people mixed up. I said they were selling fakes. But as I later mention I wasnt actually suggesting ftl would be selling fakes. It was more of a "we pay all this money and this is the quality we as consumers get from jb". Is it going to stop me from buying future retros? Sadly, no and jb knows that which is why they can get away for putting out stuff like this. 

My original post should have started something like this "hoh selling fakes now? 
eyes.gif

sick.gif
 this is my pair I got from them, 
mean.gif
 at jb allowing this go out to ftl like this" 

I guess with the type of questions on nt these days I can see why people would actually think I was serious. 

Anyways, anyone heard of someone buying a pair of fake jordans while I also purchasing from a retailer and trying to return the fake pair to the retail? I know some cashiers probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Some people will do anything these days. Not sure if it was successful or not. Something I saw in an fb group.

For me it's

1) 3Ms from ranging bull pack (so clean looking and everyone loves them when I rock them...got that subtle shine)
2) Black tongue fire reds...can't wait for fall
3) Grapes
4) Metallics (I wear mine to the gym...one of the best Vs but a bit too plain)
5) everything else

I refuse to buy a Hornets cap to match these.

its kinda hard not to. i actually find wearing a Hornets hat with these acceptable. the Hornets team was founded around the same time these came out. I actually believe Nike was influenced by the colors and decided to take advantage of the introduction of the team. these and Hornets gear will forever be linked

Jessika came through for you!

lmao thats my cousins wife. i was out of town for the release so she did a raffle and won. my cousin won the raffle and got a pair too.

comparing these to the 2006 grapes, i feel like these have slightly better quality. the ankle padding isnt hollow like it was on the 2006 retro and the sole didnt come pre yellowed like some pairs of the 2006s did.

oldddd pics of my 2006 retro. I drove to Ford City and they only had a single 7.5 left. flipped these to get my 10.5. my how time flies

line at NT Chicago

View media item 402261
View media item 402262

View media item 402263

View media item 402264

View media item 402265

These are a dope shoe. But, in my opinion the white leather Nike has been putting out (Jordan 1 Bulls, IV White/Cements, Grapes, etc.) has been garbage. Its like a hard, painted plastic. what happen to that soft material they use to put out back in the day. Remember the og 4's? Those were the best. And the original V's from 1990 were'nt even leather! Why dont they just make it the way they did when we first fell in love with this shoe? Isnt that what retro is after all?

I don't understand the dislike for Charlotte Hornets gear to go with these sneaks, I'm going with that once I get them shipped to me on Friday. Its the only thing I'm wearing with these sneaks. I'm not doing polo shirts, white tees, or JB based apparel. All those are so basic to me, too easy to get to match. The Hornets hat I have is fitted since I wear strictly fitted. I never liked snapbacks, even when they were common in the 90s, I wasn't into them.

I have an authentic, on court warmup jacket, that will work for me as opposed to commonly licensed Hornets tees, jackets, etc. that most people have to go with these.

^basic is kind of good though, for some of us at least. I'm not trying to say look at me, I'm matching colors. White shirt, denim, and these is good enough for me. But I dont have any problems with someone wanting to wear a Hornets hat. I like those old school NBA hats where the city was in capital letters and the team name was in cursive. These new breed loud hats ain't for me. I look at some of these hats out there and just shake my head.

^basic is kind of good though, for some of us at least. I'm not trying to say look at me, I'm matching colors. White shirt, denim, and these is good enough for me. But I dont have any problems with someone wanting to wear a Hornets hat. I like those old school NBA hats where the city was in capital letters and the team name was in cursive. These new breed loud hats ain't for me. I look at some of these hats out there and just shake my head.
Oh yeah, I recall those original snapback hats made of wool back in the late 80s and very early 90s. I think they died out in the early 90s. I believe they made a resurgence though. I also think those were Starter brand back then if I'm not mistaken.

I forgot to mention the reason I'm going with Hornets gear to wear with these sneaks besides the fact the colors come very close, I was also a fan of theirs. Even though I like Lakers forever, in the 90s I liked in this order, Lakers, Magic, and Hornets. Hornets colorways were always alluring to me.

Back
Top Bottom