Air Jordan 5 "Oreo"

1S POST AFTER 6 YEAR NT HIATUS :] BEEN LURKING BUT HAD TO COME BACK

Grabbed the last 2 pairs in my local mall, Already had rocked my sz 10s, I would say ok quality all around

PROS: Blue tint is sick in person, shoe really pops
They almost fit TTS, a lil big like most recent retros.

CONS: Suede is like Last Shots from 05 :[
White midsole had chunks of hard paint crusted to side 
Glue stains arent too abundant but if you attempt to remove it, shoe turns Tyrone Biggums grey

Overall: Decent retro, Black Friday didnt build the hype.
Dudes was camping for these when I went to the mall...yet, the release day they're were still pairs?
If you couldnt get em, you didnt try hard!

Strolled into FTL at 1 PM, had my ticket, easy cop.

My box was jacked!

Thanks Nike/FTL.

Has anyone else noticed the black tissue glued to box flaps?

^^ yup, had a couple of that happend.. I usually just rip it if its tough to pull.. I don't need the paper anyway..

checked these out at a local mall, i was surprised to see most places had pairs. for $170 tho i decided to pass, even with a $15 off card, too much other stuff I want in the coming weeks

the shoes looked really good tho i must say, saw a guy wearing em they look great on feet.

Last edited:
went there last week and they didnt have anymore tickets and the dude that I talked to said they had a mad amount of shoes so that mall is going to be crazy right now. Good luck
I think I got pretty lucky last night. I found a spot right in front of Lord & Taylor, ran in, past the insane line coming out and going around the corner for Forever 21, told the guy I wanted a size 13 and got my ticket. He even brought them out for me to see because I had heard the jumpman on the back of some was off-centered. The pair I ended up with look seemingly perfect. When I went back today, right at 10am on the dot which was the cutoff for picking up, I made a pretty decent donation to their charity thing they were doing and gave the guy my info to keep me in the loop on other ticket giveaways. The guys there were all really nice - even in directing people who didn't have tickets to other stores in the mall that did have them. #Classy

They butchered this Black Friday release. Nothing wrong with the colorway itself as it's a simple shoe, but to go from Bred IVs, Black Cement IIIs, Flint XIIIs, Bin VIIs, etc. to Oreo Vs; they just seem too bland. They could have released these in October with much more appeal...

this is the most Trash jordan I can remember. Its crazy how people were lined up this morning for them when I drove by. The only way these would sell out is if its on black friday when people buy just to buy. Great move by JB.

I have a feeling that this is how its going to be for a lot of these general releases including gamma 11s and taxi 12s. I could be wrong but it seems as though nike is producing A LOT of these shoes. I know a lot of people didnt like these shoes but it was the same with Laneys.... They just produce enough for everyone now a days. Lets hope this keeps up in December.

I'm still sticking to my theory that JB was afraid someone was going to get killed or hurt over their shoes just like the other big holiday releases not too long ago, so they made enough to go around fairly easy. But as a humanistic approach, I much rather have everyone be safe and sound and JB have shoes that people like be manufactured in realistic quantities whether they are true fans or hypebeasts rather than someone get robbed or killed to make this shoe a "limited release" and a bragging right for those who were able to cop.

Just like I said it many many months ago, ther gonna sit just like the stealth X's blk/wht that released a year or two ago.
 probably wont sit 2 long due to the shoe game these days. Those that dont enter raffles or line up , or have bad luck online will have 
a J to cop.

There's gonna be atleast 1 J a year that is gonna sit on shelves for the bumz that are ariving from the slumz to become one of us OG 
Jordan Heads.

I'm not from the "slumz" and this isn't my first Retro Jordan, I respect those who have been doing this longer than me and I definitely agree that this isn't a joke or anything that shouldn't be taken serious because just like anything you have to have a passion for it and be committed to what you love. But, I don't agree with your whole statement just because someone buys a shoe that they are trying to be "OG Jordan Heads." A lot of people don't have enough money to buy every shoe they like on release date and rather be smart and prioritize their responsibilities over everything else. I love Jordans, but I'd definitely pass on a shoe I love if ima be late on my bills or walking around broke. I don't have the collection a lot of you do, not because I don't love Jordan's or because I'm a 'hypebeast" like most people on here would throw around. It's just that growing up my parents could never afford buying a pair of shoe's close to $200 when everyone else was able to. If I was blessed enough I'd get a pair of some fresh either all white or all black AF1 low tops probably once every year or close to a year. If I wanted a variation I would have to choose between the $50 or less Reebok high tops that looked similar to Nike's (don't know their name) I even wore the Stephen Marbury shoes sometimes as well as the Fila's in different colors because they were usually under $60. As the years have gone by I've saved my fair share of money and now I can have the luxury of buying the Jordan's I like whenever they drop cause money ain't a thing when you have money saved up and you have a cushion to be responsible with your bills, buy shoes, and not be broke afterwards. I'm skipping on the gamma blue 11's, powdered blue 3's, and so on cause I'm a simple dude with simple taste. I'm looking forward to the Taxi's, Black Cat 4's whenever they drop if they are done the proper way, and certain 6's, but I'm not into all the colorful stuff like the Bel-Air's for instance, but I love these Oreo 5's, Fire Red 5's with the black tongue and a few others but not the Grapes, Bel Air's, Laneys, etc.

I'm not from the "slumz" and this isn't my first Retro Jordan, I respect those who have been doing this longer than me and I definitely agree that this isn't a joke or anything that shouldn't be taken serious because just like anything you have to have a passion for it and be committed to what you love. But, I don't agree with your whole statement just because someone buys a shoe that they are trying to be "OG Jordan Heads." A lot of people don't have enough money to buy every shoe they like on release date and rather be smart and prioritize their responsibilities over everything else. I love Jordans, but I'd definitely pass on a shoe I love if ima be late on my bills or walking around broke. I don't have the collection a lot of you do, not because I don't love Jordan's or because I'm a 'hypebeast" like most people on here would throw around. It's just that growing up my parents could never afford buying a pair of shoe's close to $200 when everyone else was able to. If I was blessed enough I'd get a pair of some fresh either all white or all black AF1 low tops probably once every year or close to a year. If I wanted a variation I would have to choose between the $50 or less Reebok high tops that looked similar to Nike's (don't know their name) I even wore the Stephen Marbury shoes sometimes as well as the Fila's in different colors because they were usually under $60. As the years have gone by I've saved my fair share of money and now I can have the luxury of buying the Jordan's I like whenever they drop cause money ain't a thing when you have money saved up and you have a cushion to be responsible with your bills, buy shoes, and not be broke afterwards. I'm skipping on the gamma blue 11's, powdered blue 3's, and so on cause I'm a simple dude with simple taste. I'm looking forward to the Taxi's, Black Cat 4's whenever they drop if they are done the proper way, and certain 6's, but I'm not into all the colorful stuff like the Bel-Air's for instance, but I love these Oreo 5's, Fire Red 5's with the black tongue and a few others but not the Grapes, Bel Air's, Laneys, etc.

Whatsup Chi Real **** Ican relate on the whole mom dukes coukdnt afford it that jays was a birthday shoe to me when I was younger but now that I'm older and doin well for myself I can buy most releases that come out for shoes I like not shoes that hype

How you end up liking your oreos tho fam ? I ended up gettin mine 10 days before RD you ended up preordering right and got em early

What the resell on these?

I've seen reputable Ebay sellers 99.5% - 100% feedback with thousands of sales under their belt selling them anywhere from $180 shipped to $250 shipped, depending on your size and who it is. I was stupid and paid $240 shipped last Friday thinking these would be sold out in seconds from a seller who has sold over 20,000 items, 100% feedback, and a member since 99'. Turns out its some mom and pop shop in Virginia called Athletic House trying to sell their inventory beforehand probably thinking that everyone would be at the usual shoe stores inside the mall's or copping online so no one would pay attention to them. Thankfully, my shoes and box look perfect, definitely a lot better than most people who copped from Foot Locker and Finish Line. I guess I was blessed and that shop takes care of their inventory a lot better than the usual retailers. I'm just happy my shoes are legit and got them on Tuesday.

Whatsup Chi Real **** Ican relate on the whole mom dukes coukdnt afford it that jays was a birthday shoe to me when I was younger but now that I'm older and doin well for myself I can buy most releases that come out for shoes I like not shoes that hype

How you end up liking your oreos tho fam ? I ended up gettin mine 10 days before RD you ended up preordering right and got em early

I'm glad someone understands how it is, I hate being considered a "hypebeast" just because I'm late to the collection party. But, it is what it is, I'm just coppin what I like, even though just like you I could cop every release if I wanted to now that I'm doing a lot better for myself thanks to God it's a blessing. Yeah, I ordered them that Friday I hit you up, and honestly I love them. As I was telling someone else I just replied to, mine came perfect, I may just be blessed but my quality was great and the box was perfect since they double boxed and everything. I'm sure there may be a slight imperfection if I pay really close attention, but they definitely look a lot better than some I have seen on this thread. It turned out the seller I was asking you about is a mom and pops type store in Virginia called Athletic House, so that was a nice surprise. But, I should have waited and put in my 8 raffle tickets and gotten them cheaper since apparently the hype wasn't real and no one was diggin this smooth colorway that goes great with everything, but that's just my style I'm a simple guy and like simple colors. If anything, these shoes make my black tee and jeans look a lot better haha. Did you get your second pair? I remember you saying you was gonna keep a pair on ice and another to wear. You still like your Oreo's??

I'm glad someone understands how it is, I hate being considered a "hypebeast" just because I'm late to the collection party. But, it is what it is, I'm just coppin what I like, even though just like you I could cop every release if I wanted to now that I'm doing a lot better for myself thanks to God it's a blessing. Yeah, I ordered them that Friday I hit you up, and honestly I love them. As I was telling someone else I just replied to, mine came perfect, I may just be blessed but my quality was great and the box was perfect since they double boxed and everything. I'm sure there may be a slight imperfection if I pay really close attention, but they definitely look a lot better than some I have seen on this thread. It turned out the seller I was asking you about is a mom and pops type store in Virginia called Athletic House, so that was a nice surprise. But, I should have waited and put in my 8 raffle tickets and gotten them cheaper since apparently the hype wasn't real and no one was diggin this smooth colorway that goes great with everything, but that's just my style I'm a simple guy and like simple colors. If anything, these shoes make my black tee and jeans look a lot better haha. Did you get your second pair? I remember you saying you was gonna keep a pair on ice and another to wear. You still like your Oreo's??

That's whatsup I ended up buying a 2nd pair today for the hell of it to my suprise a lot of stores carried them and they weren't a fast sell out I put in for a raffle and ended up winning so now I got a xtra pair on back up. So when the pair im rockin now in rotation is put to retirement 6 months to a year from now maybe even later I can pull out a fresh pair where more than likely everybody and they mama not rockin em no more

I started collection a year ago all shoes that I wear and like not nothin bought soley off hype I'm sure theirs people who got more than me but my 35 pairs I own all got within the last year all them damn near fresh cuz I take care and have a huge rotation I cycle at least 25 kicks I got 10 DS pairs that I doubled up on kicks that I just love like white cement 4s laney 5s black toungues oreos 5 and so on I plan on wearing all my DS pairs only when I'm finished with the first ones

went to DSG last night and saw em still on display.....I asked if they still had my size and they did(14) so i asked them if i could cancel my order online but they couldn't...oh well but if DSG is still carrying them, that's a sure sign that the hypebeasts didn't care for these, probably because they're a GR. I'm glad though because i like the cw and if these were limited then the beasts would flock and instant sellout in minutes...

Back
Top Bottom