Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

I would've been FURIOUS :lol:
Yeah I felt for a few in the Fire Red 4 thread. Knowing it was their favorite pair of all and to be let down by avoidable QC issues.
This to me may be a different type of situation though. I could be possible that they passed inspection while appearing to have an all white Midsole. Only to have the reaction to the paint take place weeks to months after. Thats why I asked BigSparky about the production dates. Maybe the older the date, the further the color changing has progressed. Which would give us a clear indication that it will be inevitable.

Glad I ain't sell my 2014s. I love Nike Air, but not enough to knowingly spend retail on factory defective sneakers.
Luckily for me, this isn't the "IT" 6 colorway for me. That would go to the Black Infrareds, and it's not even close. If they had messed those up like this, I would've been FURIOUS :lol:
Just sold mine last week for the low cuz in was set in getting these. More i now I gotta spendon some similar condition 2014s

Last edited:
I really do not think its a "bleeding" issue, more looks to be a specific paint mixture failure to the midsole itself. Reaction to moisture and or cold storage during its trip overseas?
I'm definitely no expert with midsole paint. Would you assume they will all turn eventually if they haven't already? Or perhaps the 'wrong' paint mixture was used on the ones that already have turned? Just curious if you have an opinion on that. Apologies in advance if my question is ridiculous lol

Yeah I felt for a few in the Fire Red 4 thread. Knowing it was their favorite pair of all and to be let down by avoidable QC issues.
This to me may be a different type of situation though. I could be possible that they passed inspection while appearing to have an all white Midsole. Only to have the reaction to the paint take place weeks to months after. Thats why I asked BigSparky about the production dates. Maybe the older the date, the further the color changing has progressed. Which would give us a clear indication that it will be inevitable.
This makes a lot of sense. They could have turned in the box after. It would definitely explain a lot of things.

I'm definitely no expert with midsole paint. Would you assume they will all turn eventually if they haven't already? Or perhaps the 'wrong' paint mixture was used on the ones that already have turned? Just curious if you have an opinion on that. Apologies in advance if my question is ridiculous lol
Not at all. Really good question. If the paint mix has a bad aging reaction, to me all pairs will eventually have this problem. Assuming the paint is the same throughout all production.
If some pairs do not turn, those are the pairs that need tracked back to said factory and have specs compared to the factories that had "bad" pairs.

these are my fourth fav colorway of the vi

black infared, white sport blue, and white infared then carmines

maroons are last even tho i did buy those

I don’t care if they turned 2 years from now. It is unacceptable.
Very true. But, there has to be a Quality controlled backtrack to this problem that Nike must do OR they have the potential to repeat this problem again. Something went wrong with the paint specs. Is it all factories? Dont know. There is always a trace back to the defect created. Thats only if Nike actually cares to do such,

So since everyone's saying these are going to bleed regardless I'm gonna tape mine up and paint the Midsole I'll post results over the next few days when i get them finished to show before and after.

I was thinking about how those in possession of the Carmines will now have the chance to perfect the sneaker with a paint job that will surpass traditional factory quality.

It's a skill and a patience that I do not have but wish I did, as it's like painting a sculpture. I'm very excited to see what your Carmines will look like, as you will have time (more than they would in a factory) to make them as pristine white as possible. Going over the details with more care than we've seen from any factory sneakers in general. These will look incredible.

jordan-weight-lifting3.jpg

Maybe think about the Glitter issue with the Jordan 1. Could they have known the aging process of the material they used? How could they?
Fresh off the line they looked fine. Several months to years later, totally different. There is no way for the factories to know the reaction of aged materials unless, they build a sample with 100 percent materials to what they go to assembly with, let it sit for months, then start official production. As we all know in the manufacturing business, that cant happen.

Glad I ain't sell my 2014s. I love Nike Air, but not enough to knowingly spend retail on factory defective sneakers.
Luckily for me, this isn't the "IT" 6 colorway for me. That would go to the Black Infrareds, and it's not even close. If they had messed those up like this, I would've been FURIOUS :lol:

I definitely agree with you on this, in fact these are my least favorite OG 6 cw aside from Maroons (yes I like Sport Blues better lol)

Maybe think about the Glitter issue with the Jordan 1. Could they have known the aging process of the material they used? How could they?
Fresh off the line they looked fine. Several months to years later, totally different. There is no way for the factories to know the reaction of aged materials unless, they build a sample with 100 percent materials to what they go to assembly with, let it sit for months, then start official production. As we all know in the manufacturing business, that cant happen.
Why can’t that happen? That was a great explanation of what they were supposed to be doing.

Why can’t that happen? That was a great explanation of what they were supposed to be doing.
Because factories do not have time to sit on just one shoe. Its always on to the next. These factories are competing with each other just to get contracts with Nike. So a Carmine Jordan is just another production run to them out of several hundred more styles they need to make.
To invest THAT much time into one shoe would cost that specific factory money on THEIR end. Its always on to the next in manufacturing. Nike is not interested in superior quality. Its about units out the door. And these factories, which are trying to survive on their own accord, know this.

A company gets a sample, it meets all the requirements etc. Then it’s go time, you get samples during the early stages
But to do a full run then let it sit, that isn’t going to happen it’s a logistics nightmare
Im sure in the sneakers business, letting a set of sneakers sit, is just gold for the bootleggers

You know, all jokes aside, I wonder if the Balvins somehow had something to do with this? I saw 4 or 5 pics of those over a few months and the sole being pink was so slight I didn't notice until something like a month before the release. Wonder if somehow that played a part, because it's the same thing with these - if you just took a random glance and were thinking more about the price and release date or looking at the toebox, you might not immediately notice it.

The “IT” colorway for the VI’s has been and always will be the Black Infrareds.

Carmines may be second in line to some or most but don’t get it twisted. I love this colorway but it ain’t topping those Black Infrareds.
Nothing beats the Black and White Infrareds. The Carmines come 3rd overall in 6s. The color blocking of Carmines was ahead of its time.

Because factories do not have time to sit on just one shoe. Its always on to the next. These factories are competing with each other just to get contracts with Nike. So a Carmine Jordan is just another production run to them out of several hundred more styles they need to make.
To invest THAT much time into one shoe would cost that specific factory money on THEIR end. Its always on to the next in manufacturing. Nike is not interested in superior quality. Its about units out the door. And these factories, which are trying to survive on their own accord, know this.
I’m not saying they need to do all that but they should just do some basic material compatibility testing. They can do long term testing on new paint process before changing it from whatever was working.

Back
Top Bottom