Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

OG colorways aren’t going down in prices. I made sure to cop multiples pairs this time around. Back in early 2000s, I joined NT as a broke teenager and used to spend endless hours on the forum wishing I could afford even ONE pair.

For me, Carmines are the release of the year. Y’all can keep all the hyped up stuff. Just let get my pairs and I’m good.

5F1EF8F3-DD1E-43C9-84EB-7276CCACD2C7.jpeg
So smart man I wish I would have used this mindset getting the infrared and BC 4s. I just grabbed some carmines and I'm going to try on RD for a 2nd.

Oof saw on Twitter that Nightwing has now changed his tune from “pink pairs aren’t authentic” to “pink pairs surfaced after we filmed” after MJ23DAN tweeted at him about the issue in stores and other people on Twitter and in YouTube comments mentioned the pink issue.

Not sure why they couldn’t just update the video description but I’m thinking there might be more to this story.. I really respect this guy for his honest criticisms in reviews but I’m honestly wondering if he’s going for a position at Nike/JB, especially after his wife mentioned an open product development position there in one of their recent videos. Would explain all of this and it would make a ton of sense if he was going for a position there and, ironically, Nike/JB probably should probably hire more enthusiasts like Nightwing to run the brand instead of morons like Gentry at the helm.

F0050302-9B6F-4EC6-B47E-C005ED989CFE.jpeg

Most of those you named... actually everything but the IEs are TRASH.
I actually like those red/flint 13s.
You can have all the IE’s I won’t cop.
No he can’t. I’m buying them all.

I hope everyone who buys the Carmines sends them right back if they have any pink whatsoever. And also notes that it is the reason for the return. If these are in fact ALL defective, having Nike receive thousands of returns sends a direct and blatant message.

So smart man I wish I would have used this mindset getting the infrared and BC 4s. I just grabbed some carmines and I'm going to try on RD for a 2nd.

I copped multiples to make sure I have options long term.

I can trade for heat down the road 5 years from now, or flip them to cop some other kicks.

Collector moves, but you know cant post these types of pics without ppl thinking I'm a reseller nowadays SMH

The "Game" done changed

Even if mine are pink, I’m keeping. I will still roast them though. :lol:

i can’t wait 50 years for them to get them right.
You know I too am 1000 years old, but I can’t apply that thinking on this one, even if it means I never get a pair before I’m 50-plus LOL

For me, this is different than the typical butchered retro where they jack up the shape, details, etc. As much as I hate all of that and pass on some classic OG retros because of it, those shoes usually look alright from five feet away. Only other shoe geeks know what’s wrong or inaccurate with them. But these, you can’t hide pink midsoles from anyone. It just looks terrible, so I’ll have no desire to ever wear them. Thus it makes no sense for me to keep a pink pair. But that’s just me.
Either way, Nike deserves a massive public roasting for this mess. Unless it turns out all the pink pairs are removed from circulation and this whole thing has been entirely overblown in terms of the number of affected pairs. But that seems pretty unlikely so far.

Last edited:
I'm waiting until Wednesday or Thursday for FLX reserve. I'm sure a lot of stores are gonna be cancelling. Then once they cancel you can't change the store.

Back
Top Bottom