Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

Oof saw on Twitter that Nightwing has now changed his tune from “pink pairs aren’t authentic” to “pink pairs surfaced after we filmed” after MJ23DAN tweeted at him about the issue in stores and other people on Twitter and in YouTube comments mentioned the pink issue.

Not sure why they couldn’t just update the video description but I’m thinking there might be more to this story.. I really respect this guy for his honest criticisms in reviews but I’m honestly wondering if he’s going for a position at Nike/JB, especially after his wife mentioned an open product development position there in one of their recent videos. Would explain all of this and it would make a ton of sense if he was going for a position there and, ironically, Nike/JB probably should probably hire more enthusiasts like Nightwing to run the brand instead of morons like Gentry at the helm.

F0050302-9B6F-4EC6-B47E-C005ED989CFE.jpeg
i like to rip on nightwing alot because honestly its fun to do so but I cant blame him if he is trying to keep it nuetral to get free **** from shoe companies because id honestly do the same. free **** is free **** especially the way these shoe companies be taking advantage of our love for shoes

if nike was seeding me pairs id say them ****s were same quality as italian leather dress shoes 😂

4x3jnw.jpg

For anyone who purchases the Carmines, constant updates will be greatly appreciated! Everyone wants to know how wide spread this really is? I've never seen anything like it.

i like to rip on nightwing alot because honestly its fun to do so but I cant blame him if he is trying to keep it nuetral to get free **** from shoe companies because id honestly do the same. free **** is free **** especially the way these shoe companies be taking advantage of our love for shoes

if nike was seeding me pairs id say them ****s were same quality as italian leather dress shoes 😂

A lot of people would do the same. They genuinely love the shoes so much they would gladly work with the company that produces them.

Oof saw on Twitter that Nightwing has now changed his tune from “pink pairs aren’t authentic” to “pink pairs surfaced after we filmed” after MJ23DAN tweeted at him about the issue in stores and other people on Twitter and in YouTube comments mentioned the pink issue.

Not sure why they couldn’t just update the video description but I’m thinking there might be more to this story.. I really respect this guy for his honest criticisms in reviews but I’m honestly wondering if he’s going for a position at Nike/JB, especially after his wife mentioned an open product development position there in one of their recent videos. Would explain all of this and it would make a ton of sense if he was going for a position there and, ironically, Nike/JB probably should probably hire more enthusiasts like Nightwing to run the brand instead of morons like Gentry at the helm.

F0050302-9B6F-4EC6-B47E-C005ED989CFE.jpeg
super reach but go off

The only shock coming with this drop will be the pink you thought wasn’t going to be there when you open up that box on RD.

If anything it’ll be them sodomized TR 1’s. :lol:

I went to a Foot Locker yesterday and inquired with an employee about the scenario with these flawed shoes.

He acknowledged there was a high amount that had the faded pink midsoles in his store, but he couldn't provide a percentage. He verified they were going to ship back the pairs with the f'd up midsoles, but the ones that aren't flawed will remain in their inventory and allocated for the app reservation as far as his store went. I assume all Foot Locker Inc. stores will follow suit.

I went to a Foot Locker yesterday and inquired with an employee about the scenario with these flawed shoes.

He acknowledged there was a high amount that had the faded pink midsoles in his store, but he couldn't provide a percentage. He verified they were going to ship back the pairs with the f'd up midsoles, but the ones that aren't flawed will remain in their inventory and allocated for the app reservation as far as his store went. I assume all Foot Locker Inc. stores will follow suit.
So getting a good pair will depend on some store employees’ judgments as to whether or not a pair is tinted. And then, if they’re sending back all the tinted pairs (as they should), the inventory on these goes to being far more limited. So odds of scoring a pair take a huge hit. Yeah, I doubt I’m going to end up with these LOL

So getting a good pair will depend on some store employees’ judgments as to whether or not a pair is tinted. And then, if they’re sending back all the tinted pairs (as they should), the inventory on these goes to being far more limited. So odds of scoring a pair take a huge hit. Yeah, I doubt I’m going to end up with these LOL

All good points with this one. It all makes sense based on logic. This release is just overwhelmed with a lot of unnecessary stress based on quality details honestly.

I'm honestly leaning more toward not getting them because either I have to worry about getting faded pink midsoles or the midsoles turning pink eventually as some have speculated on here.

As much as I wanted them, especially since I have an affinity for the VI, I think I can live without these because I have a lot of shoes. And it's not like I wear them daily or often. Damn near all my shoes that I acquire are for correlation purposes, like to go with a specific jersey or certain articles of clothing I have. So that means I wear my shoes on a somewhat limited basis with that approach.

All good points with this one. It all makes sense based on logic. This release is just overwhelmed with a lot of unnecessary stress based on quality details honestly.

I'm honestly leaning more toward not getting them because either I have to worry about getting faded pink midsoles or the midsoles turning pink eventually as some have speculated on here.

As much as I wanted them, especially since I have an affinity for the VI, I think I can live without these because I have a lot of shoes. And it's not like I wear them daily or often. Damn near all my shoes that I acquire are for correlation purposes, like to go with a specific jersey or certain articles of clothing I have. So that means I wear my shoes on a somewhat limited basis with that approach.
Ideally, getting a pair from SNKRS is the best we can hope for. Say they arrive with no pink. You’ve got 60 days to see if they start to turn even if you wear them. For people who sit on stuff for months or a year or more before wearing them, you can send them back at any time if they’re unworn. That’s why I changed my mind on at least trying to get a pair. Nothing to lose. Likely won’t get selected for them, anyway, though.

Ideally, getting a pair from SNKRS is the best we can hope for. Say they arrive with no pink. You’ve got 60 days to see if they start to turn even if you wear them. For people who sit on stuff for months or a year or more before wearing them, you can send them back at any time if they’re unworn. That’s why I changed my mind on at least trying to get a pair. Nothing to lose. Likely won’t get selected for them, anyway, though.

I'll admit that I've gone back and forth as well. "Maybe it was just a certain percentage that were defective and the rest are fine?" Or "How will the color age? Will it turn my socks pink?"

It's like going back and fourth with an abusive spouse. "Maybe it will be different this time and if it's the same I'll just leave for good (return sneaker)

People are going to be checking their Carmines daily like a plant 🌱 to detect any change in color 😂🤣 This whole thing is weird 👽

I'll admit that I've gone back and forth as well. "Maybe it was just a certain percentage that were defective and the rest are fine?" Or "How will the color age? Will it turn my socks pink?"

It's like going back and fourth with an abusive spouse. "Maybe it will be different this time and if it's the same I'll just leave for good (return sneaker)

People are going to be checking their Carmines daily like a plant 🌱 to detect any change in color 😂🤣 This whole thing is weird 👽
My gut tells me loads of pairs are affected, but we only have anecdotal evidence to suggest it. So far, anyway.
My overall view of what a ****show this is, and how pathetic it is, has not changed. I do not expect a good outcome. But I don't KNOW that for sure. So I realized, why am I going to give up when I can just return them?
Pretty sure it's going to be a moot point in terms of getting a pair, anyway. Gonna be loads of Ls, even more now if inventory is being returned to Nike. And in that sense, even if the people who do get them end up with OK pairs, loads of others are going to be screwed out of getting them because of this debacle and the reduced inventory. So any way you slice it, Nike/JB deserve a huge F you on this one, no matter what. Unless, when it shakes out, it's only like 2 or 3 percent of the inventory that's affected. Yeah, right.

Back
Top Bottom