Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

Nobody knows yet. It’s all speculation at this point.
FWIW I’ve never seen color “bleed” without some sort of spatial gradient wrt the source. The fact that the heel color looks exactly the same as the medial side of the midsole (which touches the carmine) kinda suggests that the issue was with the paint and it’s not an issue with the carmine bleeding onto the white.
Plus the white leather parts right next to the carmine red have no color bleeding on them as well. I agree its probably a paint on the midsole issue.

Plus the white leather parts right next to the carmine red have no color bleeding on them as well. I agree its probably a paint on the midsole issue.
It could still be bleeding but it’s definitely not the carmine dye from the durabuck bleeding into the white paint. If anything it’s primer or some chemical on the midsole that’s bleeding through or reacting with the white paint. That or they simply used pink paint by mistake on some of the batches.

4x0ngc.jpg
Her man Big G hooked her up for Valentine's Day 🌷

Last edited:
It could still be bleeding but it’s definitely not the carmine dye from the durabuck bleeding into the white paint. If anything it’s primer or some chemical on the midsole that’s bleeding through or reacting with the white paint. That or they simply used pink paint by mistake on some of the batches.
See this is what I was telling everyone on Instagram too. I think it's either their primer or it is a carrier PU foam. It only took 3 light coats of paint to fix them so I dont think its bleeding either tbh.

...and those folks are most likely sent "proper" pairs from Nike Inc., either directly or indirectly.

These sneaker Youtube reviews are in actuality just commercials for the sneakers. They are a vector for selling product.

If you say nice things about said products, that furthers your chances of getting potentially free or discounted products from Nike, Adidas, New Balance or whomever.
We not talking about the same type of influencers. Guys like Mike rich isn’t sent **** from Nike, he has plugs. And pays resell 🤦🏾‍♂️ Or orders from SNKRS like anyone else.

Last edited:
This is the most logical answer. But it’s more fun to go nuts with speculation and fake news it. 🤣🤣

My FTL said they are 'supposed' to be sending them back but they don't know blah blah being mad obscure. Wouldn't tell me if a lot were pink or how many.

My FTL said they are 'supposed' to be sending them back but they don't know blah blah being mad obscure. Wouldn't tell me if a lot were pink or how many.
cant they just back door the pink pairs? theres clearly a market for them with that stockx warning

Tell ya what. I changed my mind. I'll try to still buy a pair next weekend on release date, because what do I care? (That is, if the release does in fact go ahead.) I/we either get a pair that's fine, or we don't. If bad, back they go the same day they're delivered. Thinking about it more today--and similar to what a few others have said--I'm not as convinced it's a bleeding issue as I was yesterday. I would think if it was, we'd see red coloration on some of the white parts of the upper.

However, I'm still a concerned it's something that could eventually appear, as it did on those Penny 2 retros that didn't even have a hint of red in their colorway LOL. IF the release happens, and IF I get a pair (wasn't gonna pay resale for these no matter what), and IF I somehow get a pair with no pink, I will wear them every single day, all day, inside the house for a month (or is Nike still offering that 60-day return policy no matter what?) and see if the discoloration begins. Any hint of it, however slight, and they're gone.

Tell ya what. I changed my mind. I'll try to still buy a pair next weekend on release date, because what do I care? (That is, if the release does in fact go ahead.) I/we either get a pair that's fine, or we don't. If bad, back they go the same day they're delivered. Thinking about it more today--and similar to what a few others have said--I'm not as convinced it's a bleeding issue as I was yesterday. I would think if it was, we'd see red coloration on some of the white parts of the upper.

However, I'm still a concerned it's something that could eventually appear, as it did on those Penny 2 retros that didn't even have a hint of red in their colorway LOL. IF the release happens, and IF I get a pair (wasn't gonna pay resale for these no matter what), and IF I somehow get a pair with no pink, I will wear them every single day, all day, inside the house for a month (or is Nike still offering that 60-day return policy no matter what?) and see if the discoloration begins. Any hint of it, however slight, and they're gone.

“And they’re gone” huh? Lol Who are you trying to convince tho? NT Karen? And do you not walk in your house? You gonna wear for 30 days straight in the house? Really. That’s called unds’d, sir. Better hope you’re able to copp off Nike with all that wear testing you plan on doing. To me it just sounds like you’re copping, and that’s that. All the rest of that you said just sounds like you’re trying to justify your own hypocrisy. Don’t back peddle now. You was just on the whole pink revolt outrage wave just yesterday so keep that same energy as we rapidly approach RD.

Last edited:
“And they’re gone” huh? Lol Who are you trying to convince tho? NT Karen? And do you not walk in your house? You gonna wear for 30 days straight in the house? Really. That’s called unds’d, sir. Better hope you’re able to copp off Nike with all that wear testing you plan on doing. To me it just sounds like you’re copping, and that’s that. All the rest of that you said just sounds like you’re trying to justify your own hypocrisy. Don’t back peddle now. You was just on the whole pink revolt outrage wave just yesterday so keep that same energy as we rapidly approach RD.
Dude. I have no problem with you on here, but sometimes you're a bit of a hysteric. Many times you sound like you have some personal stake in the perceived quality of these retros, and if other people dare call Nike/JB on their nonsense, it's somehow outrageous. How many Nike shares do you own?
Additionally, sometimes your reading comprehension leaves something to be desired, and you launch into this silliness. As you just did.
You do realize Nike has a 60-day return policy, right? Worn or not. That is exactly what I was referencing. I have said since day one on this release, before this pink thing ever even became a thing, that I was either getting them from SNKRS or somewhere else for retail, or I wouldn't get them. As for the somewhere else, guess what? You can return materially defective shoes to Nike even if you purchased elsewhere and that store's return window has closed. I've done it many times when necessary, almost always with a full refund issued.
Yes, I am disgusted at times by how poorly these people run their business. But I also love sneakers and love Air Jordans. I would love to have these. But I will never make excuses for this corporation when it goes wrong--something that happens often.
You need to dial back on these personal call outs. Hypocrisy? Excuse me. I'm a grownup. I am allowed to reconsider my approach, even if only a day has passed. I don't need to justify jack **** to myself, and certainly not to you or anyone else, over a pair of $200 shoes. I could buy 10 pairs of these or any other Jordan retro and not blink an eye.
The only thing that has changed in my view since the other day is, I am now not certain this is a bleeding issue. I looked at more photos. I read and considered what some members here, who work in engineering, production and materials manufacturing, have said. I thought about it some more. There is zero risk to me in buying a pair. If they end up ****ed, yes, I will be made whole. So I will try to get a pair. That doesn't change my opinion of JB and what's happening here. The end.

I think he said he wanted it to look more like the 2000 “Deep Infrared” shade.. I much prefer the 2019 OG Infrared color.

I’m just waiting on the 2019 retros to dip back a little in price, they shot up to near Concord resell value this year. Might grab a lightly used pair off eBay to do it to, if I do this conversion I plan on wearing em a bit!!
Why do you think the 2019 Infrareds will dip in price?

People bought bootleg looking XI’s with minimal patent for years and now they are going to scream bloody murder over a slight pink hue defect that’s mostly on the medial side. :rofl:

I‘m still copping one pair. Gotta see the @MJO23DAN and @GrizzlyAnimal reviews tho. 😛
This guy ... :smh:
Exactly. Sometimes it seems like some members here work for the JB PR team LOL
Tell ya what. I changed my mind. I'll try to still buy a pair next weekend on release date..
THIS F🤬IN’ GUY... :rofl:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom