Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

Like I said before, it seemed ominous with this release with the so-called matching socks being rehashed inaccurately having the "23" on one side instead of both sides like the original, and a boatload of pairs being f'd up with pink discolored midsoles.

It's like a sign that it isn't in my fate to get these because I struck out on Champs, Footaction, and Foot Locker today. Perhaps it's a good thing because I had way too much trepidation trying to get these honestly. I can't recall having this much trepidation for a release because I was concerned about ending up with a f'd up pair had I been selected via app reservation. I also had uncertainty about the midsoles potentially turning pink even if I secured a good pair at a store. Just too many worries for me just for some shoes.

Some have speculated on here that the midsoles will eventually turn pink which caused reluctance for me to get them. Will it be a formality with the midsoles eventually turning pink even if you get a good and new pair at a store? I wonder how factual that is.

You talking about Fox Hills in Culver City?

You know it. It will always be referred to as Fox Hills Mall by locals either young or old. Only people from out of town will refer to it as the gentrified Westfield Culver City name. I recall Westfield bought that mall in 1998, but locals will seemingly refuse to budge from identifying it as Fox Hills Mall forever honestly.

Their credibility and reputation would have been hurt by accepting those pairs as a normal flaw.

It read like they were going to approve them

The credibility of StockX has been tarnished for quite some time now realistically with the fees they impose on sellers, and now on buyers too since last year.

Another major credibility issue with them is that fakes have passed through their authentication process a multitude of times!

I think if you’re going to resell GRs you need to hold long term and sell a few years down the line. It’s often times quite a pain to keep and store shoes for years but it’s a legitimate way to get a solid return on your GRs. Quick flips don’t really amount to much unless you’re buying full FSRs, etc. since the profit per pie is negligible.

It's feasible to try to fetch a higher profit with trying to sell general releases years later, but maintaining space for them is inconvenient as you conveyed. And another problem with that is the profit number isn't guaranteed or a formality. It's just too much uncertainty on all angles.

Trying to sell them fast, especially when they haven't been out too long pretty much gets a small net gain because the market is saturated with too many people trying to slang the same damn thing.

That's why I'm glad I just get one pair for myself with whatever I like because it's strictly for wearing, especially to correlate with certain attire since it's my personal style. And most of my shoes last a long time because I only wear them with a specific article so I end up wearing different things somewhat constantly.

Those Nike LeBron VIII Lakers are a perfect example of sellers being ignorant because they were only available in a few stores with the corporate chains, so a good amount of those fools went around town to get them assuming they were going to fetch a big profit predicated on that. It's funny how I saw a sale go for $250 for those in my size on StockX after they released when they were $200 retail, not much profit with that sale after overhead and fees. They clearly didn't know LeBron shoes don't have high demand.

B094D7CA-116A-42B8-B3F3-2EDF7E077BC5.jpeg

CC737F1D-AAE7-4909-82D6-B1FD159180F6.jpeg

A6B98131-3038-4A90-888E-85587F4F8048.jpeg

45E5F37A-0C87-4504-936F-F17AB3FB4C87.jpeg

Last look at the OG before the 2021 officially drops

For those who are ready to pay resell for these why Stockx and not Goat or eBay ? IIRC Stockx put a disclaimer about the pink pairs and are allowing them to be sold on their platform and unlike Goat or eBay, there are no pics for you to see what you're getting, so if you end up with a bad pair...

I have the same question. Why StockX and not ebay etc?

B094D7CA-116A-42B8-B3F3-2EDF7E077BC5.jpeg

CC737F1D-AAE7-4909-82D6-B1FD159180F6.jpeg

A6B98131-3038-4A90-888E-85587F4F8048.jpeg

45E5F37A-0C87-4504-936F-F17AB3FB4C87.jpeg

Last look at the OG before the 2021 officially drops

I really, REALLY wish they'd brought back the nylon border wrap for the tongue, just for this release. Carmines were the first pair to get it, then the last few rounds of Infrareds also had them applied. Nice extra touch.

Yea most Retro GR's has stayed down consistently... Flint 13, Fire Red 5, Fire Red 4 have pretty much stayed under $250 for months now. Fire Red 4 is just starting to go up but not much.
The problem with buying a pair from SX, especially, is that a $250 sale price becomes $296 after fees and, in my case, CA tax. Need to find someone on eBay with a price like that and free or at least low shipping to actually pay close to $250.
You know it. It will always be referred to as Fox Hills Mall by locals either young or old. Only people from out of town will refer to it as the gentrified Westfield Culver City name. I recall Westfield bought that mall in 1998, but locals will seemingly refuse to budge from identifying it as Fox Hills Mall forever honestly.
I live near it. I am not a SoCal native but that's not why I asked; I know everyone calls it Fox Hills. But I didn't know if that was what you meant or another mall somewhere else in America called Fox Hills LOL
I only even go there for the sneaker stores, honestly. Isn't much else there.

Is it just me or is anyone else feeling like the longer we go on with the booooll$hit regarding this release, the less I care if I get em or not.

It's hard enough dealing with these fraud reservation apps. But the QC issues take the cake.

The pink sole debacle already makes this a "limit release"; which might drive up the resell price to get a clean pair. And then if you DO get a clean pair there's fear of it possibly turning pink later. 😱

I'm starting to feel like it might not be worth paying whatever these prices end up being for a pair of shoes that might change colors next week or the week after or some 3 months from now.

Like another guy said, it shouldn't be THIS hard to spend money.

It's feasible to try to fetch a higher profit with trying to sell general releases years later, but maintaining space for them is inconvenient as you conveyed. And another problem with that is the profit number isn't guaranteed or a formality. It's just too much uncertainty on all angles.

Trying to sell them fast, especially when they haven't been out too long pretty much gets a small net gain because the market is saturated with too many people trying to slang the same damn thing.

That's why I'm glad I just get one pair for myself with whatever I like because it's strictly for wearing, especially to correlate with certain attire since it's my personal style. And most of my shoes last a long time because I only wear them with a specific article so I end up wearing different things somewhat constantly.

I’ll be honest with you, I can’t think of a single OG cw that hasn’t resold in 2-3 years significantly above retail. With OG 1s (the model not just specific OG 1 OG cws) they tend to resell significantly above even bottom of resell (I.e. when people get ours in hand after release) in that same time period (I.e. Spideys) or even sooner (I.e. Mochas). It’s honestly not hard to gauge this because it’s pretty damn certain with how JB produces product and their release cycle. Hence why I tell people to double up at resell and move the 2nd pair down the way to subsidize the 1st. I guarantee you those who do this with the Neutral Greys will be able to HEAVILY subsidize the one pair they end up keeping. The only things that suck is that you ha e to store an additional pair and you also have money tied up in that pair. The latter likely won’t make a difference to someone who has been doing this and is constantly moving old pairs with this strategy though.

Last edited:
Is it just me or is anyone else feeling like the longer we go on with the booooll$hit regarding this release, the less I care if I get em or not.

It's hard enough dealing with these fraud reservation apps. But the QC issues take the cake.

The pink sole debacle already makes this a "limit release"; which might drive up the resell price to get a clean pair. And then if you DO get a clean pair there's fear of it possibly turning pink later. 😱

I'm starting to feel like it might not be worth paying whatever these prices end up being for a pair of shoes that might change colors next week or the week after or some 3 months from now.

Absolutely. I've mentioned it earlier. There are a lot of shoes I want but fewer I absolutely HAVE to have. These fall into the first category for me. This won't be the first time I can't hit on a pair like this, and what I learned a long time ago is, once I fight through the first day or two of irritation, I literally don't care after that. That's why I refuse to pay SX or GOAT or whatever resale for these. I like to look at these and I would enjoy throwing them on from time to time, but it's not that serious.
Now, stuff I HAVE to have, I will make sure it happens one way or another. Concords, a handful of Kobes, Chlorophyll Trainer 1s, Radiant Red AM IIIs, black/red XI IE lows ... paying resale sucks, but I won't miss things like that. Multiple pairs of them, too. I doubt it will happen, but if I have to pay $300 a pop for those IEs in September, then that's what will happen. Only difference will be, I probably only get three instead of five :lol:

Buying sneakers is fast becoming a hobby for the wealthy and privileged, and a tax on the common man. Imo

Buying sneakers is fast becoming a hobby for the wealthy and privileged, and a tax on the common man. Imo

Isn’t that a good thing though? It means our shoes will hold value and there is more incentive for Nike/JB to have more overall releases in the futures once the market has shown upward growth. Look what happened to Reebok when people by and large stopped buying their shoes like they used to, Adidas had to straight up drop them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom