Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

BSTN was my go to whenever I did not hit a FNL raffle as it allowed me to avoid SNKRS. and pay a few dollars worst-case and save a few dollars best case from retail+WA tax, plus they shipped quick. It is too bad they've increased their use of raffles/EU only for pretty much the most sought after shoes as well as increased shipping for the stuff they will send to the U.S since their website redesign.

Isn’t that a good thing though? It means our shoes will hold value and there is more incentive for Nike/JB to have more overall releases in the futures once the market has grow . Look what happened to Reebok when people by and large stopped buying their shoes like they used to, Adidas had to straight up drop them.
No. I think what he meant was, now you have to plan on dropping at least $300 a pop on every release that's remotely worth a ****, which makes it just impossible for the majority of people to get what they want like they used to. I make a lot more than the national average, fortunately, and I can tell you right now I'm not buying anywhere near as much stuff at $300 every time versus paying retail.

the common man doesn't need multiple pairs of sneakers (let alone multiple pairs of the same shoe). this has always been a hobby of the privileged if not the wealthy.
Every person needs a hobby, or something that brings them joy in life. Sneakers are no exception.

Replace the word "sneakers" with any activity or hobby that isn't needed to survive...then imagine getting price gouged in order to indulge. Paying 100 bucks to go to a movie from a scalper in the parking lot, or 500 for your favorite book from a guy standing outside of borders. I guarantee your love for said activity or hobby would change for the worse.

Last edited:
Isn’t that a good thing though? It means our shoes will hold value and there is more incentive for Nike/JB to have more overall releases in the futures once the market has grow . Look what happened to Reebok when people by and large stopped buying their shoes like they used to, Adidas had to straight up drop them.
You/we pay extra for something others get for free or at msrp. Nothing good about that

No. I think what he meant was, now you have to plan on dropping at least $300 a pop on every release that's remotely worth a ****, which makes it just impossible for the majority of people to get what they want like they used to. I make a lot more than the national average, fortunately, and I can tell you right now I'm not buying anywhere near as much stuff at $300 every time versus paying retail.

Yeah so I’m not going to argue that everything selling out is good but instead my point was that you don’t want demand to straight up DIE (hence why I brought up the Reebok example). Maybe he wasn’t suggesting this, I was just pointing out the opposite of what he said was not a good outcome either.

Yeah so I’m not going to argue that everything selling out is good but instead my point was that you don’t want demand to straight up DIE (hence why I brought up the Reebok example). Maybe he wasn’t suggesting this, I was just pointing out the opposite of what he said was not a good outcome either.
I get it. But just because I was making my point doesn't necessarily mean that the inverse to it isn't true, at least in part, as well.

Every person needs a hobby, or something that brings them joy in life. Sneakers are no exception.

Replace the word "sneakers" with any activity or hobby that isn't needed to survive...then imagine getting price gouged in order to indulge. Paying 100 bucks to go to a movie, or 500 for your favorite book. I guarantee your love for said activity or hobby would change for the worse.

I mean there are tons of other hobbies besides sneakers, I assume most if not all NTers have them. Honestly, the irony of what you say is that everyone ITT will complain about this and go ahead and hand over their money to Nike/JB on release day. This is ironic since Nike/JB are REALLY the ones to blame for not producing enough pairs to meet demand (and ruining many of the ones that would help meet it).

If you REALLY want things to change you have to speak with your wallet. Collectively, I just don’t think enough people care to stop buying kicks because of this though, at least not on NT lol

I mean there are tons of other hobbies besides sneakers, I assume most if not all NTers have them. Honestly, the irony of what you say is that everyone ITT will complain about this and go ahead and hand over their money to Nike/JB on release day. This is ironic since Nike/JB are REALLY the ones to blame for not producing enough pairs to meet demand (and ruining many of the ones that would help meet it).

If you REALLY want things to change you have to speak with your wallet. Collectively, I just don’t think enough people care to stop buying kicks because of this though, at least not on NT lol
I agree with you 100%

I just don't see how what you say relates to my initial statement.

State of the culture currently suggests that in order to get your favorite sneakers, you must have connections, be willing to pay a tax, or be extremely lucky.

All of what you said is true, however my initial statement wasn't made to place blame or state what needs to be done to change things...those are different conversations altogether.

Respectfully

Last edited:
BSTN was my go to whenever I did not hit a FNL raffle as it allowed me to avoid SNKRS. and pay a few dollars worst-case and save a few dollars best case from retail+WA tax, plus they shipped quick. It is too bad they've increased their use of raffles/EU only for pretty much the most sought after shoes as well as increased shipping for the stuff they will send to the U.S since their website redesign.
They were my go to as well. Soon as I seen the raffle instead of the typical release, I was ticked

rainking rainking What size are you, OG?

ozboi ozboi I’ll wear black infrareds to pick up my first pair. Might throw them on immediately to pick up the second.

Sz 11. Just lost on END, as expected. 0 for 6 now LOL. Only SNKRS left, and we know how that's about to go.

We don't want demand to die, we just want supply to come somewhere near meeting it. (And I mean the royal we, as in all of us who are actual shoe nuts and not resellers and hypebeasts.) Everything was, for me, pretty well balanced the past few years until 2020. Some stuff required solid effort, some stuff was available for a few days after releases, but if you tried even reasonably to score most retros, it was mostly a walk in the park. Now EVERYTHING is a ****show again. It's just exhausting and sucks a lot of the fun out of it.

This pink midsole issue killed my excitement for the shoe. With things looking limited it seems like a lot of hassle for something that might come in (or later turn) defected. :smh:

have you guys seen how many pairs of carmines have been sold in the past 3 days on stockx and how many are currently for sale?

they made a **** load of these but you know where most go nowadays

and they removed the disclaimer about the pink midsoles.

Sz 11. Just lost on END, as expected. 0 for 6 now LOL. Only SNKRS left, and we know how that's about to go.

We don't want demand to die, we just want supply to come somewhere near meeting it. (And I mean the royal we, as in all of us who are actual shoe nuts and not resellers and hypebeasts.) Everything was, for me, pretty well balanced the past few years until 2020. Some stuff required solid effort, some stuff was available for a few days after releases, but if you tried even reasonably to score most retros, it was mostly a walk in the park. Now EVERYTHING is a ****show again. It's just exhausting and sucks a lot of the fun out of it.
Remember back in May of 2019 when the Black/Cement 4 came back. SNKRS kept restocking through the morning? Hell, I went on at noon from the gym to see if they completely sold out and grabbed another size 14. And still had time to alert a friend that they had size 11! And he was able to cop. GRs should be like that.

Remember back in May of 2019 when the Black/Cement 4 came back. SNKRS kept restocking through the morning? Hell, I went on at noon from the gym to see if they completely sold out and grabbed another size 14. And still had time to alert a friend that they had size 11! And he was able to cop. GRs should be like that.
Exactly. I hit on the shock drop AND release-day drop for those on SNKRS. Now? I wouldn't get one pair. I'm still shocked I hit on FTL FLX for the Fire Red IVs in November. Only win since the Fire Red Vs last May, which also were easy. Those Vs were the last release before everything went nutso, at least from where I sit and the types of shoes I go after. Got two pairs without breaking a sweat.

Ok......but seriously, how are they sold out? This happened with the Kobe Questions too.
I seriously don’t know. The product page on Eastbay is showing no Size 14, 15, or 17...like not x’d out, not even there. champs shows them being sold out too. I’m not looking forward to this morning. These aren’t OG 1s and these aren’t 11s. It shouldn’t feel like they are. People that are a lot better than me at copping **** are worried about their chances and I’ve been salivating over these since the announcement so I feel a little shook.

LETS GOOOO
31AA86F8-75F4-4BC6-AC45-2EF97D48CFC2.png

rainking rainking If you or any other SoCal NTer lives near Venice Beach, SneakersNStuff are doing FCFS.

Attachments

• DCA0943F-8549-4EDD-9926-A09CF08B3D52.jpeg
    DCA0943F-8549-4EDD-9926-A09CF08B3D52.jpeg
    253.3 KB · Views: 579
rainking rainking If you or any other SoCal NTer lives near Venice Beach, SneakersNStuff are doing FCFS.
Dang, thanks for the info. I could get there ... but I don't know what time they open and I stay pretty locked down due to the pandemic. Not looking to stand in a line with other people out here. But big thanks again, man.

Back
Top Bottom