Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

no they are saying the shoes that I bought on ebay were customized by the seller in some way and they failed authenticity but they shipped them to me anyways. I wont know whats been customized until they are delivered to me.

the original listing doesnt say anything about the shoes being customized yet the authenticator marked them as customized but still shipped them to me.

the customer rep said even if a shoe fails authenticity check it will still ship it just wont ship with authenticity tag and it wont be deemed authentic

which contradicts the whole point of authenticators and the whole ****ing system if they are going to let non authentic shoes through.

From their reply, I gathered that they still deemed them authentic but did not provide the ebay tags because it was customized/changed somehow. So still authentic but they won't put their stamp on it. This only slightly makes sense because they only authenticate a shoe if its DS.

I still think its straight up ridiculous that they shipped them to you. Especially when they made it a point to tell you there was an issue.

no they are saying the shoes that I bought on ebay were customized by the seller in some way and they failed authenticity but they shipped them to me anyways. I wont know whats been customized until they are delivered to me.

the original listing doesnt say anything about the shoes being customized yet the authenticator marked them as customized but still shipped them to me.

the customer rep said even if a shoe fails authenticity check it will still ship it just wont ship with authenticity tag and it wont be deemed authentic

which contradicts the whole point of authenticators and the whole ****ing system if they are going to let non authentic shoes through.

So basically they’re saying enjoy your fake or ruined kicks, but feel free to return them

Wait. What the ****? Less than zero sense :rofl:

This peek V is the only major flaw my pair came with. Sucks but I expect nothing less from Jb lol. Btw I love how deep the U is on the left pair reminds me of the OG's and the 7s.
20210302_165803.jpg
Great looking pair. All in all I'm glad to have these in the collection with NA. This is my 4th fav shoe ever. It's been a crazy release, one we will talk about for years but I was lucky to get two pretty solid pairs.

The problem is they have some outside company doing the authentication process and it seems like communication between them and eBay is a little poor unfortunately

Want to be like Mike?
You got to lace them like Mike!
'21 retros have one lace hole less than the og's, same as with the Infrareds.
*Note that he uses the extra wide lace hole in the red triangle - that's worth a few extra ppg :wink:

jordan_carmine2.jpg
carmine1.jpeg
carmine2.jpeg

yes and ive read its a pain in the *** to return because the authenticators will straight send your shoes back to you no matter what
That's easy. Dispute the charge with your credit card company. Tell it you were sent counterfeit merchandise. When eBay protests, you have the smoking gun to argue back to your CC company: if they were real, they would've come with an "authentic" tag, but they didn't.

I don't see how eBay can have it both ways, and I don't get it's logic: If it believes some shoes were customized but are real, and that's why it sent you the pair anyway, what does a cusomization have to do with authenticity? Nothing. So the pair should've received the tag. If the whole point is to verify authenticity, then pairs that come without the tag must be fake. And eBay is violating its own policy in knowingly assisting in the commerce of counterfeit goods.

In reality, I suppose I can predict its argument: We don't want to authenticate modified pairs because we want to be transparent that the shoes did not come like that from the factory. But the logic is weak. Put the authentic tag on them and then also include a form that notes the customization but still certifies the shoes as real. The way it seems to be doing it, I would be confident in getting that charge cleared from my card. Can you imagine someone at eBay trying to explain this pedantic sneaker **** to the case investigator from a credit card company, and the investigator saying, oh right on, you are totally correct, I get it? LOL

Want to be like Mike?
You got to lace them like Mike!
'21 retros have one lace hole less than the og's, same as with the Infrareds.
*Note that he uses the extra wide lace hole in the red triangle - that's worth a few extra ppg :wink:

jordan_carmine2.jpg
carmine1.jpeg
carmine2.jpeg
Huh? What lace hole is missing on the retros? I count eight on retros, eight on OGs. Maybe I've gone blind again.

yes and ive read its a pain in the *** to return because the authenticators will straight send your shoes back to you no matter what
Then they going to have the nerve to charge people later. It's 1 way to get around from that authentication crap people might have to list there shoes as pre owed to avoid fees cause authentication is free for a limited time

8 on og, 7 on retro
lf.jpeg
Mike had 9...

30ECE9CC-067F-4992-B8B4-55F7BE74A9F1.jpeg
570712B2-3138-4949-B8FF-BC69ACF0D810.jpeg
yeh those above are game worn.
im not counting the 2 for same spot, but yes, technically 9.

I see. From the original comment about the extra-wide lace hole in "the triangle," I thought you were saying the extra hole there wasn't present on the retros, or something. MJ's pairs appear to be PEs; my recollection of my OGs and every photo I see of OG pairs only have two holes where his have three. Good eyes, I never looked close enough to notice that before. Granted, I only did a quick search just now, but the original retail pairs appear to have only two holes in that spot, so the retros are correct. This looks like one of those personal changes he got, similar to the offset outsole toe cap on his XIs, or Pip's Zoom version of the Pippen 1. From a looks standpoint, two look better than three. Tell ya what, though ... a retro Pippen 1 black/white/red pair with the Zoom midsoles would have me buying three pairs.

Back
Top Bottom