Air Jordan 6 retro “Carmine” - Nike Air - February 13, 2021

Finally received my pair from the eBay authentication process. Feel so dirty having to pay a little resell.

3DB8FC4B-04B1-4093-A94E-C78E59930C37.jpeg
Ey brother that pair looks well worth it.

If it’s a shoe I really want I’d gladly pay the extra $10. I look at what I’d pay on SX or even GOAT and go
From there. Hell, best price he’s gonna find is maybe $250 anyway. Can’t believe someone would let $10 stop them from owning a pair of shoes they actually want but to each their own I guess.

This will be the first shoe, if I cave to ever pay resell. I follow strick rules when it comes to that...you keep feeding them, they will continue to beat you to the table.

Figured I post this here with all the reseller talk

Game was rigged from the start

Posted this in the Griffey thread as well, but for people who don't hit that thread:

The headline and meat of that story is the sexy thing getting attention--his mom having to resign--but if you haven't, read the the Bloomberg story that caused it. It's actually far more educational and, frankly, fascinating in terms of how someone can make serious money investing in bots, hitting the road to scoop up loads of discounted sneakers, etc. The thing I noted more than the profit we all know is there to be made on hyped and limited releases is, the money to be made on "bricks." I have no doubt the majority of sales these big-time pro resellers complete are indeed yielding closer to a 10-20 percent profit, as the kid says. It also explains, at least a little, something we all comment on here: why bother reselling to make $20 on a pair. But if it's a "power seller" moving those shoes, it's just another $20 to throw onto the overall pile.

(Don't mind the link description below about "are you a robot," I believe it should still work. If not, the link to it is embedded in the Hypebeast story about his mom resigning, which can be read here: https://hypebeast.com/2021/3/nike-vp-ann-hebert-son-reseller-resignation)

eBay ain’t ready to be real player in this authenticity game.
I dont like the fact ebay blocks communication from the seller with this new authenticity policy in place. Like I mentioned earlier, I tried to cancel my Ebay order once I realized FTL had then late on the same day of release. I called Ebay 3 times and twice they kept telling me they cancelled it. I called that 3 time and spoke with a lady and she said nothing was cancelled and switched me over to speak with someone from the authenticity team. The guy then told me theres no way for them to cancel without me actually talking to the buyer....sigh.

In a nutshell, I ended up communicating with seller only to find out they lost their job. They bought the shoes on Saturday and lost their job on Monday. I fussed out those Ebay reps to end up hearing this bad news.... The seller kept apologizing about not being able to refund me.. Said they had a son to care for also...:emoji_disappointed:

Anyone else get a pair of Carmines off Nike and they literally never shipped? Got a shipping notif from Nike and tracking said UPS had a label but hasn’t received the item yet. Now they’re refunding me and didn’t give me a reason why it happened. Just that since it didn’t ship yet they’re refunding me.

he said “I know I’m sorry, I can tell leadership about this and process your refund”

lol even when I hit on Nike I lose
B7DA8820-088D-42B7-907F-AE5066C7291A.png 8E8E7685-F15A-4D5F-A004-FC76ADC3A6FD.jpeg

Anyone else get a pair of Carmines off Nike and they literally never shipped? Got a shipping notif from Nike and tracking said UPS had a label but hasn’t received the item yet. Now they’re refunding me and didn’t give me a reason why it happened. Just that since it didn’t ship yet they’re refunding me.

he said “I know I’m sorry, I can tell leadership about this and process your refund”

lol even when I hit on Nike I lose
B7DA8820-088D-42B7-907F-AE5066C7291A.png 8E8E7685-F15A-4D5F-A004-FC76ADC3A6FD.jpeg

F

Back
Top Bottom