What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
I don't think anyone should be worried paint cracking anymore. JB seems to have fixed that issue at least

Sadly my "remastered" laser 4s are cracking. Not immediately, but after a couple dozen wears. No others since then have though, fortunately...at least not yet.

This right here, Black Red Cement IV's are my Grail, my first Jordan in 89 although the first pair I saw in High School was this dude in White Cement 3's. I saw him in the hall almost the same time everyday. As soon as I caught a glimpse of them somehow it made my day better. So for my 15th birthday I pooled my birthday money and got the IV's. They were the most beautiful shoe, I have ever seen, and I still have not seen anything come close, maybe the 99 IV's but that's it. In for 5 pair when they come out with NA on them. I will never be without that shoe again

Similar for me, except I always thought the 3s looked plain and boring ;-). Wanted the black and cement 4s so badly, however, they were out of my size. Back then I didn't drive around town looking for sizes either. So got the WC4 and always envied those with the black and cement. Such a beautiful silhouette! I wanted the black so badly I actually died my WC4s all black; ruined them....SMH....moved onto the metallic 5s shortly thereafter. BTW...is there a black and cement 4 thread that's recent?

Sadly my "remastered" laser 4s are cracking. Not immediately, but after a couple dozen wears. No others since then have though, fortunately...at least not yet.
What year did they release

Do you know, do you know, do you know.. how many times they messed up this release? :lol:

That's what I gathered after catching up in this thread. The shoe is exactly the crap I expected so I'm satisfied. 1 pair only too.. all the "76 pairs minimum" talk doesnt make sense but its your money. I have way too many kicks already... I can barely wear anything, more than 1 pair will likely result in a crumble fest by the time I can wear the doubles.

They were one of the first in the series of 2015 remastered series. After the Oreo 4s, Columbias, and Teal 4s I believe.
Hmm are you rough on your shoes my 2016s wc haven’t cracked or chipped yet as far as paint and I wore them atlease a dozen times by now

Man paint cracks for various reasons but mainly because of sole flex. So big dudes should expect the paint to crack easily. Also don't buy a 3 that already has pores ( the little small holes on the soles) That's the first stage of crumbling. TB3s came out the box with pores last year!!!! So your 3 might not crack today or even 3 years from now but eventually that paint will start cracking. Gotta wear them. This isn't the shoe to put on ice for long periods of time.

So I buy my 3s in a size 10 when I'm mostly a 9.5 in Js. Having the bigger shoe helps distribute my weight more to stop sole flex. Plus last year's mold was much more narrow IMO. On the flip side I wear my fire red 3 size 9.5 maybe once a year and they have never cracked vs my 2011 WC3 and the last BC3 cracks in different spots after a handful or places every time. This applies to 4s too. It kinda varies per colorway as well

Hmm are you rough on your shoes my 2016s wc haven’t cracked or chipped yet as far as paint and I wore them atlease a dozen times by now

Nope...I'm overly careful with my shoes; I have shoes 3-5 years old that I wear when I can that look DS (other than the outsole of course). My WC4s look DS, even though I've worn them a few dozen times (no after wear cleaning); no cracks either. No cracks on my Oreos, Teals, Motorsports, Alternate MS either. Only my pre-remastered 2013 FR3s are starting to show some stress lines, but I wear those as beaters around my kids...heh. They still look better than the midsole of my laser 4s. Oh well. Just going to enjoy them until they get so bad I can't stand looking at them; they're only 15% on the way there at this point.

I'll try to get these BC3s, but won't get frantic like I did with the WC4s....just had to have those! The BC4s are also more important to me, though I expect those will be even more limited by the time they come out. Would like to have these 3s though; hopefully I'll just get a reservation...heh.

With the NBA being in full swing, and all this talk of the different WC Jordans, I'm seriously thinking of finding and copping a pair of the WC 3's ('88's). Passed on them when they dropped in 2013 since the WC 4's have always been a little more dope to me. But the significance of that shoe, and the fact that that's the shoe MJ wore when he flew from the free throw line here in Seattle in '87 (RIP my Supersonics), I feel like I might go get them.

With the NBA being in full swing, and all this talk of the different WC Jordans, I'm seriously thinking of finding and copping a pair of the WC 3's ('88's). Passed on them when they dropped in 2013 since the WC 4's have always been a little more dope to me. But the significance of that shoe, and the fact that that's the shoe MJ wore when he flew from the free throw line here in Seattle in '87 (RIP my Supersonics), I feel like I might go get them.

I have 2011 WC3 that I plan to convert to 88 via tab replacement. 88 prices are extreme right now. I can't pay $450 to $500 for a shoe that might drop this year...or the next!

But man I want a fresh pair bad! I was just looking at StockX for them last night too smh. WC3 just goes so well with so many jeans. Classic shoe

Man paint cracks for various reasons but mainly because of sole flex. So big dudes should expect the paint to crack easily. Also don't buy a 3 that already has pores ( the little small holes on the soles) That's the first stage of crumbling. TB3s came out the box with pores last year!!!! So your 3 might not crack today or even 3 years from now but eventually that paint will start cracking. Gotta wear them. This isn't the shoe to put on ice for long periods of time.

So I buy my 3s in a size 10 when I'm mostly a 9.5 in Js. Having the bigger shoe helps distribute my weight more to stop sole flex. Plus last year's mold was much more narrow IMO. On the flip side I wear my fire red 3 size 9.5 maybe once a year and they have never cracked vs my 2011 WC3 and the last BC3 cracks in different spots after a handful or places every time. This applies to 4s too. It kinda varies per colorway as well
As long as its not the first year or so of having the shoe I don’t mind it cracking or deteriorate 5-10 years of having them

No doubt my FR3s have stress lines b/c when around kids I'm constantly crouching, which I avoid like the plague with my shoes; that's why I don't worry about those and consider them beaters, even though, relatively speaking, they're in great condition, and most would view them as DS at a glance.

No doubt my FR3s have stress lines b/c when around kids I'm constantly crouching, which I avoid like the plague with my shoes; that's why I don't worry about those and consider them beaters, even though, relatively speaking, they're in great condition, and most would view them as DS at a glance.

No way in hell I will crouch or extremely flex my toe in a 3....shiiiid I got on TB3 right now!:rofl::rofl::rofl:And light wash, tapered jeans only...I can't stand that jean dye on the white tabs.

If they crack so much then buying multiple pairs is pointless
I wouldn’t necessarily say that if you really like the shoe buy as many pairs as you like. you get a pair that won’t paint chip years to come or you may get a pair that paint chips in the first 5 wears that’s just JB qc for you

Don't you mean 1988 in Chicago?

Imo some aj or Nike clothing is cool if its basic/simple, not too much graphics too many texts or big fonts or oversized swoosh or jumpman.

Definitely ain't catching me with a Jordan hat, j shirt, j shorts, socks with the sneakers . The sneakers do the talking

Back
Top Bottom