What’s the sizing?

• 1/2 Size Big (buy a half size down)

Votes: 57 8.4%
  • True to Size (buy your true size)

Votes: 551 80.9%
  • 1/2 Size Small (buy a half size up)

Votes: 73 10.7%

• Total voters
I had the OG grape 5s in junior high and never saw anyone wear them either. They were the left over colorway because everyone liked the metallic 5s better.
I would assume a lot people wouldn’t go for CWs like grapes, true blue, September blue, military etc back then because Jordan did wear them for ads but not as much as the Chicago Bulls CWs he wore in games

Just an FYI to be careful where you purchase because people realllly think they can tell the differences between UA and Authentic..."I got them in, matched them up with my NDC pair, and they're gucci" type talk...

UA companies have high distributions, Great/Personal Quality Control, and feed plenty of these new "boutiques". The QC is putting them ABOVE your best pair. They often reach out directly to consumers for feedback on how to improve their next batches! Nike doesn't even do that!

Last edited:
I wonder if dudes cop authentic pairs and UA pairs, switch them out and return them to retailers? :emoji_thinking:

Then you might order from FNL or FTL and get a bad pair.

Last edited:
I wonder if dudes cop authentic pairs and UA pairs, switch them out and return them to retailers? :emoji_thinking:

The you might order from FNL or FTL and get a bad pair.

always thought about that, would take a lot of time and money since would require you to order from china ahead of time and spend money and hope to grab online etc etc

fake aren't even that cheap, the one ones anyways so you're doing all that to save 50-60 bucks.

The you might order from FNL or FTL and get a bad pair.

THEY ABSOLUTELY DO!!! Store employees can more than likely spot a cheap fake, but UA, not happening! Most stores have just avoided taking returns in general of these types of releases, and direct you to another store or return via mail. Of course, it's not customer service, but they do!

Just an FYI to be careful where you purchase because people realllly think they can tell the differences between UA and Authentic..."I got them in, matched them up with my NDC pair, and their gucci" type talk...

UA companies have high distributions, Great/Personal Quality Control, and feed plenty of these new "boutiques". The QC is putting them ABOVE your best pair.

Is that Ludas voice in the video?

Just an FYI to be careful where you purchase because people realllly think they can tell the differences between UA and Authentic..."I got them in, matched them up with my NDC pair, and their gucci" type talk...

UA companies have high distributions, Great/Personal Quality Control, and feed plenty of these new "boutiques". The QC is putting them ABOVE your best pair.

The dead give away I ALWAYS chuckle at without having to look at a shoe too long to know it’s UA is

the lace job is never right. Notice how the UA’s (and this goes for a good 80-90% of UA’s), lace job is OVER the loop, not under.

But that can be fixed of course. It’s just easy to tell when the shoe is fresh out the box/factory laced up etc

THEY ABSOLUTELY DO!!! Store employees can more than likely spot a cheap fake, but UA, not happening! Most stores have just avoided taking returns in general of these types of releases, and direct you to another store or return via mail. Of course, it's not customer service, but they do!

alotta employees wont be able to spot a cheap fake. its a combo of them not being educated enough and simply not caring. alotta them not really shoe enthusiasts. its just a job and paycheck to them and they dont really care. ive returned kicks where the employee just glanced at the sole real quick on only 1 sneaker and gave me a refund quick. didnt even check to see if its the right size etc.

The dead give away I ALWAYS chuckle at without having to look at a shoe too long to know it’s UA is

the lace job is never right. Notice how the UA’s (and this goes for a good 80-90% of UA’s), lace job is OVER the loop, not under.

But that can be fixed of course. It’s just easy to tell when the shoe is fresh out the box/factory laced up etc

With that statement alone, they're correcting that issue lol!!

These were an easy cop... no excuse for anyone to have a fake pair at all.

JB's new strategy going forward seems to be make plenty of what they know will (eventually) sell out (i.e. OG NA color ways) while also doing super limited drops on more novel or obscure color ways (Tinkers, JTH, etc.). Good way to keep interest in the brand while also feeding the hype beasts. Wouldn't be at all surprised if we get WC3s again before the end of the year.

I for one am glad... those Tinkers, FT3s, JTH are all OK color ways but if they were mass produced GRs I doubt they'd sell out PLUS they all still got nothing on the BC3. I really have no reason to cop anymore shoes for the next few years until they eventually re-retro these again in a few years.

With that statement alone, they're correcting that issue lol!!

I know, which is why I’m always torn on people calling out the UA issues (though it’s a necessary evil), but all it does is show the UA factories what to fix. Yeezys are 1:1 replicas at this point.

Then you might order from FNL or FTL and get a bad pair.

I know people used to do that at best buy with beats headphones

i didnt unds mines yet but i kinda want to wear these as a beater pair everyday to work... i wear wallabees at work that i change into but use sneakers on my way to work and going home... i dont know if i want to disrespect these by beating them up and wearing everyday :lol:

Ok so maybe I’m NOT crazy/old dude who doesn’t know the sneaker game anymore ...
I was on here yesterday and all these dudes were “debating” me because I said I would only buy from authorized dealers and none of these over seas boutiques for this exact reason- you don’t know where they got their pairs come from. But NDC, FNL etc you know for sure they’re 100% authentic. And if they’re messed up send them back for feee, refund in 5 days....i don’t think those overseas boutiques will take anything back and if they do it’ll cost you $50 shipping.
Why take the chance especially on a GR that’s gonna be so plentiful but that’s another story...
These guys thought I was crazy for still thinking like that- it’s how its been for me for the last 15 years. Boutiques get their stuff from some roundabout source and can’t be trusted is my final thought ....maybe I’m wrong? Those dudes in here definitely thought I was way wrong.
Bro most of the retailers you mentioned yestersay were 10000000000000% legit. Idk why you keep beating a dead *** horse.

Bro most of the retailers you mentioned yestersay were 10000000000000% legit. Idk why you keep beating a dead *** horse.
Not beating a dead horse this guy i quoted mentioned the boutiques. Second time I’m bringing it up because this dude mentionin g it too makes it relevant to the discussion again. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t the only one out here still staying away from in-authorized boutiques. Thanks tho

Not beating a dead horse this guy i quoted mentioned the boutiques. Second time I’m bringing it up because this dude mentionin g it too makes it relevant to the discussion again. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t the only one out here still staying away from in-authorized boutiques. Thanks tho
This isn't anything new to us tho. We know good UA pairs exist.

Wore mine yesterday to see black panther. First pair of 3's and I was surprised by how comfortable they were lol.

You the one ms painting my post dude - I’ll report you again ...
tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom