Air Jordan III - WHITE/CEMENT GREY/BLACK/FIRE RED - 136064-105 - SPRING 2011

IMO, $150 seems reasonable for the Cement IIIs. Yeah, there are some questionable material used by JB on certain retros (nubuck bred XIIs, ugly 3m tongue on the Altitudes, etc), but for the most part they at least try on the most sought after shoes. We here on NT are in the minority when it comes to spotting bad quality Js, and we know when to say no. If only everyone who bought Js were all NT'ers...

Originally Posted by PTone

Originally Posted by Tawdae804

I got these off of slamdunkspace and have worn them about 10 times.
When I first got them they didn't feel right, but after the first wear they felt perfect 
pimp.gif
, and the tongue loosens up after the first wear for the people that tuck like me
No cracking so far and I put a lot of miles on them.

So if those are like these then the quality is dope
pimp.gif

My cement print looks funny though
eyes.gif

How long did it take you to receive them from moment of payment?
6 or 7 days

Originally Posted by Mr718

Originally Posted by moneymike88

Mr718 wrote:
Nikekidwonder wrote:
Don't listen to the dudes that cop because the bottom line is there going to be bias

Of course their going to say these have good quality to justify their purchase

I went to my local spot to get another look at these and the quality is no were near on point like the 03's so i don't know what that dude Mr.718 is talking about

And yes inflation does happen but it still shouldn't be that high how you go from $125 to $150 smh JB package these in the OG box just to pursed people to buy these because they know people would hesitate when they saw the price

To all those on the fence i think these are a waste of bread because of crap quality plus the paint is going to chip after a few weeks of wearing it

Thats my honest opinion of these but if you still want to cop thats cool good luck getting your pair these shouldn't be a problem to cop on release date

Your seriously saying its outrageous to have a $25 increase on an imported product after 8 4 years?  You must be kidding me.  I'm sure there's some extra bread that goes into the company's pocket, however, we need to realize times have changed.  I really have no need to justify my purchase to anyone.  Its not like I ordered them online and are stuck with something I don't want.  I went into the store, saw them, tried them on, and paid.  I completely content with my purchase.   And I find it sort of funny that for someone who's against this release, 8 out of 10 of your last post are in this thread
laugh.gif
.  Bottom line, if you don't like them, keep it moving.  Why waste time typing your life away complaining a bashing the way other people spend their money? 
ohwell.gif
$125.00 in 2007 had the same buying power as $133.76 in 2010. Annual inflation over this period was 2.28%

http://www.dollartimes.com/calculators/inflation.htm

Keep in mind that we're in a new year so 2011 has not been factored in yet. Basic math. 3 years yielded 8 dollars of inflation, 8/3, add $2.60 for 1 more year, $136.36

The price is not justified, at all.

So if I understand you correctly, what your saying is since 2007 there has been no increase in shipping, import taxes, or gas?  How you think they're getting to your Foot Locker?
laugh.gif
  Inflation isn't the only thing to take into consideration.  Gas is the reason milk cost more nowadays.  Walk into your local Walmart with an argument for the manager like, "Why is it that the price of the milk keeps going up and we don't get better quality???" 
roll.gif
Let's see how far that gets you.  Some of you act like Jordans are the only thing in this world that increases in price.  Guess what... If you can't afford them, than don't buy it!  It's very possible that the price will stay at $150 for the next several years before another price increase.  It's possible that we're paying $25 for a box, tag, and keychain. It's possible that Michael Jordan is a greedy SOB and he need some extra money to lure Carmelo Anthony to come play for the Bobcats next season
laugh.gif
.  We don't know.  But, if an extra $25 is gonna cause your electricity to get turned off this month, steer clear of this shoe.  Besides... Most of the people complaining will cop anyway
ohwell.gif

1f8up0.jpg

I wont bother reading the rest.

There has been no drastic change in shipping costs and the national average gas price for 2007 was LOWER than it is now.

http://zfacts.com/p/35.html

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Don't listen to the dudes that cop because the bottom line is there going to be bias

I went to my local spot to get another look at these and the quality is no were near on point like the 03's so i don't know what that dude Mr.718 is talking about

And yes inflation does happen but it still shouldn't be that high how you go from $125 to $150 smh JB package these in the OG box just to pursed people to buy these because they know people would hesitate when they saw the price

To all those on the fence i think these are a waste of bread because of crap quality plus the paint is going to chip after a few weeks of wearing it

Thats my honest opinion of these but if you still want to cop thats cool good luck getting your pair these shouldn't be a problem to cop on release date

Your seriously saying its outrageous to have a $25 increase on an imported product after 8 4 years?  You must be kidding me.  I'm sure there's some extra bread that goes into the company's pocket, however, we need to realize times have changed.  I really have no need to justify my purchase to anyone.  Its not like I ordered them online and are stuck with something I don't want.  I went into the store, saw them, tried them on, and paid.  I completely content with my purchase.   And I find it sort of funny that for someone who's against this release, 8 out of 10 of your last post are in this thread
laugh.gif
.  Bottom line, if you don't like them, keep it moving.  Why waste time typing your life away complaining a bashing the way other people spend their money? 
ohwell.gif
$125.00 in 2007 had the same buying power as $133.76 in 2010. Annual inflation over this period was 2.28%

Keep in mind that we're in a new year so 2011 has not been factored in yet. Basic math. 3 years yielded 8 dollars of inflation, 8/3, add $2.60 for 1 more year, $136.36

So if I understand you correctly, what your saying is since 2007 there has been no increase in shipping, import taxes, or gas?  How you think they're getting to your Foot Locker?
laugh.gif
  Inflation isn't the only thing to take into consideration.  Gas is the reason milk cost more nowadays.  Walk into your local Walmart with an argument for the manager like, "Why is it that the price of the milk keeps going up and we don't get better quality???" 
roll.gif
Let's see how far that gets you.  Some of you act like Jordans are the only thing in this world that increases in price.  Guess what... If you can't afford them, than don't buy it!  It's very possible that the price will stay at $150 for the next several years before another price increase.  It's possible that we're paying $25 for a box, tag, and keychain. It's possible that Michael Jordan is a greedy SOB and he need some extra money to lure Carmelo Anthony to come play for the Bobcats next season
laugh.gif
.  We don't know.  But, if an extra $25 is gonna cause your electricity to get turned off this month, steer clear of this shoe.  Besides... Most of the people complaining will cop anyway
ohwell.gif
1f8up0.jpg

There has been no drastic change in shipping costs and the national average gas price for 2007 was LOWER than it is now.

Didn't read either but was appeared funny as hell
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ok, I think it's pretty obvious that JB isn't raising the prices SOLELY based on inflation/rising costs of production.

They want money, and they see that they can get a little extra.  Plain and simple.

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Point proven.

Originally Posted by penny4prezident

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Thread Derail.

Let's talk about these shoes, not inflation, not prices of gas etc...

This thread is exactly where it needs to be.

OK troll..
eyes.gif

Local HOH has around 150 pairs of these. They are a GR. Even the stores that don't get a lot of J's are getting around 18 pairs. Should be an easy cop for everyone. Just don't sleep past Release weekend. They won't sit...

Originally Posted by penny4prezident

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Thread Derail.

Let's talk about these shoes, not inflation, not prices of gas etc...

This thread is exactly where it needs to be.

I wish it was without you in it though.  
Mods, please make it happen... 

Sorry to say but im going to have to pass these as well. Even with a swoosh account. im still passing.

gotta admist i do like the box just not the way the shoes are looking so far.

*gets the itch to start colecting OGs*

I plan to get to the store when the mall opens walk in purchase....and walk out

I don't feel like reading through all the oil prices arguements

How do they fit????

I have Cool Grey 3s and Do the Right Thing 3s in an 11. Fit perfect. Any help is appreciated.

Originally Posted by sportz4life10

how much do they cost with a swoosh account?

Originally Posted by MALCALA622

Sorry to say but im going to have to pass these as well. Even with a swoosh account. im still passing.

How about you hook me up with a pair off Swoosh than hehehe.

According to an earlier post and Nike's Twitter, they said that the 3's won't be available on Swoosh.

Of course, they also posted FSR of Jordan 20 QS, so they've definitely been wrong before.

Pics keep looking good, still copping 2 pairs, people keep on hateing for no reason, there gonna be mad at themselves for passing. Just look at the people in the white/red XIII theard that regret not copping and looking every where to cop.

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

Originally Posted by sportz4life10

how much do they cost with a swoosh account?

Originally Posted by MALCALA622

How about you hook me up with a pair off Swoosh than hehehe.

According to an earlier post and Nike's Twitter, they said that the 3's won't be available on Swoosh.

Of course, they also posted FSR of Jordan 20 QS, so they've definitely been wrong before.

Lies!!If they're not on swoosh then they won't be on NDC. They are the same site! Swoosh members just see the discounted price.The better questions is will they be discounted or not?

Back
Top Bottom