Air Jordan III - WHITE/CEMENT GREY/BLACK/FIRE RED - 136064-105 - SPRING 2011

^^^Why did you say '03 version? I see your sig... They should bring back the '88 version.... So much better than anything EVER re-released........ They can put it in a special box and charge $500.... Trust me... it'll be sold out. The Nike Air corinthian leather version...... That will make up for all the crap they've been releasing lately

I need a pair of Cements. The only IIIs I got are the Mochas. It sucks how its right between other hot shoes like XIIIs and Cool Grey XIs. Probably going to get these and the playoffs or Bordeauxs.

Yes copped
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

First Jordan I copped seriously on my own without the help of my mom. Up until this point i really only got a couple of pairs of basketball sneakers a year to play in and usually they were a good quality Nike with good ankle support. I always went into to all the shoe stores in the mall like footlocker to look at all the shoes but I was not a collector yet however I knew my stuff and when I saw these in 03 on display early at a footlocker on top of the thing at the register that shows the price when you ring it up, instantly the image of Jordan dunking from the free throw line came into my head and I knew that moment I had to be there early when they dropped to get my pair. That is when my Jordan collection started. I will always associate the image of jJordan dunking from the free throw line in the dunk contest with these shoes. There is so much hype around Jordan xi's, but I think it is a little under rated how popular the iii's are especially the white cement and how people feel about them. People who know nothing about kicks know these shoes because of the image they have in their head of him wearing them in the dunk contest and him flying to the rim from the free throw line.. On top of all this they are one of the best shoes for casual wear too. When I wear my beat 03's I feel like I can jump a little higher and hang in the air a little longer.

EdhardyBball...

These must be special to you cuz they were released the year you were born... right?

Good stuff Wooddruff.

My 03 white cements, didnt start cracking until about a year and 50+ or so wears ,in rain and snowy weather. Finally the stitching broke at the toe in 07 after I passed them on to my boy who started to ball hard in them in 06. The leather held up really well though. Ended up selling them for some stupid reason for 35 bucks to someone in Boston who was going to restore them. By this time they were beaten to the point of the whole at the toe and about 5 years of use between me and my boy. These shoes are so hot and such a neck breaker that my boy balled hard in them for a couple years even after i beat them up bad. Couldnt believe someone would pay 35 bucks for something with a whole cracking stains skuffs, no stars left on the sole, but i did put the 35 towards a pair of viii playooffs that i was able to get for retail at this time. Need to cop so bad when these come out my all time favorites. These shoes are the reason why Jordan Brand is what it was. If these shoes were never designed and put out Jordan Brand would never become what it did.

I jus recently heard that the liner behind the tongue will either WHITE or BLACK. It will not be red like the OGs and retros. I heard that will be the difference/discrepancy. Take it for what it's worth.

^^^ If thats true no biggie, I rather something not visable than a major change on the outside of the shoe.

These are my 2nd favorite pair of 3s after the True blues. You guys think that it'll be possible to find people to trade these for their 09 true blues?

A guy that used to be a customer at my old work had a pair from 94 that were just so dirty. He was a 30 yo 300lb white guy that was into Pantera and when I asked why how he came about getting them he explained how they were the most popular thing in high school and they had them on sale for 60 bucks at the Panorama Mall here in LA. They've held up pretty well. If he were to wipe them down after each time he wore them, they'd be in pretty good condition.

After seeing how my fire reds held up after buying 3 pairs on release day,ill pass on these,theres certain sig. jordans that JB dont make right anymore,and these are one of them,i wouldnt buy these even if they were on sale for $100,or even $80,i still cant believe how people are still so thirsty over certain j,s that they would throw away $150 for a shoe that will most likely not even last a month before the midsole will start falling apart,and to all the people who say certain pairs last longer than others,are dead wrong,this goes for even the true blues,the problem is far from fixed with the 3,s when they are made in a white based version of the shoe,people who have only worn there 3,s 5-10 times dont count,wear your 3,s, everyday for 2-3months,i promise you they wont last anytime past that time period if you wear them daily,so what makes me think JB will fix the problem this go around,i like to wear my shoes,if i was going to buy these shoes just to DS and look at them every few months then maybe i would buy them,but i like to wear my shoes,so these are a pass even though i love the 3,s and this colorway.

these are a definite cop.
hopefully JB will fix the problems with them.
however i doubt they will. they know people like you and me will buy regardless why should they fix their quality?

Back
Top Bottom