Air Jordan III - WHITE/CEMENT GREY/BLACK/FIRE RED - 136064-105 - SPRING 2011

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

It's always funny when people try to justify JB's markup.

They are milking the market, simple as that.  They are definitely not putting premium materials on these.

I have a pair of '03's in the closet that I've only worn about 3 times (too nice).  Still can't believe I sold the extra pair I had to a former co-worker that kept on begging for me to sell them to him, sold them for retail
sick.gif
.  Crazy to think that was 7 years ago,
30t6p3b.gif
.  Time flies, I was getting ready to turn 21, $$*@ has changed since then.

These look nice, whether I buy depends on the Swoosh discount, if it's there then I will scoop up two.  If they are not discounted, then maybe 1 or I will pass altogether.

I need a pair of III's that I can beat to the ground, my Fire Reds are ready to be dumped:

You should send those kicks to POLITIX and he can restore back to almost new for you!

I wanna be able to wear a pair these  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Just playing.  I love the craft of the OG's as much as the next person, but there are some true points about the age and cracking of the older models, which is why I have no intention on spending $300+ on a 2003 pair at the moment. 

They need to start making the Toe Boxes on Jordans more flat like they used to.

Agreed!

By the way, is there any confirmation about them being on swoosh? I read somewhere they will be on there for 90$ but im not sure it was confirmed.

im keeping the tag on that %%*! look fly

fs ds sz10 [color= rgb(102, 0, 204)]eggplant foams[/color] $190
fs ds sz9.5 aj1 black and red high strap $130
fs vvvnd 9.5 lebron dunkman 7 $140
will trade for aj2 og colorway white black and red or some sb dunk high and cash

Originally Posted by never wear them

eek.gif
wow. Gotta get my iphone 4 cam fixed then if pics come out like that!
This is an iPhone 4 pic. 
If I wanted the box blurred, all I have to do is separate it more from the shoe.

It's not WHAT camera you use but HOW you take pics that matters.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

eek.gif

If I wanted the box blurred, all I have to do is separate it more from the shoe.

Thank you.  I've been in photography for 8 years man, and people are always.  "hey man what camera do you use to get those quality pictures.".  Um How about I use your 2 mp camera phone and I'll show you.... smh.

^^ lol I hate that as well. Photo is my hobby.. right now I use a Leica v lux-1. I am thinking of upgrading to the v lux-2 that just released. Can I get your opinion? Is it worth the price?

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by Mr718

The quality of the last retro, 2003, isn't any better than this retro, they seem equivalent to me.  In fact; I would spend the $150 on this instead of paying $250+ on a pair that may fall apart while your walking down the street.  Anyway, here's some pics...

that comparison shot next to the Motorsports shows that the leather is similar, if not the same.

people just don't wan't to admit when Jordan Brand does a good job after getting crap for years. I have had multiple pairs of the 2003s and the quality wasnt THAT great on them. people who miss the boat on these will be sorry later down the line.

Is the leather like the TB III's 09 retro?

Originally Posted by WhatisLove

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by WhatisLove
I've been keeping up with this thread, and I have only seen ONE picture of anyone's cracking.  Lots of other people have said that they have had no problems wearing theirs up to this point.

I know it's a small sample size.  I know that 3's are built to crack.  It's inevitable on most pairs.  That's great that your older pairs haven't... I'm sure there's a few good batches in these 2010's that won't crack for a while either.  But the way the midsoles are on these shoes (plus the paint and how they put it on), 3's just tend to crack over a period of time.

I've seen how cracks look first hand.  They aren't that great, no.  But they're inevitable most of the time.  That doesn't mean that they're going to crack the instant you put them on, which seems to be the reaction everyone has had based on that one picture.  I don't have these in my hand, but I'm sure that through NORMAL wear in good conditions, they're going to be fine for a while.
Paint chipping should not ever be inevitable, especially when it's just the paint method they use over at JB. I don't have any idea if it's because the cost of painting the midsole is a lot cheaper than painting the midsole like the Air Yeezy's

I'm not a skinny dude like 99% of NT....so when i spend $150 and have these crack and peel out...it's ridiculous

just to clarify, i don't make a big deal about leather, shape, or other tidbits about the new III's (of course they can be better)....it's just the paint i really have an issue with

Originally Posted by EJ5

I wanna be able to wear a pair these  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Just playing.  I love the craft of the OG's as much as the next person, but there are some true points about the age and cracking of the older models, which is why I have no intention on spending $300+ on a 2003 pair at the moment. 

They need to start making the Toe Boxes on Jordans more flat like they used to.

Agreed!

By the way, is there any confirmation about them being on swoosh? I read somewhere they will be on there for 90$ but im not sure it was confirmed.

Of course they will be on Swoosh, as said before a few times, Swoosh/NDC is the same website, just Swoosh members will be able to see the discount on them if there is one

Basically thats what I was asking, will there be a discount. I know how swoosh works I guess I phrased the question wrong

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

eek.gif
This is an iPhone 4 pic. 

eek.gif
dam, I must be using my iPhone 4 wrong to take pics.

Originally Posted by marley

and before you say get outta here "kid".... I'm 30+ and been in the game since 89. I love OG's just like all the older heads but i also like wearing fresh pairs and I don't just wear them to impress dudes on NT. I want them to look fresh to people who recognize Jordans for what they represent and not cuz of the materials they were produced with 15 years ago.

^^^so agreed. this is good nike talkin right here.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Why would someone even consider some DS 03s right now which most sellers will advise you not to wear cuz the paint will crack and the sole will crumble. Not too mention the back panel will be piss yellow and they will cost you more than a fresh pair of 2011's.
jrd6aw.jpg

My '03's, you wouldn't think they were worn if it wasn't for the bottoms and a couple of creases (Refuse to clean bottom of shoes
laugh.gif
). Very wearable.

Ok then who is to say that your 03' 3's will be in the same condition 7 years from now? All dude is saying is a newer pair is better if you are not a hardcore collecter and plan on wearing your shoes. 7 years from now Im sure the 2011's will be in the same condition if not better condition than your 03's are in now. Why not plan for the future instead of just buying OG's to try and get brownie points. Cement 3's from Nike/JB are cement 3's from Nike/JB. And newer just look better. Plain and simple. Thats  just life

Back
Top Bottom