Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Im in for one pair. IV's are one cw where i prefer the white version over the bred. I got 1 white cement but couldve got 2.

For some reason IV butchering doesnt bother me as much as III butchering. I agree the IV's have been done dirty. But I dont notice as much when wearing newer releases of them or looking at pics vs III's where I get a gag reflex from some oversized EP on some strangers feet I spotted at the barbershop.

Im in for one pair. IV's are one cw where i prefer the white version over the bred. I got 1 white cement but couldve got 2.

For some reason IV butchering doesnt bother me as much as III butchering. I agree the IV's have been done dirty. But I dont notice as much when wearing newer releases of them or looking at pics vs III's where I get a gag reflex from some oversized EP on some strangers feet I spotted at the barbershop.
With the White Cement 4 should’ve gotten 3. Favorite 4 from my favorite movie Do The Right Thing. I’ve grown to appreciate how versatile the black pair is style wise, but the white pair goes beyond looks for me

Nope not even close, Just still kicking myself for missing the 99 retro. Will not make that mistake again. Plan is to wear 3 of them in a rotation so I dont have to worry about the midsole. One is going in a case to display in my room, and one will will be DS to break out down the line. I assume these will be rereleased again at some point, but with Gentry there you never know whats going to happen. This is my Shoe, the GOAT show of all time, and i will make sure i have a pair at all times.

These would sell out in seconds even if it was the 2012 with Nike Air. Who knows when they’ll come back?

Also, I wonder if Tinker designed just black and red OG 3s or 4s. I know the 5s has that Fire Red sample. I like the added grey on the 3 and 4, but a black and red colorway would’ve been sick.

My fave Aj and fave IV of all time. 2nd and 3rd place go to the V and VI.

6 to 7 years passed since the 2012, and the only thing they improved was their msrp. Smh.

Im actually surprised how many one pair posts in here after all the quadruple up concord and triple up infrareds.
Probably because everyone is forming an opinion based off of a fake pair posted by an instagram account based in China and taking it as gospel... (not talking about zsneakerheadz, which are clearly 2012s)

Last edited:
These are starting to look worse and worse with every set of early pics...

Still in for 2 pair tho lol

I’m really curious to how these turn out. The reason I’m not as quick to double up on these is that the 4 is somewhere in the middle for me as far as Jordans go. It’s a classic sneaker but there are several models I like more. That being said I’d really like to see these done justice, it’s been years since I had these in my collection.

You can tell from the background that he's at an event for the Jordan XX8 fam :lol:

Besides legit having a long exhausting day.. I was only checking for the IV's haha.. why the hell did dude post that damn pic in a 2019 thread anyway :lol:

Besides legit having a long exhausting day.. I was only checking for the IV's haha.. why the hell did dude post that damn pic in a 2019 thread anyway :lol:

:lol: it’s an air jordan IV thread & This is my gimmick here on NT. :lol:

And guys, it’s obvious that the pic is old. :lol:

Plus one on this. I'm fine with the remastered IV's, they aren't perfect but acceptable. The remastered III's are better then before, but the EP is all over the place.

Some are super high or uneven going around the toe and it's the first thing that grabs my eye when looking at III's.

I got lucky with my first pair of black cement III's, nice low, thin even EP. Second pair wasnt as even and was a bit higher on the toe.

Of all the design issues that people have problems with, the EP on III's is my big thing. When I see pairs with the high rise EP, it drive me nuts... I've seen as much as 1/2 inch difference in some.

Even though I like the recent OG III retros best because of the reintroduction of the NA, the previous releases didn't seem to have such a drastic difference in the thickness of the EP on different pairs.

Last edited:
Posting 2012's just for the fun of it :sick: :lol:

Jalen-Rose-towel-throw.gif

Back
Top Bottom