Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

To me that’s the OG style, I really don’t see a lot of people lacing like that though. And me personally, I always lace up and tie.. I hate the loose feel, but to each their own.
Ya. That’s how Mike rocked them. When I see someone else laced that way, I know they know what’s up LOL

Yup, those 19's look terrible in that comparison pic. As folks have mentioned every pair of these 19's appear a little different shape wise. It's a role of the dice on what shape you're going to get SMDH. :smh::smh:
I think those look like that because they came choked asf from the factory. Mine were choked like that as well. Once I relaced them and let em breath a little ...:nthat:

Shape was just fine.

I’m happy with them, sold my 99’s when Nike Air came back but these are as close to them as i’ll Ever see. I’m happy no complaints whatsoever.

I actually bought those pants from my local Villa a few weeks ago. $60 on sale. Love them. I'm 42 and loved the old nylon wind pants from back in my youth. I have the Vault 3 pants, these and the 6 pants and all are freaking comfy!

Every 3 and 4 since the fire red 3s had a different paint process. They shouldn’t chip. To those wondering about the durabuck it seems like they can take a beating, I don’t see these scuffing or staining too easy. 2012 BC4s had a horrible fake suede that was delicate

The problem with scraping the edges is that you get the raw edge but it’s frayed. To get it right is going to take some tedious effort and a little creativity.

9F8B5C06-9748-4F18-BD76-807C75A122E0.jpeg
Did a little contrasting to the toe box, looks dope props to the dude that brought it up , def a more OG/ early retro look.

You did a great job bro!

Nah you have to use a exacto knife and scrape along the edge. It’s like scraping off the black off burned toast. If you use the flat edge of the blade, it should be pretty easy. A knife is too abrasive to use.
What happens when they get wet though? Wouldnt the fraying get worse?

I personally don't wear my Js in the rain. They hardly get worn at all for real. Cnt wear them to work in. So really it's a weekend shoe
I got designated Js for rain and snow also. Just thinking about the guys who may not care about that. Im not saying they would fray like cut washed jeans, but maybe just enough to alter the look. Knowing how picky a lot of us are about them and all.

I got designated Js for rain and snow also. Just thinking about the guys who may not care about that. Im not saying they would fray like cut washed jeans, but maybe just enough to alter the look. Knowing how picky a lot of us are about them and all.
I wouldn't think they'd fray. But that would suck. Fuzzy edges every which away... I will be cutting one pair though

:lol:
There’s no way I’m taking any sort of blade to my shoes. I don’t know how this would come out but seems worth a try. Not sure I’ll be the one to do it but it’s an option. I’m guessing we could find some various options for similar fabric pencils at Michael’s or Jo Ann Fabrics etc.

Because I don’t care for the way this shoe came out I’m willing to experiment with them

Back
Top Bottom