Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I dont remember anyone complaining about paint chipping in the WC4 2016 thread. At all.

Just takes a quick thread search:

8DF0B153-CC91-4925-8B78-6B6B1188369A.jpeg

0B546904-4037-4441-98B9-CE45FA17568D.jpeg
14C9A9A1-9BAA-483B-8E4E-7B16A42DB8F2.jpeg
434BDA76-7A7D-4BE6-980C-038A0B7725FC.jpeg

huh, crazy just got up to check my beater pairs and the paint is cracking too. And you can't even see into the air bubble with all the dirt caked on it.

Noticed paint chipping/peeling on my previous pair but it's nowhere as bad as the older retros of 4s were. Guess they used a different paint or chemical(?) that makes it more heavy duty?

Yes sir, yellowed netting, paint chipped, and scratches around the toe.

I'm going to wear my pair Saturday (despite the chipped paint and large speckle smear). I want to have them restore but one person was asking for $65. I'm trying to get a quote from another person.

Pics for a quick look:

Last edited:
OK then. You win? Was never gonna think to dig a thread up but alright.

You quoted my post saying that you didn't remember anyone in a specific thread having a particular issue. "At all."

So I went to said thread and found people talking about having said issue. Now you're acting like I attacked you? What's good with you? :lol:

based off these pics the 19 looks the worst.

I don’t know what they did to those ‘19s but the toe definitely isn’t THAT bad on them.
I rescind my previous statement. When I hold my pair up so I can see them DIRECTLY from the side, after wearing them just a few hours around my place, they kind of do have that super straight-*** toe box. Still going to enjoy them just the same overall.
I do want to iron them, now, though. Just don't want them ending up with wrinkled toes. Between the way the are now and wrinkled toes, I'd prefer to leave them. I know the WCs someone ironed wrinkled a bit due to them being leather, but I might practice on my yellowed pair just to get the hang of it. Or who knows, maybe I won't be bothered to even mess with it. But I do like the idea.

Make sure you use a wet T-shirt and place it over the toebox iron upwards to achieve the look.
If you don't mind, what heat setting did you put your iron on? No steam, I take it? Greatly appreciated. I've been pondering doing it for a while now, I'm about at the point where I'm ready to do it. I iron everything else, may as well start ironing shoes LOL

dont act like we're crazy for wanting to do what it takes to make these shoes how they shouldve come in the first place. Just be happy that people like us figured out a solution for you.

Acting like 'ewww, irons? exposing the raw edges??"
images

relax, you know damned well it aint that hardcore.

What happened to the men in this day and age? I picture most of you having zero idea on how to change a tire. When and why did everyone decide being prissy was the right way forward?

dont act like we're crazy for wanting to do what it takes to make these shoes how they shouldve come in the first place. Just be happy that people like us figured out a solution for you.

Acting like 'ewww, irons? exposing the raw edges??"
images

relax, you know damned well it aint that hardcore.

What happened to the men in this day and age? I picture most of you having zero idea on how to change a tire.

Triggered!

i dont know, i need some kix godammit. they better have non green bananas too

like, who the hell is planning out their banana usage? it takes like 4 days for them to be edible. everyone here cant get enough, never a decent selection, always straight green. maybe stop picking them so gd early, that cant be good for the nutrient content. i hate safeway

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom