Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I thought this thread was about the up and coming OG bad *** bred aka black cement 4?

I thought this thread was about the up and coming OG bad *** bred aka black cement 4?

It is. But at the moment there’s not really much to talk about related to the new drop. The talk about the 5’s is related to these because of the shape issues retros have compared to OG’s.
If page after page turns into a 5 thread I’d put a stop to it but I have no problem with what’s being posted in this thread right now. At least it’s sneaker related.

A few pics of my Top 3, of ALL-TIME, that I took earlier.

20190221_202736.jpg
20190221_202819.jpg

1. Black Cement 4's 2. Black Metallic 5's 3. Black Infrared 6's

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

The sad thing is that Jordan Brand won’t fix quality unless they have a reason too. They started losing ground to Adidas and had to make Jordans interesting again, hence the more accurate OG category releases and all of these collabs with boutiques and brands.

I hope these black cement 4s turn out as good as the infrared 6s, i refuse to buy release after release because they changed a small detail here and there.

The remastered program started before the boost wave I believe. I’m just glad they decided to lower the prices a little after the true blues bombed.

The remastered program started before the boost wave I believe. I’m just glad they decided to lower the prices a little after the true blues bombed.
I was upset at the time with how terrible the true blues were (still the worst NA release by far) but it was a blessing in disguise. The quality and shape was botched epically but if they had done them right we’d be paying $220 for every NA (and probably $240 for 11s).

Had these pre ordered for months. I’m actually more excited for these than the 6’s because I had the ‘91 6’s when I was 10 and again in 2000 and 2014 and never once owned the bred 4.
Me either. In for 3 since nike air is on em

How can you look at this sexy *** Shoe and say its not the greatest shoe ever made. EVER!!!!! And they better come out with the Jacket and Pants. Would love the shape to come correct and NIKE instead of NIKE
A I R A I R
But this will be the closest thing we have sine 1999. I cannot WAIT!!!!!! This shoe takes a HUGE DUMP on Concord XI.

air-jordan-iv-original-1989-catalog-2-jpg.2275783

Not to add fuel to the speckle density fire but the way they keep putting a different color grey at the end of the wings (and in the front as well) has always annoyed me. Is it really that hard to make the same grey as the midsole?

Yeah, the eyelets being a different color grey than the midsole on the blk/cmt IV's of yesteryear was bad.

Don't wanna steer the thread in a diff direction or anything, but had to chime in on the tb3 talk because I totally hear ya. You can find a decent pair (low even ep, not too much of a banana toe) but it's hard. Most of them were bad, it took me buying 6 pairs to get 2 'decent' pairs. All the rest had like 3/4 inch to 1 inch EP with a toe box looking like it's trying to high five you.

cant argue with 4, 5 and 6... would have to throw the 3s somewhere in there too... this is why i find it hilarious when people say bred 1s are the goat

This thread isn’t about Jordan 5s.

If y’all want 89’s or 99’s go get them.

And remember sole swapping is not staying true.

Times change. The material is 2019 version of durabuck. The model has the same elements and the colors are in the right place and the right hue. It’s not a low top or anything. It’s not a high top. We good. All that other **** is whatever and something you need to move on from.

If you not gonna cop. Stay out the thread. And move on. Relive your glory days somewhere else

Or realize it is the same shoe and get you a pair. You won’t be looking down at your feet saying oh man. That wing should be a cm higher.

It’s crazy no one wants all that sloppy tongue stitching back. But nit pick everything else. If you not gonna cop. Move out of the thread. Complaining isn’t going to change a shoe at the end of its production. Ruining it for the rest of us who are happy to get our grail show retro’d and have a fresh pair to wear

I’ve had the 99,worn the 99! and 2012 pairs. Won’t catch me complaining come May. Will cop my couple pair and beat them up good
:lol::stoneface:

To this day I always lace IVs with laces through the first and third holes (skipping the second) on the front plastic tab and through the middle hole of the wing because that's how we saw MJ doing it in those photos back when it actually was '89. I lace them through the top holes, though, not the second row down just because I think it looks better without as much lace covering the tabs.

And for years I've been wishing they would retro those AJIV shorts with the Flight tag sewn on. The black ones seen above AND the white ones. A kid on my team had the white ones and they were sick. I never understand why these clowns put out all this garbage apparel for these releases when they could (should) at least just remake the original items.

Back
Top Bottom