Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I was gonna cop regardless of the height, but can still see that the 19 is likely gonna be much higher.
87EA1743-210C-4B2E-AECC-B18C1F106B08.jpeg
11D75892-2DDB-45F8-94E8-81014388507C.jpeg

Because the 4s have been basically a lost cause since the first retro in 99. They’ve made almost no improvements since they completely butchered them in like 03-04.
-They’re still basically low tops
-Toe box is all wrong
-Heel bump is missing
-Netting is still way off

These pictures confirm that they’ve addressed none of those issues. The mold is exactly the same as the recent white cements.

be grateful jb gave us durabuck and nike air

I like the original and the 99. The only thing about the OG that I think sucks is the tongue. I love the high profile.

I was also wondering

Is there no objectivity with OG’s?

Like what if the things they changed actually kind of looked ****ty of the originals

Are we allowed to say things about the original sucked or nah
It’s fine to like what you like. Some prefer the thin patent on 11s or the huge ep cut on the recent 3s. I personally hate both of those changes (and glad they fixed the 11s).

Good for you.

Post comparison pics of the CDPs and 1999s.

If they are durabuck, then why do those pairs have clear grey lines and these look different.

You really see these UA pairs have lines like these:
rs=w:600,h:600

maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe the dyed the edges on that UA pair, I dunno
It’s Durabuck. It’ll be durabuck.

It’s Durabuck. It’ll be durabuck.
So durabuck with no grey lines then, that is what you are saying?

Because after quoting me and stating the grey lines are present, you seem to be not want to comment on the differences to the pre-2012 releases.

So durabuck with no grey lines then, that is what you are saying?

Because after quoting me and stating the grey lines are present, you seem to be not want to comment on the differences to the pre-2012 releases.
You’ll find out when we get closer to RD. The pair is UA, but the retail pair will be Durabuck. I see Durabuck.

EFCFF515-FEE0-4225-93C0-D2781CE4AC8C.png

Maybe they’re a couple mm higher than before but no, this is how the shoe should look.

Look how much of a gap there is from the bottom of the “Air” to the midsole compared to the 2019 pair. Even with that big gap the top of the pull tab is even with the top of the ankle collar. On the 2019 pair the pull tab is way higher than the collar.

Oh I get it but comparing the pics to my White Cement 4 from 2016 and it’s much higher.

EFCFF515-FEE0-4225-93C0-D2781CE4AC8C.png

Maybe they’re a couple mm higher than before but no, this is how the shoe should look.

Look how much of a gap there is from the bottom of the “Air” to the midsole compared to the 2019 pair. Even with that big gap the top of the pull tab is even with the top of the ankle collar. On the 2019 pair the pull tab is way higher than the collar.
yea b i remember on 227 the cops told calvin yea an old man is wearing high top air jordans. he was wearing the black red iv

Maybe the dyed the edges on that UA pair, I dunno

The "durabuck" they used to use up through '08ish just isn't the same thing they're using now.

This new stuff is more like hairless nubuck (which durabuck always was obviously, but it leans closer to typical nubuck than the old stuff.) The undyed edges were more distinctive on actual durabuck, now you kind of have to look at it from certain angles to notice it:

da3f1dd0-4550-4a94-a06e-04a482dd319a-jpeg.2262426

The cuts of material are also thinner so there's less undyed edge to see as well. They're there (in these pictures) though.

I want 2 pairs if the real stuff looks like these pictures.

The "durabuck" they used to use up through '08ish just isn't the same thing they're using now.

This new stuff is more like hairless nubuck (which durabuck always was obviously, but it leans closer to typical nubuck than the old stuff.) The undyed edges were more distinctive on actual durabuck, now you kind of have to look at it from certain angles to notice it:

The cuts of material are also thinner so there's less undyed edge to see as well. They're there (in these pictures) though.

Definitely thinner. Once those peel, it’ll reveal the grey wooly underlayer just like the 08 and 99, and 89

Ok, but there is the thing, what did they use on the Jordan 7 lows then?

Because I own a pair, and they have pretty clear grey lines, and they did from the jump.

Or the Metallics from 2016...

Also, I own the Air Force 180 Mids, and the material is thin as hell and the lines still pop more than those UA pairs...

Definitely thinner. Once those peel, it’ll reveal the grey wooly underlayer just like the 08 and 99, and 89

I don't have a foundation for this, but I don't think these are going to peel and I think longer durability is part of why the durabuck-esque stuff they're using now is for some people damn near indistinguishable from short nubuck.

Back
Top Bottom