Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

giphy.gif
AD7410AC-F4FB-4F4B-804F-BBC7F43DA001.jpeg

Everybody make sure you check your pairs! If I see something like this I’m switching out or returning immediately. I’m still hoping my Nike Air is aligned properly :lol:

Looks like the height is nice, however the boxy toe does not integrate well with whole aesthetic of the shoe. The toe needs to be rounded to pull off a more streamlined, tapered look. Looks like they’ll need to be some ironing done if I were to get the shoe. But it shouldn’t result to any post processing smh

Ive been having a hard time understanding why one of faketories doesnt take a leap of faith and make actual OG renditions of their fakes, If i was in charge of one of them it would be the first thing I'd do. I'd probably go as far as making everything what it used to be down to the open cell polyurethane, just go the full distance with it and charge like 300 with no regard to whatever the hell Jordan Brand decides to put out. Beat them at their own game. Give the people what they really want and tell JB to kick rocks if they want to keep f-ing around with these variant looking tribute retros. They obviously have the resources. Its a huge waste to me that they instead try to copy that year's authentic retro. Seems much more insurmountable and 100 percent more trouble trying to predict what's coming instead of simply remaking what has already happened.

But looking at the dumb mistakes they make in reproduction and silly interpretations it becomes clear that the old brainpower is in short supply over there and something like this would never occur to them.

If they werent sketchy and were made with some sort of care I'm sorry to say at this point Id probably cop. The lines are getting real blurred between authentics and fakes as it stands right now anyway. Nike's response to it isnt to increase the standard of quality and build to set the shoes apart from fakes but instead they decide to makes these cheap ace QR codes on the box :stoneface:

Great points. I honestly don't know why they won't go for OG molds either. That would in turn, make Nike step up their QC. It's a sad day when the bootlegs start to look better than the authentic products.

Man feel on top of the world for snapping them pics :lol:
Dude. What is your problem, seriously? You constantly talk ****, jerkoff JB and its releases, tell people they are full of it in their criticisms of retro releases, and then when they prove they aren't, you throw personal shade at them. Then when the person in question responds in any way, you mock them for responding, say it wasn't personal, and throw the "look at this loser" (in so many words) at them. Your reading comprehension and understanding of context is horrendous. I know you're trolling, though. At least, I hope so.

Guess I’m mellowing with old age. Are they perfect no, but we’ve come a long way on this shoe. About 15 years ago all hope was lost. Seriously how many people are you going to walk by that will call out the shoe for not having the white rand? A nice thing about shoes like this for someone my age is just getting the head nod from another old timer that remembers.
Agree but it is beside the point. Now because we got **** for so long, people are jerking themselves because it's just OK. This was never, at least for me, about what other people on the street said about details in the first place. Not when it comes to design, anyway.

Great points. I honestly don't know why they won't go for OG molds either. That would in turn, make Nike step up their QC. It's a sad day when the bootlegs start to look better than the authentic products.
Dude definatly has some good points. But couple reasons why ua's probably don't do full og. these are just my guesses btw... You kinna sorta answered one...Don't think ua's want to do anything that will make nike step up its quality control. I think they like the sloppy work nike does to make it harder to tell which is which. They're not out to compete w/ nike, they're out to make fakes. If they compete w/ nike it'll force nike to step up which will make things harder for them.

Also, ua's just care about money, & their whole entire customer base are ppl who just want something that looks exactly like what nike puts out on the shelves & in the release pictures for cheap. If it looks too far from the new release they'll likely shy away & go to the competing ua seller that makes shoes that look like the new release because those customers don't really know anything or really care about og's & jordans because if they did they wouldn't be buying fakes to begin with. Basically most ua buyer would just think its a bad fake which means that the ua company would loose customers to another.

I don't think ppl who really want & care about the og version as much as most ppl here are that large. If a ua company made og's they would basically be catering to small group of ppl like us. These are just my guesses on what might be holding them up, I could be totally wrong.

But yea, I think you & dude are right aswell, a ua company should just try a small experimental run & put it out on youtube under some title like "full og retro" or something just to see how it does.

You obviously didnt major in advertising.

Whichever one of these companies decides to deviate from the status quo and cater to the needs of this niche OG customer base and emphasizes that this is indeed an attempt to recreate the original shoe and that theres no cheap chinese trinket shennanigans going on would thrive because they would be the only ones filling that void. With the proper promotion it would be legendary in the sneaker community. And we all know what can happen when things get hyped in this world.

The dream scenario would be to take someone like @Hoopfr3sh or whatever and put that kind of eye for detail in china and have him direct the design and manufacturing process. The initial investment might be a pretty penny to get the right people set up but I fully believe it would pay off ten fold. After a while when the thing turns into a beast and the incentive flips to Fake OGs Incorporated from Nike for factory orders, factories in China might decide to make things difficult for Nike so that their cash cow remains well fed and fat af while it's ironic competition scrambles to find another producer with an adequate workforce. That buys them valuable time to siphon out the market before Nike gets a chance to respond to it. Which would be sweet sweet justice.
Classic China.

Last edited:
Dude. What is your problem, seriously? You constantly talk ****, jerkoff JB and its releases, tell people they are full of it in their criticisms of retro releases, and then when they prove they aren't, you throw personal shade at them. Then when the person in question responds in any way, you mock them for responding, say it wasn't personal, and throw the "look at this loser" (in so many words) at them. Your reading comprehension and understanding of context is horrendous. I know you're trolling, though. At least, I hope so.

Shut up princess.

You didn’t bother to mention the shots dude been throwing, like he earned some trophy for posting some early pics.

You bypassed that and hopped straight on my ****

You the 40+ year old dude that be writing essays about your feelings. FOH and just enjoy the pics.

Didn’t even involve you :smh:

Last edited:
You obviously didnt major in advertising.

Whichever one of these companies decides to deviate from the status quo and cater to the needs of this niche OG customer base and emphasizes that this is indeed an attempt to recreate the original shoe and that theres no cheap chinese trinket shennanigans going on would thrive because they would be the only ones filling that void. With the proper promotion it would be legendary in the sneaker community. And we all know what can happen when things get hyped in this world.

The dream scenario would be to take someone like @Hoopfr3sh or whatever and put that kind of eye for detail in china and have him direct the design and manufacturing process. The initial investment might be a pretty penny to get the right people set up but I fully believe it would pay off ten fold. After a while when the thing turns into a beast and the incentive flips to Fake OGs Incorporated from Nike for factory orders, factories in China might decide to make things difficult for Nike so that their cash cow remains well fed and fat af while it's ironic competition scrambles to find another producer with an adequate workforce. That buys them valuable time to siphon out the market before Nike gets a chance to respond to it. Which would be sweet sweet justice.
Classic China.
Advertising for the black market? I guess. Maybe thats just what black market companies wants...all eyes on them. I can see it happening, a small rag tag UA company that hides in the shadows ripping off a nike made shoe out plays the 30 billion dollar company. Nike who contributes billions to chinas economy can't do anything to the ua company selling fake nike's to ntr's & never has to worry about retribution to its company because they will "thrive".

My friend...I believe the ua companies stay alive because they're small fry. They make waves, they get smashed. These companies aren't out to shine, they're trying to make a buck while staying under the radar selling fakes. You know....Black Market.

They letting anything slide through QC now. Lol. Pretty unfortunate for us, $200 for flawed kicks. I know, it’s been the Nike standard for years now. No ****s given from Nike. 1 pair to turn into beaters.

In the picture above (authentic pair) the whole shoe looks crooked/slanted?? Yikes

Funny part is the fakes in the early 2000s were spot on. They just didn’t hold up over time. Fell apart fast. But when you’re paying $60 whatever.

Shut up princess.

You didn’t bother to mention the shots dude been throwing, like he earned some trophy for posting some early pics.

You bypassed that and hopped straight on my ****

You the 40+ year old dude that be writing essays about your feelings. FOH and just enjoy the pics.

Didn’t even involve you :smh:

You threw a shade and doubted me period. I’m only responding to the doubt you had. Shot for shot no?

If you can give it but can’t take it....

Back
Top Bottom