Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

It's hilarious how everyone in here is ripping him and we don't even have confirmation that he's responsible for this. The mid 00s was nearly 15 years ago, for all we know it can be someone completely different making these trash decisions.

Most sneaker info sites ran articles early last year saying he was moving back as executive VP for JB...Think about how many other times exec changes have been reported on in the sneaker world...Few and far between...They all knew it was a big deal because of what that move entailed...

Anyway the best guess at the time was that we’d start seeing his product decisions around the first or second quarters of 2019...No coincidence that we’re starting to see this stuff now...Trust that it’ll get far worse...

He takes it to new levels.

He did the same thing with NSW. Releasing Foams is loud colorways, pushing crap like Vac-Tech.
Sure, but I bet these were in the plans before he officially took over, who knows.

I just find it funny, every damn JB related thread and something is wrong or odd all I see is, Gentry fault, Gentry this, Gentry that. half the people saying his name dont even know who dude is, just picking up what they read on here :lol:

Sure, but I bet these were in the plans before he officially took over, who knows.

I just find it funny, every damn JB related thread and something is wrong or odd all I see is, Gentry fault, Gentry this, Gentry that. half the people saying his name dont even know who dude is, just picking up what they read on here :lol:
Geez man.

Can I just hate in peace. Sheesh :lol:

I dunno how many times I was looking forward to a shoe, it came out butchered, and Gentry did a interview saying some nonsense. I got years of vitriol in me for dude.

I spent the mid 2000s reading NT, seeing Gentry's buffoonery, and then I was in my room like....
Edfu4Z.gif

In all seriousness though, the people that are bringing him up seem to know his history very well.

Last edited:
So what did I miss? These got butchered? Someone post pics please. Didn’t realize we are this close until this past weekend.

thanks for leading me to the pics.

Still in for 2 pairs. Seems like typical Nike QC. I can't let these pics get me down. This was sophomore year of high school memories.

Did i see the NA is off centered though? Of all the things to muck up, how do you muck that easy part up??

I think what nobody has really mentioned about these pics is how tight this pair is laced and how its effecting some of the angles in the pics (overall shape, curve under the NA, lace wing placement etc). Go grab your favorite pair, lace them as tight as possible and tell me how they look. Youll prob find alot to complain about. That said the stitch line under and off center NA does look pretty bad.

Last edited:
?

That only shows me how important China is to Nike... not really Nike to China
Ummmm....It goes both ways man. Thats how a buisness works. 200,000 Nike employees in china. Half a billion dollars in sales IN China stores for Nike products for this quarter & China charges a 16% sales TAX rate. You think a billion dollar company can do buisness in a country without having to pay tax's or contribute to its country or kick back money to the economy? Next your gonna tell me just cause Walmart makes money & pays minimum wage they don't contribute to Americas economy. Btw, those small wages those 200,000 employees make goes back into the economy aswell. Employees have to spend that money which all gets taxed. This is how a buisness works.

These numbers are for Nike's sales in China sporting goods stores for 2016. It grows every year.
Screenshot_2019-04-09-05-05-13.png

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo.../08/04/the-rise-of-chinas-sports-economy/amp/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom