Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

If I was in that store when ol' boy broke out his 2000 pair I would have IMMEDIATELY asked what his NT profile name was :lol: I would have expected it to be a member here without question :rofl:

Still want to wait for official photos, but this is the breakdown for me.

Pros:
No banana shape (that I can clearly see)
NA on back
Overall shape is better (not as much of a low top)
CW is one of the all time greats

Cons:
Toebox fat af
NA on back
Tongue tall af
Red part of tongue is visible
No gray/white lines
Overall shape still misses the mark

Know I’m missing other things an OG/99 enthusiasts would spot. But all these flaws and I’m still copping because it’s such an iconic shoe. 3s & 4s used to be my favorite Jordans until they started butchering the shape and they became these bulky monstrosities. We frfr need a viral movement to #SaveThe4s #Make4sGreatAgain and just troll/spam Nike and JB. People we deserve an authentic OG 3 & 4. That is why today, I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States of America. Running on the platform of shoe equity and equality for all Jordan and Nike retros. Nah :lol:

Gray lines are there. These guys want bright white lines.

Can't really tell with angle, but the wing being higher than the height of the shoe tony posted might be because the laces are tightened at the top. The top three lace holes look like they're pulled pretty tight.

Thanks. This is a spot on, reasonable and logical explanation.

For all the toddlers that been waiting for official pics lol
7304ED53-23AE-466E-845E-9C7A2F8BBBB7.jpeg

C630F203-C159-44B9-B0D1-04C5EA881D25.jpeg

6535C8EA-63E0-4E53-A76D-3B9C6AFEC5B4.jpeg

It's not supposed to be centered for Nike; it's supposed to be centered over the swoosh. WC4s look great. My tinker 3s (with red tab) look awesome too. Even though the back tab isn't the OG wide shape, they could still get the NA looking good with the right Nike, Swoosh, and Air proportions.

Prop's to all the father's out there picking up shoes with their kids. I hope imma get the chance to share this hobby with my son/daughter in the future if it happens. Not going over board until their feet stop growing though.

Back
Top Bottom