Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

Yikes for the guys putting White Lines on the shoe. The lines were never white, it was the grey from the Durabuck. Hoopfresh is probably the closet, but still look too white IMO. And no idea why you would want to age the midsole. The White is what is charming about the show imo, it the perfect amount and really sets off the show. Making them yellow to look aged does not do anything for me. but to each his own. I love these the exact way they are. They are comfortable and look great. Waiting for 1 more pair to ship and I will have my 6!!!! Will still buy Jordans here and there, but these are my grails and so glad to have them.

No judgement here... I bought 6 of the infrareds. lol

Yikes for the guys putting White Lines on the shoe. The lines were never white, it was the grey from the Durabuck. Hoopfresh is probably the closet, but still look too white IMO. And no idea why you would want to age the midsole. The White is what is charming about the show imo, it the perfect amount and really sets off the show. Making them yellow to look aged does not do anything for me. but to each his own. I love these the exact way they are. They are comfortable and look great. Waiting for 1 more pair to ship and I will have my 6!!!! Will still buy Jordans here and there, but these are my grails and so glad to have them.
Mjow did it the best imo. He used a grey.

No, it's really not. Buy the limited collabs and sit on them. Nobody is saying buy the gr's or the retro they make a million of. Art Basel, OW, Union, TS. Name the limited collab that crashed.

stockx Jordan 4 Kaws grey.JPG
stockx Jordan 4 Kaws black.JPG

I never mentioned crashed, that's your word, I talked about losing money.

Yeah, but it's an entirely different feeling for some copping these Black/Cement 4's. There's a timeless nostalgic feeling with these in comparison to a pair of KAWS 4's of OW's. With KAWS 4's etc, peeps get excited that they copped because it automatically means potential money in their pocket if they'd choose to resell. It's a different feeling then copping a shoe that has emotional connection. If that makes any sense.

I get what you're trying to say, but I was more referring to the folks who were literally shocked/amazed that they were able to hit on SNKRS, footsites, finishline, etc. You think they just hit the Powerball jackpot the way they reacted

This is hilarious because if you go to any major mall post release, so many dudes wearing the exact same hyped GR shoe that released. I’m all about people wearing their pairs but I personally let mine marinate for a while before throwing them on feet. As for hyped limited releases, you very rarely see anyone wearing them unless you go to a sneaker specific event. I think the people who wear them are a pretty niche population (I.e. NTers).

stockx Jordan 4 Kaws grey.JPG
stockx Jordan 4 Kaws black.JPG

I never mentioned crashed, that's your word, I talked about losing money.
Ok, so that's 1. Nobody is saying its guaranteed. No stock is guaranteed. But about 75% of the limited collabs double in 6-12 months. That's a much better % than stocks.

Let's make this fun. I'll take the TS1. You pick any stock you want. We'll go 9 months. Whoever has the best % gain gets $100.

This is a bad comparison tbh, hyped sneakers gain a lot of value initially but stocks fluctuate heavily but sometimes pay dividends and whatnot. Any stock you would even want to hold for 9 months probably isn’t going to give you a high initial return like a hyped sneaker would. That said, you can also easily write off loses on stocks but you can’t really do that for sneakers without establishing a business. Also, if you trade options successfully you can literally turn a few hundred bucks into several thousand in a short amount of time. It’s an apples to oranges comparison, really.

Back
Top Bottom