Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

I have them on right now. Super comfortable compared to white cements. Feels like the sole is softer. The upper locks down right where it should, they feel like a part of me.

Its hard to not see that the rubber red is way brighter than the tongue. I kind of hope it dulls out with contact with the ground over time/

Also, creasing is prob going to get real on these

Final verdict; these are awesome and too easy to wear. A double up is probably going to happen if I dont get my infrared sitch resolved. I can see these easily being an every day go to if im not careful
I like the idea of us all sitting around our places after work rocking these and just smirking smugly in our own little worlds :lol:

Why not? Its easy with 4s since theres no clear sole to worry about

i imagine bc3s wouldve been just as easy... :smh:
Oh no real important reason, it's just something I do sometimes with certain select shoes when I first get them. I don't like wearing shoes in my place once they've been outside, but I hate being barefoot or in socks (have been that way since I was a little kid, don't know why) so I am always wearing shoes inside. But I don't want the dirt and nasty **** from the bottom of outside-worn shoes in my place. So once these hit pavement, they are off the table for wearing around the house. And I've just wanted to wear them in pristine condition after work in my sweats while watching bball. I'm a dork LOL

Just like in 1999, I threw these on outta the box like they was some Walmart specials.
A547CF8D-03E9-4EFB-9BDC-CFDB974F6BDB.jpeg

Went for a walk at the old park where I played ball in these a lot back in the day.

It's my real first time being in this thread, since Saturday. I was gonna read out comments that were made since then, but I'll do that **** **** later. It's almost been 2,000 posts made, since then.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anyways, my 12.5 from SNKRS came in earlier today, and man I'm actually more impressed than I thought I would be with these.

20190507_152836.jpg
20190507_153103.jpg
20190507_153202.jpg

These damn 12.5's look like size 15's lol. They're BIG as ****!!! Anyways overall, this is a nice retro. I like that they actually tried to improve the height. That was this model's BIGGEST problem. It's still not high enough, but it's WAAAAAY better than what we've been getting, the last 15 years. I also think the nubuck material used is nice.

Now, what looks bad is the Nike Air Logo's on the heels. That **** looks bad... REALLY, REALLY BAD. The Nike font, and Swoosh looks like it's trying to run away, on the left shoe. Also, I'm not a fan of the glossy *** midsole paint. They used a flat finish for the Black Infrared 6's, and they should've for these. They also should've had the white edges, along the material, too. The wing placement is also still slightly off.

Overall, I give this retro a B-. It's nice overall, but I have to deduct points for the obvious.

Here's a few 1999 & 2019 comparsion pics.

The 1999 is size 12, 2019 a size 12.5.

20190507_155407.jpg
20190507_155835.jpg

Do y'all see how the wing placement is slighty off, now? It just needs to be moved back a few centimeters, but it still wouldn't look right, because the 2019, is still cut shorter than the 1999. I'm not trying to nitpick, I just wanted y'all to understand what I meant.

Anyways, here a few more pics. I'll take some better comparison pics, when my size 12 comes in.

20190507_155709.jpg
20190507_155835.jpg
20190507_160033.jpg
20190507_154410.jpg

20190507_154418.jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

With ALL that said, I really like the 2019's. I also need 4 MORE pairs, to satisfy my "Grail" sneaker addiction. Hopefully, they restock them soon.

It's my real first time being in this thread, since Saturday. I was gonna read out comments that were made since then, but I'll do that **** **** later. It's almost been 2,000 posts made, since then.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anyways, my 12.5 from SNKRS came in earlier today, and man I'm actually more impressed than I thought I would be with these.

20190507_152836.jpg
20190507_153103.jpg
20190507_153202.jpg

These damn 12.5's look like size 15's lol. They're BIG as ****!!! Anyways overall, this is a nice retro. I like that they actually tried to improve the height. That was this model's BIGGEST problem. It's still not high enough, but it's WAAAAAY better than what we've been getting, the last 15 years. I also think the nubuck material used is nice.

Now, what looks bad is the Nike Air Logo's on the heels. That **** looks bad... REALLY, REALLY BAD. The Nike font, and Swoosh looks like it's trying to run away, on the left shoe. Also, I'm not a fan of the glossy *** midsole paint. They used a flat finish for the Black Infrared 6's, and they should've for these. They also should've had the white edges, along the material, too. The wing placement is also still slightly off.

Overall, I give this retro a B-. It's nice overall, but I have to deduct points for the obvious.

Here's a few 1999 & 2019 comparsion pics.

The 1999 is size 12, 2019 a size 12.5.

20190507_155407.jpg
20190507_155835.jpg

Do y'all see how the wing placement is slighty off, now? It just needs to be moved back a few centimeters, but it still wouldn't look right, because the 2019, is still cut shorter than the 1999. I'm not trying to nitpick, I just wanted y'all to understand what I meant.

Anyways, here a few more pics. I'll take some better comparison pics, when my size 12 comes in.

20190507_155709.jpg
20190507_155835.jpg
20190507_160033.jpg
20190507_154410.jpg

20190507_154418.jpg

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

With ALL that said, I really like the 2019's. I also need 4 MORE pairs, to satisfy my "Grail" sneaker addiction. Hopefully, they restock them soon.
In that side-by-side shot from the rear, the overall collar height doesn't look much higher on the '99s. It really illustrates how just a millimeter or two here and there, and some minor changes to cut patterns, color finishes and panel placements, make a big difference collectively in the overall perception of a shoe. They are actually way closer with this retro than I initially thought. Too bad they just didn't go another two yards across the goal line, but I'm still enjoying them.

It's the ONLY way the Air Jordan 4, will EVER look right again. Until then, they will continue to look like cheap, low top, low end department store replicas.

bred42012.jpg

CI1184_001_P1.jpg

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

And yes, the height and shape has reached an ALL-TIME LOW. Anyone, who comes in here justifying this butchering, needs their ***** whopped.

SEVERELY.

|l

THIS **** IS STRAIGHT UP DISGUSTING, & AN INSULT TO ALL OF US.

Oh HELL YEAH tonytobacco tonytobacco . This is DEFINITELY the height, and shape we're gettin' on the Black Cement 4's. No if's, in's, or but's!!! This mold, is actually worse than 2008's, and 2012's. Y'all can kiss your hopes goodbye, because this model will forever be a low top, piece of trash.

Y'all can justify ALL the BS you want, but it won't change the ABSOLUTE FACT that this model, is a funny shaped, awkwardly built, low top disgrace of it's original, and even first Retro's design.

Put THAT, in your obvious sneak dissin' comments.

I'm leaving this here because you just gave it a B- after four months of non-stop, relentless bashing and while repeatedly reminding all of us of every inferior detail in comparison to the OGs (we hadn't forgotten), all of which I had originally given a pass on because I assumed that you were an old head and not actually one year old when these originally dropped...

I'm leaving this here because you just gave it a B- after four months of non-stop, relentless bashing and while repeatedly reminding all of us of every inferior detail in comparison to the OGs (we hadn't forgotten), all of which I had originally given a pass on because I assumed that you were an old head and not actually one year old when these originally dropped...

Leave it here, post it up on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. I don't care what the hell you do with it. I'm just stating my opinion. You don't have to agree or disagree.

Assuming I was an old head, and the rest of that BS you stated is on you. Don't try to blame me for you not paying attention. If you paid attention, you'd know I kept my opinions to myself for quite sometime. I've mostly been posting pics of OG pairs, and OG clothing, and have been keeping relatively quiet. There's several members that can vouch for that.

These are far from perfect, but my opinion changed when I finally seen them in person. You don't like my opinion, so the **** what. Who cares? Come up with your own. If it still bothers you, use the ignore button. I don't give a ****.

I was a little startled when I opened the box to my sz 12, they looked and felt huge.
I felt the same way about the wc4s, BC3s, Concords, come to think of it every retro J.
I guess it's not just the width of the toe box or the length. Somehow everything is just bulkier.
Mentioned this to a friend, who was like, yeah dude, you have sasquatch feet.

Patiently waiting for my EastBay sz 12.5 to arrive.

Leave it here, post it up on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram. I don't care what the hell you do with it. I'm just stating my opinion. You don't have to agree or disagree.

Assuming I was an old head, and the rest of that BS you stated is on you. Don't try to blame me for you not paying attention. If you paid attention, you'd know I kept my opinions to myself for quite sometime. I've mostly been posting pics of OG pairs, and OG clothing, and have been keeping relatively quiet. There's several members that can vouch for that.

These are far from perfect, but my opinion changed when I finally seen them in person. You don't like my opinion, so the **** what. Who cares? Come up with your own. If it still bothers you, use the ignore button. I don't give a ****.
Whoa. Yo. Let's take a step back, dudes.

Marz had every reason to believe these would suck balls. A lot of us did. That's not on him or those of us like him, that's on Nike/JB. Those **** heads have been trolling us for YEARS. They continue to troll us. It's only been the past three years that they've made any effort at all--AT ALL--to make some halfway decent retros. And you STILL never know what we're going to get from these guys.

Nola, I get your point as well. Some of us--some more than others--lose their minds over this ****. Yeah, it's silly and not important in real life. But when we're on this site the whole point is the shoes. So people get worked up. That's a big part of the entire point of NT. Let's not deny the fact that Marz voices what a lot of us are thinking. I, at least, enjoy him going off because, honestly, that means I don't have to.

There remain a LOT of things Nike/JB can do better with these retros. Sit back and suck their balls, and they won't. Similarly. when they do a good job, give credit where credit is due. This release is kind of in the middle, or maybe 65/35.

But people are allowed to change their minds, one way or the other. I changed mine. But I (and others) still have several legit gripes about these. At least it sort of seems like Nike is getting back on the right track after YEARS of garbage. Let's see what's next. The semi-belief is tenuous until proven otherwise over the next few years.

if the 2016 wc4 isnt nubuck and nubuck has a completely different feel to it, can they still be considered an OG release?
Philosoraptor.jpg
Leather makes them way toO heavy and impractical for ball, especially if the leather was thick like back then too

Its kind of like calling those panda 1s the OG blk whites

I would still call them OG because every white cement 4 since 99' have been leather. Still everything is correct in essence aside from the leather and rebranding and slight variations of gray and speckling.

Back
Top Bottom