Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

The edges are fraying on the parts that are experiencing wear, like the toe. It will not do that at the same rate, or at all, on other parts of the shoe.

So while painting all the edges white don't make them look like the OGs or 99s, neither does fraying around the toe area to expose a darker grey line.

JB should have just done these properly.
I didnt fray anything, never touched them, and its not just the front, its happening all over. Again its not 100% all the way around, but you can see that in about 2-3 weeks its going to be all over the shoe

image.jpg

Strait to feet. It’s been so long since I’ve worn this shoe it looked out of place on my feet :smh:. Not anymore

image.jpg

Strait to feet. It’s been so long since I’ve worn this shoe it looked out of place on my feet :smh:. Not anymore

I didnt fray anything, never touched them, and its not just the front, its happening all over. Again its not 100% all the way around, but you can see that in about 2-3 weeks its going to be all over the shoe
They reason the grey underneath is showing is because the edges are fraying. You don't have to touch them, you walking in them is causing. And by you pic it is not happening uniformly.

So again, JB should have just done these properly

I'd look like a complete jackass if I attempted to wear that at age 43.
:rofl:
Man, that shirt was awful back in 1990. I never saw anyone wearing it but I saw it hanging on racks in sporting goods stores all over my area for what seemed like forever. I remember it being on sale in some store and my mom asking me if I wanted it and I was like, "Are you crazy? I can't wear that." And that was coming from the 13-year-old me LOL. A funny byproduct of the retro clothing phenomenon is that all these years later, some people look at the product now and think it was considered cool 25 or whatever years ago, so it actually becomes more popular and sought after than it ever was in the first place. No one was considered cool for wearing that shirt back in the day. At least not in my world :lol:

I think I solved the riddle why they did the NA on the back like that...

So at any angle from rear theres either going to be the check and the beginning of Nike or the R from A I R and there wont be any dead space like the jumpman does sometimes in photos you cant tel if its a 99 or a 12 so with these thats fixed even tho from dead on behind its crikkit like a lazy eye.

Or maybe they did it to make a distinct difference from the 99.

It's actually really simple, and I'm not sure if this has been brought up in the thread with a pic to show it (granted my lines aren't PERFECT but this should illustrate that the NIKE is definitely off center...just look at the spacing of the "I" in AIR as it should represent the theoretical middle of the logo and look at where the "K" lines up with it on the WC's and the BC's. On the WC it goes straight through space between the legs of the K. On the BC it COMPLETELY MISSES the space and lines up with the right leg of the K. Pretty obvious that it's off and the NIKE would have to be shifted a few MM to the right to be more "lined up". Why is it like this? Who knows...is Nike trolling us? Do they care? I am still waiting on my pair to be delivered and while this point is annoying, I have better things to do with my time than worry so I'll take these as they are and much like rainking rainking , age is a factor and not wanting to wait till I'm 50 for a "perfect pair" of 4's lol.
fullsizeoutput_d5d.jpeg

I do remember Tom Chambers being a cheat in that game lol

Chamber could Dunk from everywhere. But the best was Bulls vs Blazers 1992 , and using Jordan and the reverse layup. Loved that game!!!
Hahahaha, yeah, I remember getting so annoyed whenever I played against anyone using Chambers. But Bulls vs Blazers ... I remember my boy got that the day it dropped and we played it nonstop all summer. I believe EA also put out a Dream Team version of the game with team USA, I recall we used to rent it all the time from Blockbuster Video.
As a funny aside, you talk about NBA game cheats: It was either Live 96 or 97, some of my friends in my dorm borrowed my copy one day and a few days later they asked me to play against them. I was like, why are you picking the Bullets? And they just had this stupid smirk on their faces. So we start playing--and at the time I was damn good at that game, better than all my friends--and these idiots had somehow figured out that Gheorghe Muresan could shoot pretty much 100 percent from a specific three point area five feet behind the line on the wing. It basically made them unbeatable. After I got done cussing out them and the game, it was pretty funny. A couple of months later our dorm held an NBA Live tournament and we had one of them enter with this scheme in mind, and he proceeded to win the whole thing by just bombing deep threes on everyone. I think he won $100. I would go watch him play the games and every dude he faced just lost their minds like I had when Muresan started raining threes on them nonstop, they were all so pissed :rofl:

For those who said the longer you wear them the more the grey outline will show up, is looking to be correct. I have worn them everyday since I got them 3 weeks ago from the first shock drop. And I looked down at them today and sure enough you can see the outline starting to appear. I am not sure why everyone is saying Hoopsfresh looks so good. To me its to white and does not look like the OG's or the 99's IMHO.

EXACTLY. People painting their sneakers are the same people
NOT WEARING their "beloved" shoes.

I feel bad for those who have flaws on their shoes, but at the same time, its comical.

One wide One narrow, paint chip, swiggly seams :rofl:

It's actually really simple, and I'm not sure if this has been brought up in the thread with a pic to show it (granted my lines aren't PERFECT but this should illustrate that the NIKE is definitely off center...just look at the spacing of the "I" in AIR as it should represent the theoretical middle of the logo and look at where the "K" lines up with it on the WC's and the BC's. On the WC it goes straight through space between the legs of the K. On the BC it COMPLETELY MISSES the space and lines up with the right leg of the K. Pretty obvious that it's off and the NIKE would have to be shifted a few MM to the right to be more "lined up". Why is it like this? Who knows...is Nike trolling us? Do they care? I am still waiting on my pair to be delivered and while this point is annoying, I have better things to do with my time than worry so I'll take these as they are and much like rainking rainking , age is a factor and not wanting to wait till I'm 50 for a "perfect pair" of 4's lol.
fullsizeoutput_d5d.jpeg
I haven't bothered busting out the measuring tools, but I am convinced it is because of the size of the font and the amount of exposed plastic on the width of the heel tabs. If the tabs were a bit wider, there would have been room to shift the Nike and swoosh over to the right slightly. Or if they slightly shrank the size of the Nike, the swoosh and the Air, they could have aligned it all properly within the available space. The fact is, it's not just that they placed it all incorrectly on the tabs. Put it this way: Say you could remove the Nike, the swoosh and the Air and reposition them however you want: It wouldn't matter. There's literally no way that you could align those pieces and letters, at the size they are made in, in a way that wouldn't look wrong. There's no extra space to move the Nike and the swoosh, and while you could reposition the AIR, it would then not be equal distance from the left and right sides of the tab, which would also look wrong.

I haven't bothered busting out the measuring tools, but I am convinced it is because of the size of the font and the amount of exposed plastic on the width of the heel tabs. If the tabs were a bit wider, there would have been room to shift the Nike and swoosh over to the right slightly. Or if they slightly shrank the size of the Nike, the swoosh and the Air, they could have aligned it all properly within the available space. The fact is, it's not just that they placed it all incorrectly on the tabs. Put it this way: Say you could remove the Nike, the swoosh and the Air and reposition them however you want: It wouldn't matter. There's literally no way that you could align those pieces and letters, at the size they are made in, in a way that wouldn't look wrong. There's no extra space to move the Nike and the swoosh, and while you could reposition the AIR, it would then not be equal distance from the left and right sides of the tab, which would also look wrong.

I think we can make this simple. if you compare the Air with WC4 you can see the AIR swoosh and nike are just to big of a font to fit on the tabs correctly.

Back
Top Bottom