Air Jordan IV “Black/Cement” - May 4th 2019

4EC41F2D-1D45-4BE1-B01B-0A5A2B4AA25D.jpeg
6DF13A7B-4037-471C-864C-8E484DE65215.jpeg
A14782F0-2D33-4520-B92D-09292D108069.jpeg
50936F49-E0A6-4CEC-90CB-E8F9F1520187.jpeg
75C4D6D5-6B22-4405-B642-2AAAC03D46A6.jpeg

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think of this next reimagined release as a BC4 release; I see it as a Retro+ with OG colorblocking. I don't think this release can replace the '19s or vice versa. It's just a different shoe in my mind. The WC3s were so subtly different on the other hand that I do see those as a WC3 OG release.

That wing stitching decision is definitely peculiar. Frankly, I think the OGs had it b/c manufacturing capabilities weren't sufficient to stitch it only where needed, so not overextending can be seen as an enhancement. Though it's a cool OG touch they added to the '19s. Just glad they didn't give us the typical OG jagged tongue shape; those were embarrassing. Shape and embroidery quality has come a long way.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think of this next reimagined release as a BC4 release; I see it as a Retro+ with OG colorblocking. I don't think this release can replace the '19s or vice versa. It's just a different shoe in my mind. The WC3s were so subtly different on the other hand that I do see those as a WC3 OG release.

That wing stitching decision is definitely peculiar. Frankly, I think the OGs had it b/c manufacturing capabilities weren't sufficient to stitch it only where needed, so not overextending can be seen as an enhancement. Though it's a cool OG touch they added to the '19s. Just glad they didn't give us the typical OG jagged tongue shape; those were embarrassing. Shape and embroidery quality has come a long way.

Retro+ is now Reimagined

Reimagined = a twist on an og cw. How are these any different than the suede royal 1s or patent breds? I agree they are weak compared to the WC3s and L&F, but they don’t deviate from the (overly broad) reimagined theme.

I do kinda wish that they stuck with a more consistent theme of tastefully aged. Both of the aged pairs were amazing, whereas these, the royals, and patent breds are all somewhere between meh and terrible.

Reimagined = a twist on an og cw. How are these any different than the suede royal 1s or patent breds? I agree they are weak compared to the WC3s and L&F, but they don’t deviate from the (overly broad) reimagined theme.

I do kinda wish that they stuck with a more consistent theme of tastefully aged. Both of the aged pairs were amazing, whereas these, the royals, and patent breds are all somewhere between meh and terrible.
Agreed. I thought they were on to something with the re-imagined gimmick and aging them. They could've extended the program by applying one style to several different models. Instead, they're just doing random things to models with no rhyme or reason.

Back
Top Bottom