Air Jordan IV Doernbecher Charity NOVEMBER 5 2011 175.00 308497-015

only reason i will actually try to cop is because i missed out on the DB III's
30t6p3b.gif

hate myself for that SMH

I don't get why people say they will cop these because they missed out on ___Doernbecher? It's not like copping these will make those suddenly appear. If you missed out on the other ones why not use the money that you'd spend on these on the ones you really want?

Of course the kids are going to come up with different things (that may be perceived as random) to put on the shoes... they are asked for different details within their lives that are meaningful to them.

To start off, they let the kids come up with their own color scheme of what colors they want on the shoe. After that, it's a collaboration with the kids and the designers/developers to come up with a final colorway.

BTW, Doernbecher shoes are supposed to be a little on the wild side... its a chance to step out and do something that Nike wouldn't normally do. Plus, it's all for a good cause and allows these kids to do something they probably never thought they could... after all they have gone through in life.

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

Originally Posted by trappedintime

Only person that understands what exactly? Put aside the great cause, it's not a kid or kids that are making the final designs. They're just kids who provide ideas and HELP design the shoes. What's comical (pun intended) here is that a professional let such a hodge podge of ideas make it to the final colorway. If they had gone with the superman motif, great. But why are there 3 shades of green here? The greens have no business in this design, especially mixed with the yellow.

It's a complete cop out to say that this came from the kids. None of the other ones look this fake/over the top stupid. Ultimately it still comes down to who would wear this? Maybe if you dress like a clock wearing buffoon with a whack sense of style these would fit right in, but I'd never be seen wearing kicks like this.

Green is supposed to represent Kryptonite, I'd imagine.
And why are people so upset over this, just don't get the shoes.  Instead of complaining about declining quality and increasing prices we're complaining about not liking the design of a shoe designed by a kid who's sick and likes Superman.  Don't think there's much more to it than that.  You said none of the other ones look this fake/over the top stupid, but really?  Maybe the previous Jordans have been as loud and bright, but have you SEEN the other shoes in the Doernbecher collections in the past?  It's just a mish mash of colors and pictures all over the shoe.  

Again, it's for charity.  You hate them that much, don't buy them, but like I said, throw some black laces on them and they'll look alot better.  
another person that understands
i'm more for this charity then the one for the air mag 

this is a nike shoe with real history then some silly $%% shoe with glowing lights going for 2 3 4 thousand dollars from a corny comedy movie 

and something most people can afford 
I totally agree with the fact that this charity is more accessible to the majority of the sneaker community.... But to bash on the Nike Mag, well you must be a 90' baby..... cause this is for all the 80's babies. That corny comedy movie is one of the most ICONIC movies of the 80's..... It brings nostalgia for those that watched that movie and patiently waited for the release. Are they ridiculous...... yes......I would say there more of a collector's piece like a movie prop than for every day wear. But, it's your opinion soo it is what it is....

I REALLY LIKE THAT I HAVE FANS WHO FOLLOW AND QUOTE MY EVERY POST....

GET NEW CATCH PHRASES. COOL STORY BRO HAS BEEN USED UP BY THE INTERNET.

Originally Posted by trappedintime

I'll be making a contribution and passing on the shoes. And I won't be one of the "same people" sitting in the cold come December for these. Grown men wearing these ugly $%% shoes? Really? Hahahaha. Lap it up, boys.

Then by all means dont purchase the shoe. But dont come in the thread and bash people for having their own opinion on the shoe. And why are you a "Grown Man" worrying about what another grown man is wearing? The whole DB series is a chance for kids with serious illness to design a shoe for Nike and for them to see people buy what they designed. The whole idea is to make a seriously ill child have a little hope with designing a shoe. So instead of bashing grown men for wanting to buy them, get the concept of the DB series and why they are designed the way they are. 

Originally Posted by UPandCOMING32

superman logo can be used on Nikes?....copyright infringement?

probably the weakest DB jordan release, imo
i'm sure its all legit unless air randy ran out of jordan flight tags 
my post has NOTHING to do with these being legit/fake...all i said was "Superman logo can be used on Nikes?" meaning since when can Nike use a copyrighted logo on their shoes? they had to scrape shoes in the past due to copy infringement...i wonder if Niek will shell out the $ to keep the SM logo on the tongue or just go to a basic ajIV tongue in superman colors

Originally Posted by freshnick

the vi's are the best so far..

THIS!!!

And the 3 wasnt bad either

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ the first grown @#% man I see wearing these.......And I was lookin forward to these......I agree they would look a lot better with black laces tho.....maybe change my mind when I see a lace swap but so far....|Im not feeling em at all.......oh well more money for BC3's and Concord XI's
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Fully Calibrated

Doernbecher IVs
sick.gif

tired.gif

I think they're fire. Much better than the III's. Like the Chaos color of the IV. I'm in, and will wear them. Do these drop on NDC?

superman logo can be used on Nikes?....copyright infringement?

probably the weakest DB jordan release, imo
i'm sure its all legit unless air randy ran out of jordan flight tags 
my post has NOTHING to do with these being legit/fake...all i said was "Superman logo can be used on Nikes?" meaning since when can Nike use a copyrighted logo on their shoes? they had to scrape shoes in the past due to copy infringement...i wonder if Niek will shell out the $ to keep the SM logo on the tongue or just go to a basic ajIV tongue in superman colors
i know man relax i used the wrong words sheesh 
laugh.gif

and it was a joke 

^ i am relaxed
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

i see everytime randy post pics youre gonna have a real/fake comment or "i am not ordering from him" comment...i still believe his shoes are 100% legit just like retail pairs...just sold "out the back door"....but im not making this into an air-randy thread

back to the shoes....

taking into account that a child designed these (at least somewhat), they're dope. I'd rock the !%%+ out of these if I was a kid. Not my style anymore though.

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

COPPING AS MANY AS I CAN TO RE-SELL.

WILL NOT WEAR.

VERY GLAD TO HEAR YOUR OPINION...... THOUGH

WHAT SHOES WILL YOU WEAR INSTEAD THOUGH?? MOCCASINS? FLIP FLOPS PERHAPS?

PLEASE TELL ALL OF US, WE'RE SO IMPATIENT.

Originally Posted by jhobson5

After reading through all the comments we are forgetting one big factor in this design...A child design these shoes and this is for a great cause. The shoe is supposed to be unique and different(a kid did design them)..Personally I love the shoe and will be adding them to my DB collection...The superman logo is a cool concept. 

Who made it shouldn't determine whether or not you like them. They were made with the intentions of being sold, people have the right to dislike these homie.
IMO, the best doernbecher shoes were the the nike free run's.

Spoiler [+]
nike-free-run-doernbecher-shelby-lee.jpg

Originally Posted by fearthenut

WILL NOT WEAR.

O.

OK.

wow. these look like a pair that would've been on those fake sites years ago that sold the spongebob dub zero's and burberry forces. Awful. The kids did an excellent job on the IIIs and VIs, but they misfired on this one. Easy pass.

Originally Posted by fearthenut

WILL NOT WEAR.

O.

OK.

THANK YOU.

Honestly, these are my least favorite DB Jordan.. but who am I kidding. I'm gonna cop. Might just let these stock in the closet for a while.. the background story always makes the shoe seem more appropriate.

^ i am relaxed
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

i see everytime randy post pics youre gonna have a real/fake comment or "i am not ordering from him" comment...i still believe his shoes are 100% legit just like retail pairs...just sold "out the back door"....but im not making this into an air-randy thread

back to the shoes....

i dont care about the shoes getting smuggled out 

infact i'm all for it

but the things i have been told about randy over the years are the main reason i would not trust him over any early release seller 
alot of the info i got from people in china and hong kong and some who used to do business with him stateside 

i'll keep these story's to myself and the few heads i told  

the concord deal has been going on with randy a long time 

its just the first time its come to light 

i dont trust him 

Im all for the Doernbecher cause, but these are some of the most god awful Jordans i've ever seen 
sick.gif

the rest of the DB collection looks decent to good, but these are EASILY the worst ive ever seen. Id rather donate the $200 directly to the hospital than to buy these monstrosities. 

and 160, you're a hyprocrite. you say the Air Mags aren't classics but these are? you're the type to gobble up anything with a Jordan logo. I bet if Jordan Brand came out with chacletas for charity, you'd probably buy those too. and to the rest of you buying a shoe intended for charity only for the sole reason of reselling them for double or even triple what you paid, shame on you 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by sthebest

Im all for the Doernbecher cause, but these are some of the most god awful Jordans i've ever seen 
sick.gif

the rest of the DB collection looks decent to good, but these are EASILY the worst ive ever seen. Id rather donate the $200 directly to the hospital than to buy these monstrosities. 

and 160, you're a hyprocrite. you say the Air Mags aren't classics but these are? you're the type to gobble up anything with a Jordan logo. I bet if Jordan Brand came out with chacletas for charity, you'd probably buy those too. and to the rest of you buying a shoe intended for charity only for the sole reason of reselling them for double or even triple what you paid, shame on you 
tired.gif
i am that type dookie 

These shoes are picture perfect proof that if you put LIMITED next to something they will be consider "fresh", "gotta cop", "first in line" whatever. If these were never released by JB and you saw some clown walking down the street wearing them you'd tell everyone you knew about these terrible fakes you just saw. I can't get behind this. There's better ways to support a cause than this. 

Back
Top Bottom