AIR JORDAN IV FROM THE IV/XIX PACK!!!!!!!PIX

Its like they give half of what you want, with cheaper material, and they up the price on you....... Nike Air is just as much of a feature as the colorway itself. Why should I settle for less?

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by 23collector1985

Hey sickkickz22,

You forgot one group of people that will be buying this pack... people like me...

34 year old collectors who have been obsessed with J's since 1985, who still have their OG IV's (beaters) and DS '99 retros, but want to have something that looks that looks extremely similar to the afore mentioned OG's and '99 retros so he can finally wear a pair guilt-free.

laugh.gif
Extremely similar? Do you need your eyes checked? Are you seeing what everyone else is seeing? Are you sure you're 34?
laugh.gif
it's sickickz23 BTW.
laugh.gif
Well good for you. Apparently you have no shame in rocking a pair that has fake attributes on the shoes along with the quality issues. But hey, do you man. Ima do me.(hate that saying btw). I'm fine with my 99's even though they aren't DS. But totally wearable. And I might be just one person, but this person will choose not to put those CD IV's on my feet. I'd rather wear a worn pair of 99's instead of a DS CD IV's. So do you bro. Keep fighting the good fight. Like that message on the CD box says, "never compromise."

Never compromise.
smh.gif
If you can't see the hypocrisy, then you must be a real Jordan enthusist to settle or not compromise with this pair.

And I'm younger, if you're wondering.
pimp.gif
I really like this guy, I believe he is my...

mini-me.jpg

laugh.gif

Hey sickkickz22,

You forgot one group of people that will be buying this pack... people like me...

34 year old collectors who have been obsessed with J's since 1985, who still have their OG IV's (beaters) and DS '99 retros, but want to have something that looks that looks extremely similar to the afore mentioned OG's and '99 retros so he can finally wear a pair guilt-free.

laugh.gif
Extremely similar? Do you need your eyes checked? Are you seeing what everyone else is seeing? Are you sure you're 34?
laugh.gif
it's sickickz23 BTW.
laugh.gif
Well good for you. Apparently you have no shame in rocking a pair that has fake attributes on the shoes along with the quality issues. But hey, do you man. Ima do me.(hate that saying btw). I'm fine with my 99's even though they aren't DS. But totally wearable. And I might be just one person, but this person will choose not to put those CD IV's on my feet. I'd rather wear a worn pair of 99's instead of a DS CD IV's. So do you bro. Keep fighting the good fight. Like that message on the CD box says, "never compromise."

Never compromise.
smh.gif
If you can't see the hypocrisy, then you must be a real Jordan enthusist to settle or not compromise with this pair.

pimp.gif

Man, I better sell off all my shoes and never buy a new pair of Jordans again since I've bought retro releases in the past four years.

...especially since it's now officially written law.

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

solezprogression wrote:

AirUpHere23 wrote:

I agree with you on the "stop buying" procedures which is why I'm not gonna get this package. But as an analogy, a product is a product
regardless of what type of industry it comes from. Does Coca-Cola stop using their cola recipe from generations ago because it's 2008? NO! Have they
made some alterations to their labeling and such? Absolutely! But the integrity of the product is still there. You don't hear people maaannn...Coke
tastes a helluva lot different than it did 15 years ago.
laugh.gif
The point
I'm making is that smart companies may make some alterations along the way but it shouldn't be to the extent that it starts to compromise the
integrity of what the company used to stand for which is why you have so many disappointed people with the way these shoes came out. But again...it is JB
here.
^^Mmmm... actually you couldn't be more wrong in your analogy. Coke has changed their recipe at least twice since they originally released
the product. And you will often hear older coke drinkers (from your parents' and grandparents' generations) talk about how it doesn't taste quite
the same as when they were growing up. Look it up.

yes, but even the 94 retroes and 99-01 retroes were just a bit different from the OGs, so they weren't "quite the same."

When Coca-Cola introduced the "new coke" some time ago, it got a negative response and they went back to the old formula, which we now know as
Coca-Cola Classic. Because JB has such large base of ignorant consumers who won't know the difference, and a following of sheep that respond to any release
with "baahaahaaaaha," and then go line up to buy, they are getting away with their "new formula."

remember this, every run will come to an end, the hype WILL die down, a new trend will snatch JB younger consumers, and... NIKE AIR WILL RETURN.

MARK MY WORDS...

^^^^^U're probably right. But, by the time Nike Air returns, it'll probably be too little too late.

Hey sickkickz22,

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
it's sickickz23 BTW.
laugh.gif

Never compromise.
smh.gif

pimp.gif

LOL! I can't even believe that it says "never compromise" on the CDP boxes. That's Hilarious! Man...JB/Gentry got a pair of balls toput that on there lol. Kids these day probably actually believe it too. I'm out of the loop these days since I stopped buying J's. I don'tsettle for JB "retro's". I'd rather have a pair of Nike Air Jordan Retro's. What happened to those? Oh yea...Gentry killed that gameback in '01. Anyway, all you people saying you're going to cop 10 packs...cop away. Because of you, we'll probably never see a pair of qualityretro's again.

Why do you guys want the exact same shoe as the OG?

If I paid $400 plus for some IV only to find out that they were going to be retored again I'd be pissed. If you want OG kicks get OG money and stopcomplaing.

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

If I paid $400 plus for some IV only to find out that they were going to be retored again I'd be pissed. If you want OG kicks get OG money and stop complaing.

Because we want to have a wearable pair of the shoe in it's rightful form. No OG IV is wearable at this point and probably only about half of the99's are wearable.

these are the same ones that were on jumpman23.com. i wish they had the og shape though, instead of the banana boats. i could care less bout the nike air

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

Originally Posted by solezprogression

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I agree with you on the "stop buying" procedures which is why I'm not gonna get this package. But as an analogy, a product is a product regardless of what type of industry it comes from. Does Coca-Cola stop using their cola recipe from generations ago because it's 2008? NO! Have they made some alterations to their labeling and such? Absolutely! But the integrity of the product is still there. You don't hear people maaannn...Coke tastes a helluva lot different than it did 15 years ago.
laugh.gif
The point I'm making is that smart companies may make some alterations along the way but it shouldn't be to the extent that it starts to compromise the integrity of what the company used to stand for which is why you have so many disappointed people with the way these shoes came out. But again...it is JB here.
^^Mmmm... actually you couldn't be more wrong in your analogy. Coke has changed their recipe at least twice since they originally released the product. And you will often hear older coke drinkers (from your parents' and grandparents' generations) talk about how it doesn't taste quite the same as when they were growing up. Look it up.

When Coca-Cola introduced the "new coke" some time ago, it got a negative response and they went back to the old formula, which we now know as Coca-Cola Classic. Because JB has such large base of ignorant consumers who won't know the difference, and a following of sheep that respond to any release with "baahaahaaaaha," and then go line up to buy, they are getting away with their "new formula."

The "old" formula? Which formula would that be? The "original" coke was made with actual cocaine, so that couldn't be the formulayou're referring to. As I've said they've changed their recipe several times, they just didn't change the name or notify people of it bycalling it the "new" coke. That time they made a miscalculation and paid for it. Had they done the same thing as in previous years, the avg.consumer would have been none the wiser and they could have gotten away with it. I'm not saying anything about Jordan's retros with these statements,all I'm saying is that dude ^^ is wrong in his analogy and he should think of something more accurate. That's all.

Hey sickkickz22,

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
it's sickickz23 BTW.
laugh.gif

Never compromise.
smh.gif

pimp.gif
Dude, grow up. Put a pair of og's and these retro's in front of any person on the street and point out the differences that you see, andthen ask them if, knowing about the differences, do the two shoes look "extremely similar." I guarantee that you will get a yes out of 99% of peopleyou ask. A few minute differences does not negate the fact that the retros are extremely similar to the OG's. Hell, even most fakes look extremelysimilar to the real thing. Its only us shoe collectors who make a hobby out of knitpicking at the details.

And by your standards, then that means everyone who has ever bought a pair of Jordan retros (especially in the past 4 years) has comprimised b/c none of themhave ever been exactly like the OG. Therefore, I take it that since you're up on your high horse that means you only have OG's in your collection? Ifnot, then you're a hypocrite and you need to stop judging people for wanting a shoe that is extremely similar (yes I said it) to the shoe they'vealways wanted, and which happens to be authentic despite your assertion that it has "fake attributes" (whatever that means).

Dude, grow up. Put a pair of og's and these retro's in front of any person on the street and point out the differences that you see, and then ask them if, knowing about the differences, do the two shoes look "extremely similar." I guarantee that you will get a yes out of 99% of people you ask. A few minute differences does not negate the fact that the retros are extremely similar to the OG's. Hell, even most fakes look extremely similar to the real thing. Its only us shoe collectors who make a hobby out of knitpicking at the details.

And by your standards, then that means everyone who has ever bought a pair of Jordan retros (especially in the past 4 years) has comprimised b/c none of them have ever been exactly like the OG. Therefore, I take it that since you're up on your high horse that means you only have OG's in your collection? If not, then you're a hypocrite and you need to stop judging people for wanting a shoe that is extremely similar (yes I said it) to the shoe they've always wanted, and which happens to be authentic despite your assertion that it has "fake attributes" (whatever that means).

roll.gif

First of all, a jumpman replacing Nike Air does not mean they're both extremely similar.
indifferent.gif
I can't ask people the difference btw the two, because I won't bebuying the CD IV's for the comparison. You can do that, and tell me what the responses will be. And don't cover the heel tabs.
laugh.gif

The whole compromise statement got you a little confused. There was no statement regarding "never compromise" on the retroes before the CD packagesexisted.

It's not compromising when there's virtually no wearable pair that looks like the original. It is however, a compromise when you SETTLE for the CDIV's, when there's plenty of wearable 99 black cement IV's out there.

(this whole "oh I'm afraid to buy 99 IV's because they might crack," is a little blown out of proportion too. I'll say it again there areplenty of wearable pairs from 99, you just have to search, and be patient. Now being afraid to buy 1989 IV's because they will crack, so I will settle forthe retro mars/militaries, is a different story however. Because that statement tends to be more factual.)
and which happens to be authentic despite your assertion that it has "fake attributes" (whatever that means).
I give up. If you don't know by now, you'll never know. You might be 27 and claimed to have been a fan of the Jordan legacy since day one,but you're still a sheep of JB. To only make matters worse, you're 27 too. I'd expect that from a 17 year old.
smh.gif

why not?

If I paid $400 plus for some IV only to find out that they were going to be retored again I'd be pissed.
I wouldn't, id be be glad for the opportunity to get some more pairs for retail.

The only bad thing would be that everyone and their mammy would have a pair...oh wait...nevermind... that doesn't apply to me because im a true sneakerheadand I could care less about what anyone else has.

"Why do you guys want the exact same shoe as the OG? "

well...um...hypothetically, if my OGs look...how they were designed, and the fakes look...not quite that way
i think i'd always want the shoe to look the same so it won't be mistaken for a pair of fake OGs instead of horrid retros.
plus, if you can't wear the retro, whats the point of changing the shoe design if the original design of the shoe is what had it highly praised in thefirst place?

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Originally Posted by Poofyo101

everyone that is saying they will pass will change there mind closer to release day

Believe that.
nah i dont believe it cause the release date can come and pass and i still wont cop

BELIEVE THAT

Hey sickickz23 (that better?)...

I love people like you who think YOUR OPINION is the only correct opinion.

I described MYSELF for you because you seemed to have omitted people like me in your "ever-so-wise"
frown.gif
list of people that YOU believe will bepurchasing the pack. I just wanted to let you know that there are others, like me, whom you had forgotten about. You then proceed to basically tell me myopinion was wrong and even debated my age. That's just straight up arrogant, my man.

I respect everyone's right to buy or not buy the pack and their reasons for each. I was simply stating my opinion. You cannot tell me, or even suggest,that I am wrong. You can DISAGREE with me, but you cannot suggest that I am wrong. It is MY OPINION.

Once again, I have my OG IVs and my DS '99 retros, and I want the CDP IVs to kick around in. You sure that is that OK with you??

Like another member posted, the average person on the street is not going to stop me and say, "Hey! Those are the CDP IV's... they look fake!" They are just going to see Jordans. The average person is NOT as analytical about J's as people like you. But beyond that... I don't care what otherpeople think. I buy what I like... period. I PERSONALLY don't care that much about the shape of the shoe, the slant of the mesh or the jumpman. To me,they are not SO off that I am disgusted by the sight of them like some others are. Again, maybe that's because I have my OGs and '99 retros already,either way... you can disagree with my opinion, but just remember... your opinion is not the RIGHT opinion, it's just YOUR opinion... and I respect that.

PS: Don't ever question whether or not I am a Jordan enthusiast, you don't know me. I wore my OG IVs to play varsity ball back in '89 ... wereyou even born then?

I described MYSELF for you because you seemed to have omitted people like me in your "ever-so-wise"
frown.gif
list of people that YOU believe will be purchasing the pack. I just wanted to let you know that there are others, like me, whom you had forgotten about. You then proceed to basically tell me my opinion was wrong and even debated my age. That's just straight up arrogant, my man.

I respect everyone's right to buy or not buy the pack and their reasons for each. I was simply stating my opinion. You cannot tell me, or even suggest, that I am wrong. You can DISAGREE with me, but you cannot suggest that I am wrong. It is MY OPINION.

Once again, I have my OG IVs and my DS '99 retros, and I want the CDP IVs to kick around in. You sure that is that OK with you??

Like another member posted, the average person on the street is not going to stop me and say, "Hey! Those are the CDP IV's... they look fake!" They are just going to see Jordans. The average person is NOT as analytical about J's as people like you. But beyond that... I don't care what other people think. I buy what I like... period. I PERSONALLY don't care that much about the shape of the shoe, the slant of the mesh or the jumpman. To me, they are not SO off that I am disgusted by the sight of them like some others are. Again, maybe that's because I have my OGs and '99 retros already, either way... you can disagree with my opinion, but just remember... your opinion is not the RIGHT opinion, it's just YOUR opinion... and I respect that.

PS: Don't ever question whether or not I am a Jordan enthusiast, you don't know me. I wore my OG IVs to play varsity ball back in '89 ... were you even born then?

Well said man. Being an old head too, I totally understand how you feel. To say we shouldn't buy this shoe because it's not an exact retro of theOG is ridiculous. And to call us sheep when we do is just plain hilarious. People like us buy the shoes because we have an actual history with the shoe. Notlike the younger guys who buy for hype and only know this shoe as the one he wore when he made "the shot". We were the ones buying them in '89because we loved the shoe and was a fan of the man behind the shoe. Not because it was cool to rock Jordans. I remember rushing to the mall to buy them so Ican wear them while I watched the All Star game
laugh.gif
and silly teenagestuff like that. I remember how Phil Jackson wore them during the playoffs when he was the Bulls assistant coach under Doug Collins. I doubt many if any ofthese young cats know that. I remember wearing them that whole summer like it was yesterday. THAT IS WHY I BUY THEM. Because of the memories. I was fortunateenough to be around then and have the OG's so I'm not going to complain that almost 20 years later I can't have the same exact shoe. So you guys goahead and get frustrated over the differences and quality while I wear mine and reminisce about '89 when the neighbors babysitter gave me oral pleasureswhile I was wearing them and then we watched Tales from the Crypt on HBO.
roll.gif

easssyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy passs plus i dont like the 19's heyyy money in my pocket bang bang bang..lol
roll.gif

Originally Posted by SHORTYtwo3

frown.gif
list of people that YOU believe will be purchasing the pack. I just wanted to let you know that there are others, like me, whom you had forgotten about. You then proceed to basically tell me my opinion was wrong and even debated my age. That's just straight up arrogant, my man.

I respect everyone's right to buy or not buy the pack and their reasons for each. I was simply stating my opinion. You cannot tell me, or even suggest, that I am wrong. You can DISAGREE with me, but you cannot suggest that I am wrong. It is MY OPINION.

Like another member posted, the average person on the street is not going to stop me and say, "Hey! Those are the CDP IV's... they look fake!" They are just going to see Jordans. The average person is NOT as analytical about J's as people like you. But beyond that... I don't care what other people think. I buy what I like... period. I PERSONALLY don't care that much about the shape of the shoe, the slant of the mesh or the jumpman. To me, they are not SO off that I am disgusted by the sight of them like some others are. Again, maybe that's because I have my OGs and '99 retros already, either way... you can disagree with my opinion, but just remember... your opinion is not the RIGHT opinion, it's just YOUR opinion... and I respect that.

PS: Don't ever question whether or not I am a Jordan enthusiast, you don't know me. I wore my OG IVs to play varsity ball back in '89 ... were you even born then?

Well said man. Being an old head too, I totally understand how you feel. To say we shouldn't buy this shoe because it's not an exact retro of the OG is ridiculous. And to call us sheep when we do is just plain hilarious. People like us buy the shoes because we have an actual history with the shoe. Not like the younger guys who buy for hype and only know this shoe as the one he wore when he made "the shot". We were the ones buying them in '89 because we loved the shoe and was a fan of the man behind the shoe. Not because it was cool to rock Jordans. I remember rushing to the mall to buy them so I can wear them while I watched the All Star game
laugh.gif
and silly teenage stuff like that. I remember how Phil Jackson wore them during the playoffs when he was the Bulls assistant coach under Doug Collins. I doubt many if any of these young cats know that. I remember wearing them that whole summer like it was yesterday. THAT IS WHY I BUY THEM. Because of the memories. I was fortunate enough to be around then and have the OG's so I'm not going to complain that almost 20 years later I can't have the same exact shoe. So you guys go ahead and get frustrated over the differences and quality while I wear mine and reminisce about '89 when the neighbors babysitter gave me oral pleasures while I was wearing them and then we watched Tales from the Crypt on HBO.
roll.gif

Thanks for your post, SHORTY. You do know exactly how I feel. I remember seeing Phil wearing the black IVs. He also still wore them during practice after hetook over as head coach.

For a lot of older (not calling myself old just yet lol) heads like us, it's more about the memories the shoes bring us, as opposed to analysingevery aspect of the shoe, right down to the last stitch. I don't need to do that. Like you said, we have actual history with the shoes. We lived thehistory. We wanted the shoes because we watched MJ tear up the league in the I's in '85, because we watched him win his first slam dunk contest in hisII's and second in his III's. We watched him struggle against the Pistons in his IV's and V's and wondered if he and the Bulls could ever beatthem. Then celebrated with him in our VIs when the finally did... etc, etc.. It's less about which way the mesh slants and more about the memory theyrepresent for me.

I don't need the shoes to be exactly the same as the OGs... I had/have the OGs. In 1986, I played in the seventh grade in my black/red AJKO I's,because my parents couldn't afford to buy me the leather ones. In 1987, I begged my parents to get me the II's, but they refused pay $100 for shoesthat I would probably grow out of in a few months (which led to my obsession with the II's and me having 14 pairs of them today). In 1988, I made my firstdunk at the age of 14 while wearing my white/cement III's (thanks to my grandparents for getting me those) I remember being on the court, playing in atournement and people yelling, "Yo, where did you get those shoes?!". In 1989, I won my first dunk contest wearing my IVs. In 1990, I won my seconddiunk contest wearing my Vs... etc, etc.

Long story short... I, personally, have a history with these shoes that goes beyond analyzing the size of the toe box or the slant of the mesh. They representmore to me than that. Yes, the quality has decreased in recent years, but I am just so happy that I am able to once again own shoes that, at the very least,resemble the ones I wore while sitting on my living room floor, glued to my TV, watching the greatest player in the league become the greatest player of alltime.

^ well said both of you. as i said earlier they're off but it aint that serious to be sittin up analyzin every intricate detail/difference and arguing withpeople about their opinions. and on another note... who the hell is going to play russian roulette with buying 99 iv's? some people have priorities. andofcourse we can buy a used pr.... but people are still od'in with the prices. i seen a pr that was wearable with rips inthe suede. son wanted 250+
indifferent.gif
people are really overcharging for beat prs.so why would someone spend 250+ on a beat pr when they can get 2 new kicks for 310? (xix can be a bball shoe)! oh i get it now.... buy a beat up pr of 99'sso elitists can say " yo son got the 99's on" 'he doin it son", "he aint a sheep like them dudes rockin the cdp iv's"
indifferent.gif
. honestly if i can find another pr of 99's in good usedcondition for a reasonable price... then i'll copp. until then i refuse to drop 200+ on a beat pr or 450+ for a pr that i can't wear.

Well said odiggidy, 23solecollector1985 and SHORTYtwo3. Some people are really starting to take this analysis of retro's a little overboard. Everyoneagrees that they aren't what they used to be. The point is, they are what they are... take it or leave it, but don't knock the next man for taking it.

Dude, grow up. Put a pair of og's and these retro's in front of any person on the street and point out the differences that you see, and then ask them if, knowing about the differences, do the two shoes look "extremely similar." I guarantee that you will get a yes out of 99% of people you ask. A few minute differences does not negate the fact that the retros are extremely similar to the OG's. Hell, even most fakes look extremely similar to the real thing. Its only us shoe collectors who make a hobby out of knitpicking at the details.

And by your standards, then that means everyone who has ever bought a pair of Jordan retros (especially in the past 4 years) has comprimised b/c none of them have ever been exactly like the OG. Therefore, I take it that since you're up on your high horse that means you only have OG's in your collection? If not, then you're a hypocrite and you need to stop judging people for wanting a shoe that is extremely similar (yes I said it) to the shoe they've always wanted, and which happens to be authentic despite your assertion that it has "fake attributes" (whatever that means).

roll.gif

First of all, a jumpman replacing Nike Air does not mean they're both extremely similar.
indifferent.gif
I can't ask people the difference btw the two, because I won't be buying the CD IV's for the comparison. You can do that, and tell me what the responses will be. And don't cover the heel tabs.
laugh.gif

The whole compromise statement got you a little confused. There was no statement regarding "never compromise" on the retroes before the CD packages existed.

It's not compromising when there's virtually no wearable pair that looks like the original. It is however, a compromise when you SETTLE for the CD IV's, when there's plenty of wearable 99 black cement IV's out there.

(this whole "oh I'm afraid to buy 99 IV's because they might crack," is a little blown out of proportion too. I'll say it again there are plenty of wearable pairs from 99, you just have to search, and be patient. Now being afraid to buy 1989 IV's because they will crack, so I will settle for the retro mars/militaries, is a different story however. Because that statement tends to be more factual.)
and which happens to be authentic despite your assertion that it has "fake attributes" (whatever that means).
I give up. If you don't know by now, you'll never know. You might be 27 and claimed to have been a fan of the Jordan legacy since day one, but you're still a sheep of JB. To only make matters worse, you're 27 too. I'd expect that from a 17 year old.
smh.gif

First of all, a jumpman replacing "Nike Air" does not mean that they are not extremely similar either. So what's your point? What I'm saying is that the shoe, taken as a whole, is extremely similar to both the '99 retro and the OG. Any lay person would agree with thatstatement. The only difference that a lay person would even notice is the replacement of "Nike Air" with a Jumpman. And like I said, even if youpoint that out, the average person would still agree that they're extremely similar (i.e., the differences are MINOR). And my point about "fakeattributes" is that it is a nonsensical term. Fakes have shoe laces too, does that mean that any shoe with laces has fake attributes? Or if I show you afake that is (even to your highly trained eye
eyes.gif
) indistinguishable froman authentic jordan, then that means that the authentic jordan has fake attributes? B/c that's basically what you're saying here.

And nobody is "settling" for the CD IV's. Maybe people want shoes that will last them longer than a pair of '99's. Maybe people havethe '99's already, but want these anyway to beat around in. And MAYBE people actually like the look of these (the shape and the jumpman) better thanthe '99's. See your problem is that you're starting with the %@#-umption that the '99's are aesthetically superior to these. That's avalid OPINION, but that doesn't make it true for everyone.

And like I said, by your own standards if you've ever bought a pair of retro's in the past 4-5 years then you too have "settled," so shutyour hypocritical mouth and quit judging people for wanting a pair of fresh kicks.

Back
Top Bottom