Air Jordan IX (9) Retro 2010 - Powder Blue / *UPDATED 4/16 - RELEASE DATE MAY 29

Anyone balling in these IX's???
Have read through past pages and am alarmed by the CARDBOARD.
I returned my rising sun XII's today because the carbon fibre part on bottom split while playing ball and got a
pair of these IX's as a replacement. As I plan on balling in these and going from ZOOM air in the XII's to cardboard in these shoes
I want to know what they are like to ball in before I unDS them.
Got offered a pair of FLU GAME XII's as a replacement but chose these instead and now I am thinking I made a mistake.

Picked up a size 17 off nike.com for 89.99 and then exchanged them at nike town in store for my size 10.5.  At first they told me I owed them 60 bucks because online prices are different then in store prices.  I told them they were wrong and  to read their own return policy and that I was not trying to return them for 150 store credit or anything like that, just an even exchange.  I knew they had to do it, but smh at these store managers who give customers, especially loyal customers a hard time, just so their end of the day totals aren't a little lower from a return that their policy states is legitimate, when the corporation they work for is worth billions.  And same goes for Footlocker etc.

Anyways finally re-laced them with thicker laces to look more like the OG.  They look funny with the skinny laces.  Tough to see in these pics but if you compare one with the skinny laces and one with thicker laces you can tell the difference.  Props to the first guy that brought this up and posted pics of his re-laced on here, you convinced me!

Thick Laces:

16m93l4.jpg

ip9p9k.jpg

^^^^^ They are dumb! Glad you got what you wanted. Why should people with huge feet only get the good discounts because their shoes dont sell. They should be happy you gave them back more shoe than you left with. If these corporations want to play the price game on a newer release, they should get what they deserve. I hope more people did what you did. Yes I know a large scale of sizes were available but larger sizes were available longer and generally always get special treatment.  

Got the laces at cvs for 1.99. Not the best laces but didn't see this type at footlocker or champs so i figured I would just grab them. The laces that came with the shoes are the ones I put in the middle of the shoes.

Originally Posted by ehbball88

Picked up a size 17 off nike.com for 89.99 and then exchanged them at nike town in store for my size 10.5.  At first they told me I owed them 60 bucks because online prices are different then in store prices.  I told them they were wrong and  to read their own return policy and that I was not trying to return them for 150 store credit or anything like that, just an even exchange.  I knew they had to do it, but smh at these store managers who give customers, especially loyal customers a hard time, just so their end of the day totals aren't a little lower from a return that their policy states is legitimate, when the corporation they work for is worth billions.  And same goes for Footlocker etc.

Anyways finally re-laced them with thicker laces to look more like the OG.  They look funny with the skinny laces.  Tough to see in these pics but if you compare one with the skinny laces and one with thicker laces you can tell the difference.  Props to the first guy that brought this up and posted pics of his re-laced on here, you convinced me!

Thick Laces:

16m93l4.jpg

ip9p9k.jpg

Thick laces are sweet on these, check mine out and good job on getting your size...

TheShoeKing23 yours are nice, if you hadn't originally brought it to our attention on here I do not think I would have re-laced mine. I like mine so much better now, but that is just my opinion, everyone is different. Your laces look thicker than mine. I wanted thicker ones, but just could not find them. Where did you get yours. They look like OG real thick laces from space jams or bred XI's. Even the newer retros of those are not as thick as their OG's

Back
Top Bottom