Air Jordan N/A OG 1 Heads Shoutout and Thanks (Not Release Related)

First off to the mods, sorry for the long unrelated thread. Just wanted to be seen quick. Want to extend a sincere thanks to all who have walked the long path of N\A OG 1s this year.Thread to thread has been enjoyable with each release and making friends (online anyway) has been a great experience. A quick background, I was 10 when i got my first Jordans. Mom got me some Royals for xmas and though i wanted of course bulls colors, they were out and i took the coolest they had. Bonded with that shoe and as i grew it became my beater even through the beginning of my skater years. Fell off the bandwagon a bit as it was costly and i lost interest with the mid cut. Later had 6's and 8's, etc.. While everyone was on the 11, I was in a different  direction. Quite frankly i was not into patent leather and nikes new idea of a basketball shoe. Time went by, bought and still have xiv's. Got drawn back with the xxi and since have been lurking ebay and other places to back track old shoes (old royals to be exact). Then news of the retro 1 with og treatment and im psyched starting with my royals (maybe a little mlc lol). Anyway, threads start, gettin excited, Chicagos come up and its a breeze. Saw them in person at fnl. After, im convinced royals will be a breeze. By this time, Im feeling aches in the shoulders and back more than usual though i have a physical job. Feb 14 Vday hits, excitement at its peak. Then D day. Sites are done. High tail down to Villa. 20th in line, gone. Royals just seemed like a ghost. Thread goes haywire. Resell prices start soaring with word that they just werent available. My shoe gone. Accepted defeat and thoughts turned to tracking some down. That night not good, feel pretty bad. Drag myself to work real early. Couldnt shake the feeling, left a note and headed for the hospital. Im pretty tough but knew i wasnt right. Drove there with a slight knot in my chest starting. Walked in, let the nurse know im not feeling good with back soreness and some chest tightness. Took me back, stripped, hooked up to crap, start iv. Guy comes and tells me either im having a heart attack or about to. No time for shock cause my brain processes what needs done at all times. Got prepped and sent in for procedure. Long story short, was scoped and ballooned through my wrist and up my arm to open a blocked artery, then had a stent placed. There Sunday morning, got discharged till Tuesday. In that time i had my phone and on NT as much as possible. In recovery i watched everyone fail the Italian site, the Aussie site. I couldnt call the overseas number. All the while i had no chance and lost all international methods. Victory came long after at a typical resell at the time but a kind soul from overseas hooked me up with a handful at a decent price that ill forever be grateful for. They truly are my grail. That said, everyone and NT in general has been there to keep me company laid up in the hospital (actually back in 2 weeks later) and just to be there to talk. Truly an outstanding community. I recovered and am strong and healthy. I do have family history but, at 37 (at the time), never gave it one thought. No matter who you are or how invincible you think you are, your not at every moment of the day. Enjoy the shoes you love, enjoy the great community that has been built here, enjoy the life you have been given and always keep in perspective the big picture. Good luck with yourselves and go get some pizza 
wink.gif

laugh.gif

NA 1s Gang fo lyfe!!!!!! :lol:

Seriously though. Glad everything is fine with you now and you were able to get those grails. Literally seemed like you wouldn't be able to either. Definitely happy for you

Glad you went and got that checked out with the quickness bro, never know when our number is gonna get pulled.

Good luck to everyone on the hunt over the next couple weeks

great story fam

still remember asking you for advice and help when I was shopping around for my pair

much respect to you and i truly appreciate what you offer to this forum 

Last edited:
Great story v8erman v8erman . This is one of the reasons I really love shoes. It gives me a healthier outlet when I feel like the real world is getting tougher. It gets easier to escape into a world of being my favorite player with what I put on my feet and give me a brief respite from dealing with the real world so when it's time to go back it's a just a bit easier.

Repped

I think thats what I really love about NT too. Sure it can be terrible at times but it can also be a community for a common love. Especially with these NA 1s, it's not just a 1 and done kind of release or once a year like the XIs. We would always see each other release after release for these 1s and basically been talking and hanging out with each other for an entire year whether a release was hyped or not hyped. I'm grateful for the great friends I have made here and proud to be a NTer. 

Thanks all, and no doubt ill probably never actually see anyone (and im not much for cyber chat room stuff) but just the screen name is enough to know you are in good company. Even if the changing avy throws me right off :lol:. Whoever quise(somethin) is, keep them hot blonds and backsides coming.

My goodness that was beautiful.

That royal thread was good times.

Oh and of course +1 OP

Last edited:
:lol: yeah you could say them royals broke my heart 2 days after valentines day.
the 718 truth the 718 truth yep and it goes to anyone, go get a physical. Get a checkup no matter your age. My pap had triple bypass at 40 (though had bad cirulation from amputation from ww2), dad had heart attack at mid 40s (though big smoker, poor eater). There is a hereditary thing that put me behind the 8 ball and i did alot to cause it. I am though at first glance in decent shape. 6" 225 and not fat. Not built but not fat. Very active. You just gotta be pro active with your health.

First off to the mods, sorry for the long unrelated thread. Just wanted to be seen quick. Want to extend a sincere thanks to all who have walked the long path of N\A OG 1s this year.Thread to thread has been enjoyable with each release and making friends (online anyway) has been a great experience. A quick background, I was 10 when i got my first Jordans. Mom got me some Royals for xmas and though i wanted of course bulls colors, they were out and i took the coolest they had. Bonded with that shoe and as i grew it became my beater even through the beginning of my skater years. Fell off the bandwagon a bit as it was costly and i lost interest with the mid cut. Later had 6's and 8's, etc.. While everyone was on the 11, I was in a different  direction. Quite frankly i was not into patent leather and nikes new idea of a basketball shoe. Time went by, bought and still have xiv's. Got drawn back with the xxi and since have been lurking ebay and other places to back track old shoes (old royals to be exact). Then news of the retro 1 with og treatment and im psyched starting with my royals (maybe a little mlc lol). Anyway, threads start, gettin excited, Chicagos come up and its a breeze. Saw them in person at fnl. After, im convinced royals will be a breeze. By this time, Im feeling aches in the shoulders and back more than usual though i have a physical job. Feb 14 Vday hits, excitement at its peak. Then D day. Sites are done. High tail down to Villa. 20th in line, gone. Royals just seemed like a ghost. Thread goes haywire. Resell prices start soaring with word that they just werent available. My shoe gone. Accepted defeat and thoughts turned to tracking some down. That night not good, feel pretty bad. Drag myself to work real early. Couldnt shake the feeling, left a note and headed for the hospital. Im pretty tough but knew i wasnt right. Drove there with a slight knot in my chest starting. Walked in, let the nurse know im not feeling good with back soreness and some chest tightness. Took me back, stripped, hooked up to crap, start iv. Guy comes and tells me either im having a heart attack or about to. No time for shock cause my brain processes what needs done at all times. Got prepped and sent in for procedure. Long story short, was scoped and ballooned through my wrist and up my arm to open a blocked artery, then had a stent placed. There Sunday morning, got discharged till Tuesday. In that time i had my phone and on NT as much as possible. In recovery i watched everyone fail the Italian site, the Aussie site. I couldnt call the overseas number. All the while i had no chance and lost all international methods. Victory came long after at a typical resell at the time but a kind soul from overseas hooked me up with a handful at a decent price that ill forever be grateful for. They truly are my grail. That said, everyone and NT in general has been there to keep me company laid up in the hospital (actually back in 2 weeks later) and just to be there to talk. Truly an outstanding community. I recovered and am strong and healthy. I do have family history but, at 37 (at the time), never gave it one thought. No matter who you are or how invincible you think you are, your not at every moment of the day. Enjoy the shoes you love, enjoy the great community that has been built here, enjoy the life you have been given and always keep in perspective the big picture. Good luck with yourselves and go get some pizza 
wink.gif

laugh.gif

glad u got better.....family and health first.....shoes 2nd....

Great story, glad u pulled through, only 1s i was able to snag is shadows and black gold 1s, golds are gone breds next and hopefully a pair of royals in the future

Back
Top Bottom