Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

Yeah I got money in parts of the market too, but it's never a bad thing to have more than one hustle. If I can make more then 10% return on something I'm going to do that. Plus it pays for my hobby which we all know get super expensive. Honestly I don't know how Nike makes money off me lol...everything I buy I apply multiple discos plus cash back. That rakuten 12% has been clutch lately ...spend long 5-600 on stuff I know I can sell back close to retail that was already reduced and then too it off with 20% military no brainier.....recently copped a bunch of 98s for like 60 a pair. Easily a double up once they disappear from sites.

air max 98 are getting resold for profit? amazing

Ya, my shock drop is not making it here on may 2, Im worried ill actually get an email saying it’s canceled as they over sold. Wont that be a b. Out of stock on shock drop

Last edited:
Yeah I got money in parts of the market too, but it's never a bad thing to have more than one hustle. If I can make more then 10% return on something I'm going to do that. Plus it pays for my hobby which we all know get super expensive. Honestly I don't know how Nike makes money off me lol...everything I buy I apply multiple discos plus cash back. That rakuten 12% has been clutch lately ...spend long 5-600 on stuff I know I can sell back close to retail that was already reduced and then too it off with 20% military no brainier.....recently copped a bunch of 98s for like 60 a pair. Easily a double up once they disappear from sites.

100% agreed. I dabble here and there doing that so I can tell my wife my collection costs us nothing ;-). I just don't work hard enough at it to be able to say that yet. Your hustle is definitely stronger than mine! Cleaning up the house she found her old beanie baby collection; they're valued from $100 to $400 now, so I'm working on that currently!

Game time decision for me. I want them but how bad do I want them? Will I even wear it?!!

I got a gs and men's size of these 5s, sold the gs cause my girl ain't like em for 195. With ndc military disco i only paid 118. 80 bucks off my pair that was 160. So my pair cost me 80 not even counting cashback on rakuten. I've been doing this for years to negate my costs on my collection.
Yeah, true... Cash on cash return is great; but absolutes are so low how meaningful is it. I dumped a bunch of money into index funds after the crash in March; may not be as high a return as 40% on shoe resell, but it's already in the green (with this nonsensical bounce back ;-) and delivering greater absolute cash flow. Heh. Anyway, not wanting to start a financial debate. If you're compelled to do so, your approach gets you free shoes, which itself is awesome!
I think you're both correct, it depends on your situation and the shoe in question. If you have a military disco, that makes it easier to make a solid return. Most of the stuff I buy, that they shock drop, I'm usually gunning for two pairs for myself, anyway. Even if not, I'm not getting nearly enough shock drop stuff to make that much of a difference to my bottom line to make it feel worth it to go through the hassle of selling it, shipping it out and then rebuying again on the regular release day. I'm with ya, pwguy pwguy , I'm already up a couple grand-plus from the money I threw into the market last month LOL. But $40 here, $40 there is still real money. It just doesn't work out a lot for what I'm doing that operating that way with sneakers is going to fund much of my purchases. It's certainly not making it so I'd be paying like only 50-60% of retail on the pairs I keep.

Going to start and beat up my 2013's. These things are tanks.
IMG_20200430_161801.jpg

I been doing the same as you, except I haven’t use Ramirez, nor do I have military discount.

I recently started shipping to jersey to avoid sales tax. NYC sale tax is horrible.

The newer releases for the most part are head and shoulders above the 2000s-early 2010s.. Grab a pair of the 2019 infrareds and I guarantee you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the comfort and overall attention to detail. The recent Concord and Bred 11s were about as good as it gets for a retro also. Some shoes still leave a little to be desired, but they’ve done a legit good job on a few of them.
Well that is good to hear. I sure would hope so with the price increases since I left. I know inflation and cost of living but still dayum! Like those Jordan 6 reflective for $225 retail I just saw :smh:

I think you're both correct, it depends on your situation and the shoe in question. If you have a military disco, that makes it easier to make a solid return. Most of the stuff I buy, that they shock drop, I'm usually gunning for two pairs for myself, anyway. Even if not, I'm not getting nearly enough shock drop stuff to make that much of a difference to my bottom line to make it feel worth it to go through the hassle of selling it, shipping it out and then rebuying again on the regular release day. I'm with ya, pwguy pwguy , I'm already up a couple grand-plus from the money I threw into the market last month LOL. But $40 here, $40 there is still real money. It just doesn't work out a lot for what I'm doing that operating that way with sneakers is going to fund much of my purchases. It's certainly not making it so I'd be paying like only 50-60% of retail on the pairs I keep.
Right it's just a little extra hustle. I own my own business and invest but in my free time I still like to hustle....I need the outlets to open back up, hoping they got alot of stuff out, once they do. May 12th here.

Last edited:
Mannnn these are FIRE in hand

anybody on the fence DO IT

I am pleased. Definitely much better quality than my grapes 😂

Not true at all. I recently ordered from Finish Line and it took 2 weeks to get my order. There are people that ordered from Eastbay that are still waiting for DMP shipping. Many websites are seeing unusually high traffic since stores are closed. I work in e-commerce as well and many places weren't prepared for the high volume in orders because nobody saw it coming.
How you gonna tell me what's not true with my experience. Re-read my post. Lol -I prefaced MY experience of my last 5 shoe purchases with "For me....". Bought 5 pairs from 5 different vendors the last 3 weeks. Only SNKRS/Nike "Shock Drop" has had this type of delay...IN MY EXPERIENCE! Most of us understand the logistical nightmare Covid19 has caused in just about all sectors BUT-Nike dropped the ball for a lot of customers on this one. You telling me they can't even click the mouse and print the f****in label in 11 days for a shoe they supposedly have in stock --and dropped early?? Then turn around and drop those Royal toes early with exclusive access...and my shoes from 2.5 weeks ago still in processing?? Nope! No Rona pass on this one SNKRS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom