Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

Man I’m so excited to take a fat ****ing L on Saturday even though everyone is saying they’ll be easy to get. Can’t wait for that feeling of having to pay resale let’s gooo
Yeah, I'm a little nervous with this being entirely online. I like to have a reservation in place at a physical store in case things don't work out online. I expect the retailers have spent the last month reallocating inventory from stores to warehouses in anticipation of these online-only releases, so the supply should be significant. But with so many people flooding the sites at the same time, there's bound to be chaos. I wonder if they will save some stock for the stores to sell when they finally reopen.

I know the 2019 Black Infrareds were an All-Star weekend release but if I can attempt to grab a pair on SNKRS, get declined due to fraud prevention, call my bank so the charge goes through and go back to SNKRS at 10:30 ish and get a pair, and on top of that stroll over to FTL on desktop and get my 2nd pair with ease, I'm not that worried about these. I know they won't sit but they definitely won't be an instant sell out imo.

Damn :ohwell:
Well one things for sure. I won’t be spending more than retail on ANY pair and will only get the ones I really like going forward. I see that idiot Gentry is still there hahah
The newer releases for the most part are head and shoulders above the 2000s-early 2010s.. Grab a pair of the 2019 infrareds and I guarantee you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the comfort and overall attention to detail. The recent Concord and Bred 11s were about as good as it gets for a retro also. Some shoes still leave a little to be desired, but they’ve done a legit good job on a few of them.

My men’s pair arrived today, along with my 2nd DMP

35993545-1010-41A0-A847-1FC69CA4375D.jpeg
64A230F8-B3C8-4CE1-81A9-A33F58931AD8.jpeg
F1477E51-07C8-448A-9001-9178C5784181.jpeg
F6B37209-078F-469F-B487-A85C47D17E48.jpeg
F7CBB7B9-21F9-4296-828C-7E77417AC1D5.jpeg

I’m not even trippin on the shipping time as long I secure the pairs I want Saturday morning. I still haven’t received the DMP 6s lol. Won’t b here til Monday.

For me getting thru on a shock drop has always been about just getting a pair and not having to worry about getting an L on release day. I could care less when they arrive as long as they're not canceled. The worst sit'n being RD comes and goes and they cancel my shock drop order and I have to pay resell. That's the only benefit (for me) of having them in-hand before RD.

In ll honesty if you ain't taking advantage of the early access and shock drops by selling them for a premium to get your pair for next to nothing yiur not doing it right 😂.... If someone's willing to pay that extra might as well be the one cashing in. Only makes sense since prices always fall hard and you can buy your pair much cheaper.

Except most of these GRs you barely make any money on after fees ($20-$30?). You'd have to get multiple pairs early and sell them to make a dent in the one you keep.

Except most of these GRs you barely make any money on after fees ($20-$30?). You'd have to get multiple pairs early and sell them to make a dent in the one you keep.
If you say so my guy.....I make minimum of 40-50 a pair, that's atleast 20-25 percent return on the money I put up.....usually Its more like 40-50% return. Safer than stocks and alot more than banks pay you to hold your money....

I got a gs and men's size of these 5s, sold the gs cause my girl ain't like em for 195. With ndc military disco i only paid 118. 80 bucks off my pair that was 160. So my pair cost me 80 not even counting cashback on rakuten. I've been doing this for years to negate my costs on my collection.

If you say so my guy.....I make minimum of 40-50 a pair, that's atleast 20-25 percent return on the money I put up.....usually Its more like 40-50% return. Safer than stocks and alot more than banks pay you to hold your money....

Yeah, true... Cash on cash return is great; but absolutes are so low how meaningful is it. I dumped a bunch of money into index funds after the crash in March; may not be as high a return as 40% on shoe resell, but it's already in the green (with this nonsensical bounce back ;-) and delivering greater absolute cash flow. Heh. Anyway, not wanting to start a financial debate. If you're compelled to do so, your approach gets you free shoes, which itself is awesome!

Yeah, true... Cash on cash return is great; but absolutes are so low how meaningful is it. I dumped a bunch of money into index funds after the crash in March; may not be as high a return as 40% on shoe resell, but it's already in the green (with this nonsensical bounce back ;-) and delivering greater absolute cash flow. Heh. Anyway, not wanting to start a financial debate. If you're compelled to do so, your approach gets you free shoes, which itself is awesome!
Yeah I got money in parts of the market too, but it's never a bad thing to have more than one hustle. If I can make more then 10% return on something I'm going to do that. Plus it pays for my hobby which we all know get super expensive. Honestly I don't know how Nike makes money off me lol...everything I buy I apply multiple discos plus cash back. That rakuten 12% has been clutch lately ...spend long 5-600 on stuff I know I can sell back close to retail that was already reduced and then too it off with 20% military no brainier.....recently copped a bunch of 98s for like 60 a pair. Easily a double up once they disappear from sites.

Back
Top Bottom