Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

Finally wearing these

56B63FD5-2D41-4265-953F-2FBFBBC2E3ED.jpeg

Please grab these. The 4s are trash. Terrible quality, poor shape, mismatched pairs, etc. These 5s are really nice all around. Yeah they aren’t 100% to the OG, but overall it is one of the better retros we have seen of any Jordan.

i concur.
4s were pretty dissapointing quality wise and comfort.

these fire reds in my top 5.

I sold my Fire Red 4s for a pair of Air Command Forces and I didn't regret it. The 4s are pretty to look at until you compare them to the OG that they are supposedly modeled off of. Don't even get me started on comfort (or lack thereof) and poor leather quality. The Fire Red 5s by far outclass them in every way honestly. Shame too cause they were my first OG colorway 4s but I just couldn't justify keeping them, all things considered

I think it just depends which model you like better. If you like both equally, the 5 was a better retro. I LOVE the way 5s look, however, I don't find I wear them as much as I find them a bit bulky. 4s on the other hand, I like a LOT more, so for me, despite the fact that the FR4s weren't done the justice they deserve, I wouldn't pass on them as I like the look on and off foot much better. So...it's really a matter of personal taste. All else being equal, the 5s for this release were no question better.

A4FDF5FC-AF41-4FB3-9500-2857138AD356.jpeg
About to make these my dailies for a month and beat them up some. Good lord, I sometimes forget how sick these are and what a great retro it is. People are sleeping big time. Not complaining in the least but it’s nuts how low these are still going for on resale. 🔥

This specific CW never resold for much, always got the other retros for relatively good prices.
True but I meant more in the context of the right now, where prices on so many things have gone utterly bonkers. You can still pick these up for not insanely more than retail even after things like SX fees, tax and shipping. But like I said, I ain't complaining about that. Just an observation that one of the best retros in a LONG time, a Nike Air OG no less, hasn't caught much attention.

True but I meant more in the context of the right now, where prices on so many things have gone utterly bonkers. You can still pick these up for not insanely more than retail even after things like SX fees, tax and shipping. But like I said, I ain't complaining about that. Just an observation that one of the best retros in a LONG time, a Nike Air OG no less, hasn't caught much attention.
They will eventually, I think. Even before "The Last Dance" resell was gradually rising across the board. 2016 Metallics sat like ducks cause people weren't feeling the $220 price tag, but over time they began to dry up at retailers and make their way online. Prices were steady for a while but gradually rose, then you combine hype from the documentary with DS pairs drying up and prices soared. Eventually when unworn pairs of Fire Reds aren't so plentiful these will rise in price. However, if they don't, I'm all for that. Means that people who genuinely want these at any point will be able to get them without having to drop like $400+ for them.

Back
Top Bottom