Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

I believe the next few releases will be easy to cop as everyone will be trying to catch up on bills and unemployment rates will still be high even if we get back to “normal”. I think the last thing people will do is buy sneakers. Us yea but your average American will be scared to spend for a while....

I believe the next few releases will be easy to cop as everyone will be trying to catch up on bills and unemployment rates will still be high even if we get back to “normal”. I think the last thing people will do is buy sneakers. Us yea but your average American will be scared to spend for a while....
Wow dude we posted the same thing. Said the same thing in the DMP 6 thread.

Can't say I agree. Heat is going to sell out quick no matter what.
Buyers/resellers going to jump on it just like people are investing in the market.
Money makes money and when people see opportunity they pounce.
Just saying don't sleep on anything popular thinking it's going to sit for a discount.
There are many factors at play; it's going to be interesting to see how this shakes out and how bad the economy winds up, and for how long. Up until this point, in my opinion, this is different from a traditional recession in terms of its root cause. If, say, things are a lot more "normal" by mid-summer, it's not hard to imagine the people who didn't lose their jobs and still have disposable income actually going a bit spend-crazy after being locked inside for months not spending on much other than necessities. I'm actually saving money since this started because I'm not going out doing anything; the only money I've spent for three weeks has been almost entirely on stocking up on food and drinks and things like that. And those are things I would've bought, anyway--the only difference is I've bought more in one or two shopping trips than I usually would. Just because I don't want to have to keep going to the store every week.
I'm not downplaying the seriousness of all of this and the economic impact ... like I said, it's going to be interesting to see where it lands.

The sneaker market will still be here but I do agree, popular colorway GR releases like this should be easy. There’s less buyers for sure and with all of the inventory being online it should make things even easier.
If we’re talking off-white or Travis then it’s business as usual imo. Everyone is still going for those.

Resellers that get backdoor stock won't have access. Small-time resellers make so little money off each shoe, they're unlikely to have the cash flow to be motivated to do this for now. More successful resellers with bots may still purchase to hold onto until demand recovers, but they'll need to be prepared to hold onto stock for a year or more to see any material return. Overall I think it should generally be easier, but if you want a shoe, I wouldn't wait if you have funds now.

Damn! Where are you getting the updated release dates from?
D8A95C5D-F162-48D7-B3F0-FB33D51C9403.jpeg

Might cop these off Stock X. Going for 245 in a size 10. After shipping you’re talking about $250, $50 over retail before taxes and having them a month “early”

Might cop these off Stock X. Going for 245 in a size 10. After shipping you’re talking about $250, $50 over retail before taxes and having them a month “early”

Seems fair. After tax for me, these will be like $220. I’m gonna wait it out to when they will actually release (hopefully won’t get pushed back more) as these will just rot in my closest to be honest, with no timeframe to UN-DS them.

most people that woulda bought these wouldnt have even worn them before the new release date anyway

That’s me for sure, it’ll just end up in my closet. I Still haven’t worn like my 72/10 and concord Jordan 11’s, so no rush in getting these.

Same boat. Lengthy goat/sx times had me okay with waiting until retail drop, but now that they’re delayed again I’m reevaluating..

I don’t really get what’s going on with these pushbacks. Clearly it’s corona related, but what’s the difference of a few weeks? It’s almost like Nike is in denial and thinks something is gonna be different a month down the road. It’s not. If anything it’s going to feel worse and consumers will be even more freaked out. I don’t see why they can’t release at least some of the stock online on schedule. Obviously I know nothing but I don’t really understand the logic behind this strategy and ongoing release delays. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom