Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

I’m hoping these will go on discount because of this whole corona stuff.( I can hope) the purple 1s I dint see that happening but possibly these because of the quantity produced?

really pissed rn. local retailer announced a surprise drop. i tried adding to cart but it kept giving me an entity error (app glitch probably or it's most likely sold out)

id probably make do and buy a second-hand pair instead, hopefully ill be able to find one months from now. still pissed though

Resale on these are surprisingly low.. s
not for 12.5.
Just looked and that size is $1000 which is $700+ more than the rest of the sizes. Wtf is up with that lol is that a rare size or something 😂😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ARK

Just looked and that size is $1000 which is $700+ more than the rest of the sizes. Wtf is up with that lol is that a rare size or something 😂😂

yeah it’s ridiculous. $389 on StockX too. Someone accepted my offer on there for $275 and the sale was cancelled. Bah!

Showing only one sale went down and only one pair available. Likely 12.5 going to be hard to find.

kickscrew is legit but they are located in hong kong

i took a chance on the packaging hopefully it will be safe to receive

$260.00 with shipping is a great deal since its weeks from release
i just ordered a pair

sizes 8 8.5 9 and 9.5 are left

Last edited:

kickscrew is legit but they are located in hong kong

i took a chance on the packaging hopefully it will be safe to receive

$260.00 with shipping is a great deal since its weeks from release
i just ordered a pair

sizes 8.5 9 and 9.5 are left
I can wait

pretty sure if I had these in my possession now I wouldn’t end up wearing them before I would if I ordered them on May 2

I can wait

pretty sure if I had these in my possession now I wouldn’t end up wearing them before I would if I ordered them on May 2
Same here... Can't let the excitement cause me to cave early. Surely these will set up like the majority of newer releases I've bought. Might get a wear and back in the box for several months...SMH!!!

Curious as to where current pairs in circulation are coming from right now. There's a good bit of pairs available.

Watching an old playoff game from 1990 and saw this.....

Attachments

• 2CAF34E0-29D2-450C-A713-35E6D9D3E52E.png
    2CAF34E0-29D2-450C-A713-35E6D9D3E52E.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 316
  • 2A1BED0C-3DC7-4916-8CB3-EAD065645D00.jpeg
    2A1BED0C-3DC7-4916-8CB3-EAD065645D00.jpeg
    530.8 KB · Views: 318
Even back then, a GR drop was being marketed as "limited edition"....amazing

That $125 retail price was lovely, these things shouldn't cost more than $175 nowadays (i know inflation, sourcing the materials, tooling for the moldings, blah blah blah)

i thought the originals had the 23 on the side...when did they start putting the 23 on the side?

Those were MJ's personal PE pairs that had the 23. The first time it was done for this colorway was in 2008 for the CDP pack. Although two years earlier, the black tongue fire red from 2006 was the first OG colorway GR to have this feature.

OG Black Tongue Fire Red’s were the only colorway with 23 on the side released to the public. The other 3 colorways were blank for the GR release however Mike rocked both the 3M tongue Fire Red’s and Black Metallic’s on court with 23. Subsequent retros of those 2 like the CDP and 2011 Black Metallics would have the 23 on the side. I personally prefer them without the 23 on the side but I do own the CDP pair of these with them on the side.

I don’t even know why they bother with the 23 when it’s always the wrong font. It’s nice to see they changed it on that top 3 pair.
Hopefully that’s a sign of things to come and they go with the og font once they retro the black tongue version.

I don’t even know why they bother with the 23 when it’s always the wrong font. It’s nice to see they changed it on that top 3 pair.
Hopefully that’s a sign of things to come and they go with the og font once they retro the black tongue version.

Don't care for the 23 on the side at all personally but the OG styled font is fresh can't front. Would only welcome it on the Black tongues

Back
Top Bottom