Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

5"s are my favorite
The great thing is most of them sit and i can grab on disco
But with these i will 100% for sure grab on RD
I'll grab a couple on RD then a couple of more on disco :D

But do you think these will sit? It’s a coveted og colorway so I can’t imagine then hitting disco, even if they aren’t an instant sellout.

But do you think these will sit? It’s a coveted og colorway so I can’t imagine then hitting disco, even if they aren’t an instant sellout.

Theyll probably sell out but there will be a high chance for anyone who wants them to cop. Jordan's aside from the 1 just don't sell out crazy.

I’m in for 5 at least. Maybe more. I’m clearing out room in my closet for this release. Hands down my favorite J.

8CAFDBD7-4CD1-4221-85B3-3349F95B6BF3.jpeg

They really need to put some effort into the 3M material if this next release is gonna be good. It killed the Metallic pair for me.

They really need to put some effort into the 3M material if this next release is gonna be good. It killed the Metallic pair for me.

"Effort into the 3M material" in what way? You mean the kind of glossy look their modern reflective material has?

I'll definitely grab these. I just need to find a way to preserve the soles until I wear them. I remember buying the Wolf Grey 5s, came back from deployment without wearing them and the soles were already yellow :smh:

I was excited about the black 2016 release, I would be super excited for these if they were gonna be Durabuck, to me a leather version isnt going to cut it, WC4 's just arent the same and neither will these. If they could bring back a White Durabuck I would be excited. back in the day these had hang tags that explained Durabuck and how to machine wash them, it was pretty awesome. thats the part of the nostalgia that I really liked and it just wont be there with these.

It is fine people just like to complain. Sure it didn't have that dull grey look that the '90 and '00 release had, but whatever 3M they're using now not only manages to reflect similarly to at least the '00 release, but it's also more durable and isn't prone to flaking and chipping like the past 3M.
we dont know that yet its only been a few years. after about 10 years we will be able to see if its prone to cracking.

im good with one pair really... i still have my 2013 pair in great condition that i hardly wear... it does have a mean crease on the toebox... im not even going to bother getting it out either lol

Yes, it's glossier than the OG for sure, however, out of context I don't look at them and think "wow these are crazy glossy...yuck"...I had these in '90, and this is my first retro of them; I would never have passed these up given the overall quality of this retro just for the tongue finish. That said, we each do what meets our needs!

If you passed on the 2016 black metallics for the tongue shininess you’re a nutt. One of the best retros ever, i doubt we’ll get anything much better than those. I’d bet the next time the black metallics come around they’ll have the 23 again too, which I don’t like except on the black tongues.

Back
Top Bottom