Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

DSG came through
FD760902-367B-48F3-B1A3-16E11C7C5080.jpeg

My pair from DTLR just got here. I was expecting to wait at least a week. I will definitely use them next time I'm after a release like this.

FTA order has now vanished when I go to Footaction.com! Wtf

There’s gotta be a glitch b/c an order for a completely different pair of shoes disappeared on me. I don’t think it’s necessarily related to just the V’s.

My pair from Richards is 1000x better than my shock drop pair (which arrived one day earlier despite the 2 week head start on the order). That pair had mismatched toes and leather. Glad I was able to get multiple pairs.

just wear em, you'll forget all about these little imperfections after the first scuff

For sure. I just find Nike QC so comical, that they let things like this pass. It's a complete 180 from my Made in the USA New Balances.

fellas, just be glad your pair doesn't look like mine from the shock drop. lol

I don't mind the crooked NIKE, but the broken missing stitch on the left pair sucks.

20200506_112141_resized.jpg

20200506_112145_resized.jpg
just wear em, you'll forget all about these little imperfections after the first scuff
My OCD would have those boxed up and returned to Nike with the quickness LOL.

In other news, FedEx is lying to me about my BSTN pair. I won't be getting them today, even though FedEx tracking says expected delivery by an hour ago. The rest of the tracking says the package is now in Frankfurt, after apparently taking 24 hours to move there from Munich. Not BSTN's fault, just dopey-*** FedEx info. It could still be possible to get them tomorrow, if they still today get on a plane direct to L.A. You gonna have to wait, spoonmanofthehour spoonmanofthehour :lol:

btsn pair and one of my FNL pair came in. these are just pics for reference so we can see the QC consistency for this release. id rate my pairs qc a 10/10 on one pair and a 8.8/10 for the other. the toebox on left shoe is a little more wrinkled than the other 3 shoes and there is a thread that was not tucked between the upper and midsole on the lateral side. hardly anything to complain about though, very happy with the quality, shape, smell and overall presentation of this release. a classic for sure and did the OG justice in my book.

F13F64BA-BE94-469E-A2ED-AFA54854CA2C.jpeg

D928EFDD-22CB-487B-8104-6A38CD1A5F83.jpeg

834801A4-2D3E-4795-9A30-752DAA28273F.jpeg

536D448B-C2E1-4E21-BBE1-B21EEF16D11D.jpeg

Just got my SOTF pair delivered via DHL. Truck was totally stealth as I didn't even hear it. Checked my tracking and it showed delivered. Had then waive the signature required and to leave at the back door behind the F-Type. Not bad ordered Friday night and delivered Wednesday...from Italy!!! And that big box next to the shoes? The store's own box they ship in. Reminds me of the old End Clothing boxes. Good company I will use in the future.

THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!
IMG_20200506_145230.jpg

The leather is so soft as is the toe. Light years ahead of the prior Vs with the steel toe. And for anyone wanting to know, yes these are TTS! If you want a little wiggle room (I need it or my toes go numb) then TTS is good. If you want that super snug fit, yeah size down a half.

But since I messed my size up on my old 2000 pair (which I still have and will get photos of them together) by going down half size to prevent creases, I stayed TTS. Now, being older I don't give a darn about creases! And these will be creased!

Now to look for some small 1" embroidered "23" that I can add to the side.

fellas, just be glad your pair doesn't look like mine from the shock drop. lol

I don't mind the crooked NIKE, but the broken missing stitch on the left pair sucks.

20200506_112141_resized.jpg

20200506_112145_resized.jpg

personally, for the amount of money that these shoes cost the NIKE AIR on the back should not be crooked like that. if you have the opportunity to exchange, i would. at the very least that would be considered "B" grades and worst case will have people questioning authenticity of the shoe. it is a big qc flaw, not just for people who are OCD.

My initial first impressions after taking a nice long look at these is that these are best retro 5 since the OG and I’ve been around for all of them. They’re far more sleeker and aerodynamic like they should be. The leather is nice and soft and not even all that shiny in person (was worried). To me if you’re a real fan of this model and this colorway in particular then these really shouldn’t warrant any real complaints other than the shiny tongue IMO. They’d be a 10/10 had they matted out the 3M tongue but since they didn’t I have to say these are like a 9.8/10 at the least. JB pretty much nailed these. If you know you know. Glad I doubled :pimp:.

Got an order confirmation letter from FTL yesterday and just got my cancellation letter an hour ago. Fml! Anyone ever email them back complaining? Maybe I can get $20 out of this. Lol
they didnt give me ****

Back
Top Bottom