Air Jordan V retro OG - Nike Air - Fire Red/Silver tongue - May 2, 2020

I was pleasantly surprised that the shiny leather coat dulls out, almost completely, after manyyyy wears. The leather gets super soft and the creases beautifully. Definitely a shoe that gets better and better with wear-I wore my 2006 grapes to the ground and they never broke in like this.
B0D4C467-C2D9-4232-A254-BFA388313E70.jpeg

Anybody’s allready yellowing even with DS in plastic bags by the way do plastic zip lock bags work for preserving ?

I’ve been using zip-lock bags for over a decade and to me it works/helps for preserving my collection. Most of my pairs that are at or almost 10+ years old are still in great condition and I feel the zip lock bags helped. A lot of people speak against this but it’s always seemed to work for me and I feel like it prolongs the life of my pairs vs them sitting in the box being exposed to humid air and dust particles. I’m pretty OCD prone when it comes to how I store my sneakers for the long haul. They all get bagged.

Last edited:
Anybody’s allready yellowing even with DS in plastic bags by the way do plastic zip lock bags work for preserving ?
I folded the black wax paper or whatever it is and have my shoes sitting on top of it, and they've been fine. As far as I can tell neither pair has started yellowing on the netting or sole but like dhtowng dhtowng said using ziplock bags and keeping them away from humidity helps a great deal. And even then, it isn't mandatory. Just keep em away from constant light and humidity and you'll be fine.

[EDIT: fixed for formatting issues]
20210429_165938.jpg
20210429_170220.jpg

Last edited:
Like what goes thru ones mind after pair 12? “Hmm... need one more”

It was more like they have a 12.5 get it! They have a 13 get it! Oh it’s cheap here order one!

It’s my favorite Jordan of all time. I could do without any other Jordan honestly.

The 5 in this color way is my favorite. The white upper and the red teeth accented off that black midsole. The Nike Air on the back, the lace lock, the clear sole. It’s a perfect combination. I like how the black sole hides the stitching on the toe too.

I remember it still in Math class during high school. A kid sat one row over on my left and 3 seats in front of me. I was mesmerized. By the time I go to the store to get a pair the 6 was out and I missed my chance.

Last edited:
It was more like they have a 12.5 get it! They have a 13 get it! Oh it’s cheap here order one!

It’s my favorite Jordan of all time. I could do without any other Jordan honestly.

The 5 in this color way is my favorite. The white upper and the red teeth accented off that black midsole. The Nike Air on the back, the lace lock, the clear sole. It’s a perfect combination. I like how the black sole hides the stitching on the toe too.

I remember it still in Math class during high school. A kid sat one row over on my left and 3 seats in front of me. I was mesmerized. By the time I go to the store to get a pair the 6 was out and I missed my chance.

Wow, damn, much respect brother. I also have this shoe in high school in 1990. I was up on maybe four or five pairs, you’re 13 is definitely the trump card baby.

Back
Top Bottom