Air Jordan XII Flu Game (PICS) 7/29 NEW UPDATED PICS!

Originally Posted by evisumane123

these things are so sick theyll make u catch the flu, haha im too corny
pimp.gif
yes that was quite corny but I
laugh.gif
a little after readingthat

Originally Posted by ryandub

Originally Posted by RICO7JT

RYAN - Where did you cop them from ???

My best friend is in the NBA and we have a guy we call to get everything early. We make the call tell him the size we want and it arrives at my door. I think he just charges it to his Nike endorsement deal which is somewhere around 30K and like I said he's in the NBA so he's paid and rarely uses it. I usually get 10-15K in Nike/Jordan brand per year
Pretty sweet, my cousin used to model for nike and she could order anything she wanted, i got a nice chunk of my kicks collection that way. Iwished she still mideled for them.

Originally Posted by CityFly

Idk If I Should Cop On Rd Or Wait & See If These Sit On Shelves Like The Nubucks XII's
THEY PROLLY WANT CAUSE ALL THESE NEW HEADS WILL PROLLY THINK THEYRE OGs AND TELL ALL THEYRE FRIENDS ABOUT THEM BUT I DO KNOW FOR SURE THEY WONTSELL OUT THE FIRST DAY

I can't tell you who he is... he plays for the Pacers though. I also have good friends on the Cavs and Heat. The guy from Nike came to the Wizards vsPacers game last night and came out to dinner with us after. He said he'll send us our Spacejams soon I'm pretty hyped about it.

im realing feeling these. the shape looks on point on jumpman23.com. they look alot better than the wht/red xii coming out in dec. i will just get one pair,but these are
pimp.gif
imo. if i could cop for retail now i would but everyone who has them wants at least 200 shipped. buyers beware of vmvinc.com. they areadvertising b-grades on there website. the heeltab is almost missing the j in jordan.

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

Ryandub so you know a few players and they send you shoes but you dont play?
No, I'm just under 6'ft so I decided to focus on school more and got myself through college. I always play in pro-am tournaments buthaven't played since I busted my knee in Kansas City during an August Pro-Am game. I was out in LA with a few players this summer and played some pic-upgames with Lamar Odom, Paul Pierce, Danny Granger, Jason Kidd, Corey Maggette and a few others. It was more entertaining than regular season NBA basketball

No, I'm just under 6'ft so I decided to focus on school more and got myself through college. I always play in pro-am tournaments but haven't played since I busted my knee in Kansas City during an August Pro-Am game. I was out in LA with a few players this summer and played some pic-up games with Lamar Odom, Paul Pierce, Danny Granger, Jason Kidd, Corey Maggette and a few others. It was more entertaining than regular season NBA basketball

Post Pics/Vids or it never happened.

Originally Posted by bobyelenak

No, I'm just under 6'ft so I decided to focus on school more and got myself through college. I always play in pro-am tournaments but haven't played since I busted my knee in Kansas City during an August Pro-Am game. I was out in LA with a few players this summer and played some pic-up games with Lamar Odom, Paul Pierce, Danny Granger, Jason Kidd, Corey Maggette and a few others. It was more entertaining than regular season NBA basketball

Post Pics/Vids or it never happened.
LOL CO-SIGN

Originally Posted by northsideboss82

These things are too ashy for my taste,and anybody that thinks that this suede mess is better than the OG,s,must be in between 10-20 years old and havent had the pleasure of owning a pair of og 12,s,you wouldnt even wanna look at these if you did,by the looks of the actual pictures by the actual consumers that are on here,and not the pictures that have been posted by the websites that are trying to sell them,the suede on these look like that crappy suede that was on the black cat 3,s,and the black suede 4,s,that came with the nice michael jordan The Shot May 7,1989 poster,the black suede on them 3,s,and 4,s, i copped collected so much dust to the point it turned super white ashy over time,even cleaning them over and over with suede cleaner didnt do them justice,and mind you,i rarely wore those shoes,they didnt go through hardly any wear and tear either,with that being said,i hate suede shoes that are made with cheap suede that are dust magnets,i know the young sneaker heads have to learn like all of us,but if your perticular with your shoes always being and looking clean then your going to regret copping these dust magnets,your better off copping the white/red,you cant never go wrong with leather over suede,but to each its own,im an older sneaker head,and the only suede shoes im copping are the black/red 6,cause thats the closest thing i can get to the classic black/infrared that i had when i was a little man,but im still on the fence with those cause i wanna see more consumers pictures so i can see the type of suede that they are made with,and the spacejam 11,s,and white/black 6,s,and white/red 6,s, are a good buy,s also,you just cant go wrong with leather or nubuck that were on the og,s, or that were on earlier retros,that doesnt get so ashy by just looking at them,but that suede looks really ashy and ugly after a long period of time,but its time for yall to learn like i did,easy pass like brett favre on these for me,good luck on the dust magnets my friends.
wink.gif

if they are made with the same suede as the nubucks that just released these should be fine. idk if they are the same, but its real easy to keep the nubucksclean. i just use a lint roller and it makes them look new again. mine wont get that dirty because i got so many pairs of j's that i wear, and they hardlyever get dirty. ive been waring j's since 1991(og infareds) and i dont like the bred 12 that much. the shiny black leather is really tacky. imo they onlylook good to hoop in. i think these suede ones look more classy and casual but that s just my opinion. if jb drops something i like, then i buy them.

These things are too ashy for my taste,and anybody that thinks that this suede mess is better than the OG,s,must be in between 10-20 years old and havent had the pleasure of owning a pair of og 12,s,you wouldnt even wanna look at these if you did,by the looks of the actual pictures by the actual consumers that are on here,and not the pictures that have been posted by the websites that are trying to sell them,the suede on these look like that crappy suede that was on the black cat 3,s,and the black suede 4,s,that came with the nice michael jordan The Shot May 7,1989 poster,the black suede on them 3,s,and 4,s, i copped collected so much dust to the point it turned super white ashy over time,even cleaning them over and over with suede cleaner didnt do them justice,and mind you,i rarely wore those shoes,they didnt go through hardly any wear and tear either,with that being said,i hate suede shoes that are made with cheap suede that are dust magnets,i know the young sneaker heads have to learn like all of us,but if your perticular with your shoes always being and looking clean then your going to regret copping these dust magnets,your better off copping the white/red,you cant never go wrong with leather over suede,but to each its own,im an older sneaker head,and the only suede shoes im copping are the black/red 6,cause thats the closest thing i can get to the classic black/infrared that i had when i was a little man,but im still on the fence with those cause i wanna see more consumers pictures so i can see the type of suede that they are made with,and the spacejam 11,s,and white/black 6,s,and white/red 6,s, are a good buy,s also,you just cant go wrong with leather or nubuck that were on the og,s, or that were on earlier retros,that doesnt get so ashy by just looking at them,but that suede looks really ashy and ugly after a long period of time,but its time for yall to learn like i did,easy pass like brett favre on these for me,good luck on the dust magnets my friends.
wink.gif

Geez dude. I appreciate your opinion, but ever heard of a period? I read your paragraph, but I almost regret it.
laugh.gif

Point is,these are trash,when something stains that suede just cause your looking at them,think about what i suede,and classy,these arent,and you talk about your an og jordanhead,im not stupid,your not 29 and up talking like that my friend,nobody in there right mind whos had a taste of og jordans,or early retro jordans cant possibly think that,you fail for lying,if you like these dust magnets,go ahead and waste your money on them and think there classy,but trying to convince others that there better than og,s,or that there better than the first retros,your wrong strongly wrong my friend,sit up in your local store or do a poll on it offline and online,your opinion will have an epic fail,especially with older heads who had the og,s like myself,its no comparison buddy,just convince yourself over and over inside your mind that these look good cause you dont have a og pair,or a first retro pair,and just cause there the closest thing youll get of the shoe by todays standards,but stop lying to yourself,cause you dont sound sane.
laugh.gif

your right im not 29, im 25 and i always had the gr og j's when they first released. your a pretty emotional 29 year old
roll.gif
maybee you should focusmore of your time on life instead of flaming people on nt. theres alot of og j's i dont like. most of them 14-22. the xx3 was clean though. these cost 150,og's or retro bred xii cost 250 ds. if i really liked them and thought i would wear them i would buy them. i only buy shoes that i wear, and most of my dsj's i got are multiples. theres plenty of og sneakerheads that have diffrent opinions than you bro.

Well despite the nay-sayers I love the shoe and the concept and I will be copping more than one pair.

Something tells me these are gonna sit just like the nubucks did. I'm personally not copping... never was a fan of the 12's for casual purposes.

Point is,these are trash,when something stains that suede just cause your looking at them,think about what i suede,and classy,these arent,and you talk about your an og jordanhead,im not stupid,your not 29 and up talking like that my friend,nobody in there right mind whos had a taste of og jordans,or early retro jordans cant possibly think that,you fail for lying,if you like these dust magnets,go ahead and waste your money on them and think there classy,but trying to convince others that there better than og,s,or that there better than the first retros,your wrong strongly wrong my friend,sit up in your local store or do a poll on it offline and online,your opinion will have an epic fail,especially with older heads who had the og,s like myself,its no comparison buddy,just convince yourself over and over inside your mind that these look good cause you dont have a og pair,or a first retro pair,and just cause there the closest thing youll get of the shoe by todays standards,but stop lying to yourself,cause you dont sound sane.
laugh.gif
arguments like this general one always make me
laugh.gif

Because I don't feel like 1. making this a long post and 2. getting into an argument over a pair of shoes I'm still on the fence about and will be LONGpast the release, I'm gonna try and keep this short.

Just because the OG's had leather doesn't make them better, at all...please don't think that. The leather did give them a certain look along withthe true red(I believe it was true red on the OG's, correct me if I'm wrong) that "we" love and"desire" don't get me wrong. I still remember the first time I saw them in the playoffs in 97 andwanting them, after deciding I didn't like them all that much before when I saw them in the store, they have this undenyable allure to them that attractsyou. With that said, I use "we" and "desire" loosely because I'm not in that group that loves and desires them, I'm just in thepost because we're talking about a nice overall shoe/color combination and the 12's happen to be one of my favorite models.

Call me crazy if you want, but for me black leather doesn't appeal much to me when you can use nubuck/duraback uppers, or at the very least suede as I sawwith the recent 12's that came out. Some shoes(such as the 8's and 5's for example) should NEVER use black leather, it just wouldn't work. Why?because the leather changes the look, appeal, and just imagining how most of my nubuck/duraback/suede based shoes feel compared to my leather based shoes ofthe same set, it changes the feel of them overall, and I may be a little biased here but I prefer the feel of nubuck/duraback/suede on my shoes. The same way Isaid the 5's and 8's shouldn't have leather I would give you the argument the 12's shouldn't have suede, just like 11's shouldn'thave anything other than a patent leather/patent leather based upper, and that's fine with me.

Now with that said, we haven't seen leather on authentic pairs of the 5's or 8's to debunk my theory, but we have seen nubuck and suede used on the12's, and a lot of people, including myself, stood corrected after seeing the outcome. People have opinions, and those opinions can change over time, andsome actually do excercise that ability to change contrary to what you may believe. Forgive him and me, but the look of the suede on the black/red 12'scoming out can be nice, and honestly I feel for casual wear they look better, as in I would prefer the suede over the leather look on my black/red 12's.That does not mean him, I, or anyone else will go trading OG 12's for these when they come out, the quality of materials used is just not comparable by anystandard, the suede used now compared to the suede that would've been used in 97 is a joke, and the same would be said for the leather for that matter. Allwe have said is the look of the suede on these black/red 12's is better than the leather used on the OG's/first retro run, and that is completely truein my opinion, there is nothing you could say to change my mind, it just is what it is. As it was mentioned before somewhere, if the OG's used suede/nubuckand these used leather, there would be a lot more of an uproar about it, I would guarantee it.

now WITH THAT SAID(this is getting longer and longer
laugh.gif
), I don'tconsider these retro's of the Original black/red XII's, don't ask why I just don't see them the same, quite possibly because they are not thesame. *ah we got him, he just admitted they're not the same, so what the hell is he talking about now, dumb #%#*...no...my point is just because they arethe same color scheme as what we saw before, they are not the same. I would compare these to the differences in the CDP XIV's and the black/red "lastshot" XIV's, very similar from afar but just not the same, most notabaly to save time, the use of white in these 09 black/red 12's when that wasone of the unique qualities I found of the OG black/red XII's. Just like we don't say anything about the CDP XIV's being changed from the black/red"last shots", these are just a new type of 12 that resembles a pair from before, and nothing more.

I'm done now, I went on a lot longer than I planned, but I had to say that
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom