Air Jordan XIV Retro - 'Last Shot' - CONFIRMED - December 2011

^^Those look really good and should definitely be an easy buy after the holidays on discount, see no reason not to get them.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

happy.gif
 More pics.  
Only thing I didn't like is how they changed the sockliner, but they are still a go for me.  I trashed my 2005's, and these are up to par because the smooth suede reminds me of the OG's. 
But isn't it a good thing though? The OG's sockliner was like this wasn't it?

Originally Posted by smoothrick007

Not exactly, close.  The OG sockliner was closer to the 2005 retro, they were "fuzzy"... But still nothing serious.  I'm happy the way these were made. 
Pic of the OG

air-jordan-xiv-last-shot-og-on-ebay.jpg

^^^^ Ooooh, cause I held an OG pair of the white/reds at a sneaker summit and the sockliner was like this 2011 retro but obviously in white.
I guess I figured if the white/red had it, then the black/red would too. My bad haha.

Still have my OG pair from 99 in good condition but the midsole and forefoot "teeth" crease like a @*%$%. I expect the retro to do the same. I like the perforated sockliner, that's a sweet touch.

Damn, these do look good. I always like the cut of these. Not really a mid but not a low either.

14s were such a dead release back when they were last retro'd. The Chartreuse were something worth getting

Originally Posted by KRAYZIE47

Why would anyone buy these when you can still find the 05's for decent prices? :shrugs:

Same with Cardinals

And with the III's and Concord's they'll go on sale.

Unless some parents miss out on the III's and Concord's and then try to pass these off to their kids
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by smoothrick007

Not exactly, close.  The OG sockliner was closer to the 2005 retro, they were "fuzzy"... But still nothing serious.  I'm happy the way these were made. 
Pic of the OG

air-jordan-xiv-last-shot-og-on-ebay.jpg

Didn't have the '05's, but how was the sockliner closer to them than these new ones? I'm looking at my White/Red XIV OGs and the sockliner looks the exact same as these retros, just in white (which is not close to the CDP XIVs I have).

Originally Posted by thapointguy

Still have my OG pair from 99 in good condition but the midsole and forefoot "teeth" crease like a @*%$%. I expect the retro to do the same. I like the perforated sockliner, that's a sweet touch.

The OGs are well known for the awful quality of the "teeth," but apparently that isn't an issue with the retros, which had better build quality? Bottom line is that any polyurethane foam will crease with wear. It's pretty much an inevitability of sneakers like this.

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by ccastro02

Easy pass for me. Was never a big fan of the 14's.

Only because you haven't hooped in them. Easily, in my top 3 hooping shoe ever.
I have the black and white 14's from when they came out in 05'. The design of the shoe never intrigued me.. But you are right though; For basketball purposes they are hella comfortable. But i bought those on sale for  $90. Unless these go on sale for a far lesser price, im def passing on these.

Originally Posted by KRAYZIE47

Why would anyone buy these when you can still find the 05's for decent prices? :shrugs:

Becasue retailers will buy them anyway. Once Nike get paid, they don't care what the retailer has to do to sell the shoe.

What would they do otherwise? Order Reebok?

Nike are the only game in town, and can do whatever they like.

YESSSSS! glad to see they changed the heel tab back to black I wasn't too happy with the red being there in the early pics. These will be had, and my wallet will take a serious pounding for the holidays
sick.gif

Yeah All 14s this year will be copped on sale

I expect these to get the AJIX/AJVI Varsity Red 2010 Retro treatment

They'll sit for about 6 months

14s are the best jays i've ever balled in, if the quality is on point, might buy a pair to play ball in and rock

Back
Top Bottom