Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

Sorry to ask again, but did you get the same size in both the HD2013's and the SE? I have to order online and can't try these on first, so just want to check if the sizing is the same.
Yes I got the same size. These fit closer to TTS thank HDs for my foot though. My HDs are also TTS but I have a slight bit more room and that's probably due to the way they're built differently ... But TTS is the way to go I would say.

I was lucky enough to be able to walk into champs and try on the Xmas pair when I went back to GA for Xmas. Otherwise I usually go TTS if I'm not sure or don't already know I need to size up or down because I have no shoe stores here that get these or limited quantity kicks

has anyone experienced heel cup slippage on these?

i feel same way, not that secure in heel. for some reason, the laces are really short and i can't lace them as tight as i want. hopefully, it won't be an issue when i play in them.

Hopefully FNL allows that double dip like they did the solids last weekend. All stars for $110 is sounding real nice :smokin

Hopefully FNL allows that double dip like they did the solids last weekend. All stars for $110 is sounding real nice
smokin.gif
Im suprised FNL is getting something decent. How limited will all stars be compared to xmas?

Last edited:
I'm guessing asg production and allocation will be similar to the xmas.

I'm with you quise2024, $110 would be awesome

I think i know where the inspiration of the ASG is from.

It's the Lizard from Spiderman
laugh.gif
. I'm going to call them the Lizardman SE

Awesome awesome shoe! They play so much differently than the lebron xi's, which have been my go to. Fit is amazing out of the box. Forefoot locked down beautifully and no heel slip. Amazing traction. And I see why everyone loves the zoom.

Weird thing I thought was weird was the way your foot sits in it. Obviously it's because the zoom protrudes and isn't flush with the rest of the sole, but it definitely felt like I was facing uphill. Coincidentally, the xi's used to give me a downhill feel lol. So maybe maybe I'm just all screwed up.

Love these and the xi's. If I'm in a secure, supportive, pillow-like mood, I'll rock the xi's. If I'm in a more dynamic and springy mood, I'll go with the 28s.

View media item 788587

@SneakerFree  Glad to hear you enjoyed them -- and I agree with the contrast to the XIs.  I've been enjoying that shoe as well.  It provides great security/support, but still nice flexibility and court feel.

Hard to beat the extra spring/traction you get from the XX8 though!

ASGs dont remind of a cracked or a lizard ..

I think JB should have just stayed on board with Nike for the colors. They branched out too far none of the JB sig shoes seem to be All star thrmed like the others.

Still a pick up for me though. I wish FNL was gettin the KDs so i can grab those for 150 too lol

^Not that I'm complaining, but it seems that year-to-year, JB isn't necessarily following the all-star theme and more so just releases some crazy color/texture combos.  It seems this way for many of their holiday or special releases.   Again, just how I see it and I can't complain because a lot of the shoes have looked great.

Wore these for the first time the other night and really enjoyed them. Felt a bit funny because of the protruding zoom forefoot bag but during actual game play the transition is flawless and the cushioning is top notch. I'm coming from the Lebron X (which I love) but these were a breath of fresh air. Secure yet incredibly flexible, especially coming from the lebron x (tanks in my mind). When you're on the lebron X, you're whole outsole is flat and touching the ground but with these its only the forefoot and heel which in turn makes you play on the ball of your feet which you should. I'm on a pretty shabby court but the traction was great. These will definitely be in my short rotation with the X's (only get to play once or twice a week) if not take over.

One gripe... My feet actually really hurt where I encircled in the picture below. I usually wear thick socks (elite) and with thick socks I was able to wear my true size of 9.5 and fit beautifully. When I tried a 9 with thick socks it was just too tight. Stick with it to break it in or possibly go to a 9 with thinner socks?

View media item 788754

@SneakerFree
 Glad to hear you enjoyed them -- and I agree with the contrast to the XIs.  I've been enjoying that shoe as well.  It provides great security/support, but still nice flexibility and court feel.

Hard to beat the extra spring/traction you get from the XX8 though!

They definitely complement each other in that they play so different yet both feel amazing to me.

dnvtran dnvtran That's a good way to explain it. I did find myself playing a lot more on my toes. Which I possibly do anyway in the xi's but it's pretty much the same scanario, the sole is so big on the xi's that my weight may be on the balls of my feet but the entire sole is still flush on the ground. Flexibility was also one of my favorite aspects. I did feel a little bit of that initial tightness in that area, but it did slowly fade and it was gone after hour n a half.

Got my pairs in last night but I wasn't able to try them on until now. I'm going to end up keeping the 11.5 (which I consider my true size). The 11 would have worked also, I was just concerned that it might be a little too snug.

At first the 11.5 felt big, but once I tied the laces like I would if I were about to play, they were fine. As others have said, the lockdown of this shoe is ridiculous :smokin. I also didn't expect them to feel as light as they do.

One gripe... My feet actually really hurt where I encircled in the picture below. I usually wear thick socks (elite) and with thick socks I was able to wear my true size of 9.5 and fit beautifully. When I tried a 9 with thick socks it was just too tight. Stick with it to break it in or possibly go to a 9 with thinner socks?
I had the same issues with the Super Fly 2s for the first couple of times I balled in them but after breaking them in, whatever the thing was that was poking my pinky toe went away. My friend got his XX8 SEs earlier this week and he said he had the exact same issue and also trying to break them in like the SF2s.

I had the same issues with the Super Fly 2s for the first couple of times I balled in them but after breaking them in, whatever the thing was that was poking my pinky toe went away. My friend got his XX8 SEs earlier this week and he said he had the exact same issue and also trying to break them in like the SF2s.
its the carbon fiber that supports that lateral forefoot area which is causing discomfort.

So did you and your friend go down .5 or stayed TTS?

http://nikeinc.com/news/introducing-the-jordan-crescent-city-collection#/inline/27361

JORDAN XX8 SE
Inspired by the elegant structures that litter the French Quarter, the crackle texture upper of the Jordan XX8 SE honors the distinct cityscape of the Crescent City. The electric elements are inspired by the colorful streets and lifestyle found throughout the area. 

The Jordan Crescent City Collection will be available at select retail stores and Jordan.com  on Feb. 14.

Air Jordan XX8SE 656249-723 $150

Last edited:
Thanks sneakerfree and fourdoor. I will definitely give these more run each chance I get, just sad that I only get a session in once or twice a week.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom