AIr jordan XXXV first info.

I bought them as a joke for $24.99 :lol:
I chose to keep my $24.99. The shoes weren't even worth that to me. No way I was wearing that beyond-outdated 10-year-old, dark-ages style sneaker in 1994/95 :lol:
That is so crazy bro! I love hearing these stories man like so damn much it's so cool too hear OG stories bro. What did you guys think about the 3s and 4s when they first dropped? Was any of the OG line like wierd to you all?
No, the IIIs and IVs weren't weird, they were the ****. OG IVs were my first pair of Jordans, and I always wanted the white/cement IIIs as that was and is one of the greatest shoes of all time (when built like the OG, not like these garbage retro versions we've gotten for 20 years now).

As for the first-ever III retro, that too was in '94. But I never even knew about it until it was too late. I remember being in like my second week of college and seeing some kid pass me in a classroom-building hall wearing them. I did a triple take and ran after him and said, hold up, are those NEW? And he said yeah, I got them at Footlocker or wherever a while back. But I didn't have a car back then, there was only one local mall, there was basically no internet and certainly no internet purchases available ... so I never saw them on shelves and I never got them. It didn't even cross my mind to call up Eastbay, or a Footlocker and try to stock locate. Most of us didn't think like that back then. If you couldn't find something in person, you just chalked it up as not being available to you.

Summer of '99, I was living out of the country for a while. Came home to the US and found out the IVs had released again for the first time. But by then both white and black cements were gone in my size. Just missed them. However, I will admit, even in '99, the idea of buying re-issues of old shoes--even Jordans I had owned previously and liked--felt weird., almost wrong. Truth told, THAT'S mostly why the 94 AJI and II retros failed. Even the IIIs reportedly went on sale in most places for almost nothing. Back then, it was always about having the NEWEST the SOONEST. Rocking old **** basically meant to most people that you were too broke to buy the new Js. The world wasn't at all ready for retros in '94, and only slightly more so in '99 LOL

Can I see these with only the inside front panels red? Por favor!!?!
These are rough edits just to clarify what youd like to see before doing a full on polished draft.
NTBred4.png

Front panels both red inside and out or..
NTBred5.png

NTBred6.png

Reverse of actual release?

These are rough edits just to clarify what youd like to see before doing a full on polished draft.
NTBred4.png

Front panels both red inside and out or..
NTBred5.png

NTBred6.png

Reverse of actual release?

Thanks a million man. Warriors dont fully have my vote. I feel like they need some type of twist....

Thanks again man. I'm still dreamin'...

All the early retros rotted on shelves, but yes it got particularly ugly for the Jordan I. They were marked all the way down to $19.99 at one point at Just For Feet.

I remember it like it was yesterday, both the Chicago and Banned colorway were at the Footlocker Outlet down at Franklin Mills Mall in NE Philly. (FTL doesn't have an official outlet, but they opened one in this mall and send all local stores old inventory. The mall is still there, all 1 floor, so it's a LONG walk). They had boxes on top of boxes on the floor stacked with a price sign on top....$29.99!!! I was a senior in HS so I didn't have lots of funds, but seeing all those today, and how much they are worth today, blows my mind!!!

Last edited:
Any educated guesses on the warriors price rising/dropping down the road? I know its difficult to tell with all the unknowns (potantial restocks, numbers actually released, etc). Right now they're around $280ish...what have recent sig PEs done? I'm willing to wait 3-4 months if the price drops....

Any educated guesses on the warriors price rising/dropping down the road? I know its difficult to tell with all the unknowns (potantial restocks, numbers actually released, etc). Right now they're around $280ish...what have recent sig PEs done? I'm willing to wait 3-4 months if the price drops....

For my sz 11.5 I see them dropping to $230 range. Everything gets bought up now instantly especially when you attach PE to it. Don’t think there is real interest in this model now or will be later. Just people trying to make a quick buck.

For my sz 11.5 I see them dropping to $230 range. Everything gets bought up now instantly especially when you attach PE to it. Don’t think there is real interest in this model now or will be later. Just people trying to make a quick buck.
Thx for your thoughts. I'm a size 10 if that helps

I grew up with Jordans - I think I was in 8th grade when the 1's dropped. I've always followed them even whenever I decided not to buy them because of this kind of stuff - limited releases, selling out, etc. But being such a huge fan since day one I always come back. Yep, they pull me back in time after time. That being said it is tempting to just be done with it again and just buy non-signature shoes like I did for a while. Just VaporMax, runners, maybe AF1s. I was happy with those. I do like the history, tech, design and story of Jordans. So eventually, like I said, I jump back in. I'll find a color-way to buy. Just bummed the Warriors and the Dynasties maybe both out of reasonable reach.

That is so crazy bro! I love hearing these stories man like so damn much it's so cool too hear OG stories bro. What did you guys think about the 3s and 4s when they first dropped? Was any of the OG line like wierd to you all?

I was too young to appreciate the I or II. My fascination with Jordans began with the III and IV. When they started getting retroed though, like most people, I just had no interest in wearing old Air Jordans. I was too focused on getting the newest Jordan, the newest Foam/Flightposite, etc.

Like others mentioned, the first retros of the Jordan I totally flopped. The III and IV did a little better, but not great. I remember Eastbay clearancing the Jordan V retros for $49, and there was a coupon that got them down to $37.50. They were clearancing the Jordan XV for the same price at the same time. So I stocked up on a ton of Jordan Vs and Jordan XVs for $37.50 each. Bought 10 pairs of each and sat on them for a long time to resell. Back then, nobody really bought new Jordans to flip. Everything was general release. The only way to make money was to buy failed models, and sit on them for five years. You paid $37.50 for a failed shoe and five years later you could sell it for $350. That's where the money was back then.

For now id have to agree with Urnotlike in saying theres no real interest in them. Now if the season was kicking off and say Rui was having a break out year then there may actually be something there but thats not the case.
If COGs are an indicator and that was just last week you should be good for go in about a months time period especially if they drop a restock. Last years Allstar 34 SEs were a big hit for some people and most who really wanted them who missed out on the first round got in on the restock by staying plugged into the forum.
Also keep in mind DNAs drop next month so there could be a dip in price there as well. All in all id say stay plugged in and you should snatch something at or even below retail.

When the 3s came out I thought they were plain and boring...heh. When the 4 came out it was like a shoe from another planet; it looks so freak'n awesome and like nothing else. And at the time it was soooo comfortable. We could tell it was inspired by the 3, but on a whole different level of awesomeness. It was like the 3 was a first attempt at something different, and the 4 took it to the next level and got it right. Anyone wearing the 3s we thought "poor kid, they really need to upgrade to the 4s!".

Y'all are good with knowing what was at what price, because when I was a kid, everything was too much for me.

Not sure if I believe some of these stories on Jordan 1 prices, considering they ended up coming out with mad colorways because of how successful they were.

Especially when signatures weren't even a thing, so a player getting 2, 3....off something that went at such a deep discount. Then getting commercials, was unheard of. Not sure if I believe that. And are you talking about adult or GS sizes?

I chose to keep my $24.99. The shoes weren't even worth that to me. No way I was wearing that beyond-outdated 10-year-old, dark-ages style sneaker in 1994/95 :lol:

No, the IIIs and IVs weren't weird, they were the ****. OG IVs were my first pair of Jordans, and I always wanted the white/cement IIIs as that was and is one of the greatest shoes of all time (when built like the OG, not like these garbage retro versions we've gotten for 20 years now).

As for the first-ever III retro, that too was in '94. But I never even knew about it until it was too late. I remember being in like my second week of college and seeing some kid pass me in a classroom-building hall wearing them. I did a triple take and ran after him and said, hold up, are those NEW? And he said yeah, I got them at Footlocker or wherever a while back. But I didn't have a car back then, there was only one local mall, there was basically no internet and certainly no internet purchases available ... so I never saw them on shelves and I never got them. It didn't even cross my mind to call up Eastbay, or a Footlocker and try to stock locate. Most of us didn't think like that back then. If you couldn't find something in person, you just chalked it up as not being available to you.

Summer of '99, I was living out of the country for a while. Came home to the US and found out the IVs had released again for the first time. But by then both white and black cements were gone in my size. Just missed them. However, I will admit, even in '99, the idea of buying re-issues of old shoes--even Jordans I had owned previously and liked--felt weird., almost wrong. Truth told, THAT'S mostly why the 94 AJI and II retros failed. Even the IIIs reportedly went on sale in most places for almost nothing. Back then, it was always about having the NEWEST the SOONEST. Rocking old **** basically meant to most people that you were too broke to buy the new Js. The world wasn't at all ready for retros in '94, and only slightly more so in '99 LOL

That's super dope bro I love that the internet didnt blow up stocks and back the day you could actually get your hands on pairs that you liked. Those stories are the stuff this community is built on and they're always super fun to go back bbn in time with someone and find out what it was really like, that why I love coming to niketalk. It would suck tho just missing out on a pair you like, it wierd how different retro clothes, shoes and even collectibles are seen nowadays. I agree the WC3 in OG print and everything is just the goat of sneakers

When the 3s came out I thought they were plain and boring...heh. When the 4 came out it was like a shoe from another planet; it looks so freak'n awesome and like nothing else. And at the time it was soooo comfortable. We could tell it was inspired by the 3, but on a whole different level of awesomeness. It was like the 3 was a first attempt at something different, and the 4 took it to the next level and got it right. Anyone wearing the 3s we thought "poor kid, they really need to upgrade to the 4s!".

No **** bro that is so funny I hella would of been the same way tho I love the WC3 but the 4s are still to this day like a shoe from somewhere else, like the wings lace locks layered durabuck. Man I wish I could go back as a adult or even a teen.

What did you guys think about the 3s and 4s when they first dropped? Was any of the OG line like wierd to you all?
When the 3 first dropped I was in awe of it. I had the OG Fire Red 3 and I treated those things like a newborn baby. I remember the leather on the whole shoe, including the tongue looked super nice and soft. The one shoe that was weird to me when it first came out was the 8. It looked like a space boot with the crazy design and colors, and it had the cross Velcro straps. It came up super high. That one was for sure weird at the time.

Y'all are good with knowing what was at what price, because when I was a kid, everything was too much for me.

Not sure if I believe some of these stories on Jordan 1 prices, considering they ended up coming out with mad colorways because of how successful they were.

Especially when signatures weren't even a thing, so a player getting 2, 3....off something that went at such a deep discount. Then getting commercials, was unheard of. Not sure if I believe that. And are you talking about adult or GS sizes?

BigSparky1316 BigSparky1316 I remember BEGGING my mom for the OG 3's. They were the first J with a visible air unit and I was just blown away by that. We went to my OG local store, but I was in some weird in-between GS/adult size they didn't carry. Told us to go to Shoe Carnival next door because they had some Jordans. We walked in and I will never forget it as long as I live. They had a 6ft tall pyramid of Royal 1's for like $35 (down from $65 msrp). Of course my little kid self turned up my nose at them and went gross, those are old, and we left lol. The 4's and the Hot Lava Agassi Tech Challenge 2 were what really started my fascination with shoes. Wanted the 4's, but never had them on the original run, but was able to get the Black/Metallic 5's for basketball camp. I loved them, but I also remember getting a lot of sht for wearing "moon boots." Same with my 6's. What I saw wasn't what a lot of other older people saw.

Magic33 Magic33 Some broad brush strokes on some of the prices in here. I can state unequivocally 95 Chicago 1's bombed bigger than hell. My local chain spot had marked them down to $24.99 by the end of May when I bought my pair. I know I took the tag off the box, but I MIGHT still have the receipt. I can't speak to the Banneds because they were harder to find and my spot didn't get them at all.

I heard stories about the 94 3's going on sale/hitting outlets, but I never saw that.

2's definitely bombed and went on sale pretty much everywhere that got them. I got the lows from Eastbay for under retail.

99 4's is where things start getting a little murky. The Blacks and Cements both smoked out of every store in my area. My friend and I actually drove an hour to mom & pop and got our Blacks 2 weeks early. The Retro+ pairs were the ones that started hitting sale racks.

2000 5's 100% depended on the colorway too. Metallics and Fire Reds both smoked everywhere that I know of, including Eastbay where I got 2 of my pairs. Once again, the Retro+ colorways were the ones that bombed. I was working at FTL at the time and was able to get a spare pair of Laneys for $16 like a year after release. They straight up rotted on shelves.

Back
Top Bottom