AIr jordan XXXV first info.

Hoping some sorta restock for warriors surfaces.

really didnt expect a RD sellout

I def expected a sell out but I didnt expect an L. Prices are dipping though, asking in my sz is $235. After fees guys are making like $25 if they didn’t pay tax 😂 🤦🏼‍♂️ . Where are these sellers so I can avoid stockX.

^ yeah i dont do much resale these days but i have the feeling that ill bite for a decent price eventually.

There was no newest model in 1986

The Air Jordan II was the new model in 1986.

I'm just confused how dudes know for a fact what prices were 35 years ago. When I was a kid I didn't even really have a concept of money.

I remember the prices of all sorts of stuff from 30+ years ago. Shoes, video games, hamburgers, candy bars, etc.

And in 1985 inflation wise, $65 was like $160 today.

I regularly buy $200 Nikes at the Nike outlet for $50. Not sure why it's so hard to believe a $65 shoe went on clearance for $25.

BANG!!
Just hit one for the home team and already got the confirmation email, now hopefully theres no "Were Sorry" cancellation email.
Screenshot_20201022-230142_Samsung Internet.jpg

Loving all the stories from when the love started. Mine was kinda dumb luck let say. Had the Jordan 1s but they were Sky Jordans as I was young then. My first pair, was actually by accident. Started the '89-90 school year with the Reebok SXT Pump (God do I want a retro). When spring came, I needed new shoes. Mom took me to the local "mom & pop" store in the next town over, in Lansdale, PA. Those from the Montco, & Bucks County and other Philly suburbs know what shop it was. Dimmers. Original shop on Main Street in Lansdale. They had EVERYTHING!! Every Air Max, every Flight & Force, every tennis shoe, plus Jordans and all other brands.

I went there for one shoe..the Nike Air Tech Challenge II, Hot Lava. I had picked up tennis the previous summer after watching a certain kid with long hair and denim shorts play. Then I watched the '90 French Open and saw the outfit. OH MY GOSH! Loved the shoes and the gear. He showed me tennis wasn't a stuffy all-white clothing sport. So we went there for those. They had them, for only $79.99. Dimmers always sold their shoes at a small discount.

Never forget walking into the store and you get that "new sneaker smell". All the new Jordan 1s smell like that. It takes me back to being a kid with no cares in the world. So we go in and there they were. Had my size and everything. But Mom had different ideas. She knew I was crazy for MJ. All I wore in 7th grade (and pretty much through 12th grade) were Bulls, Bo Jackson, Eagles shirts, Cunningham, Phillies stuff & Jordan shirts. Mostly MJ shirts (this was before only Nike had the shirts. Caricature shirts and regular t shirts from Nike, Salem, Nutmeg Mills, Skybox, etc. Ones with his stats on the back).

She saw the Agassi's and knew that's what we came for, but she also saw the black/cement IVs sitting just down the row. Beautiful! $89.99. She asked me, did I want the Hot Lavas or the Jordans. My mom asking to pay more!! I'll take the Jordans. But they came with a catch. I had to take care of them. Don't destroy them. And I didn't. Never wore when it rained. I used a sharpie to fill in the black midsole. I even ran to the bus from the loading ramp when it decided to spritz rain on the way home (it was sunny in the morning).

So that was the shoe that started it for me. It's why I got 2 pairs of the IV retro last year. But in today's sneaker hobby, the fun just isn't there like before. And it's with a somewhat sad heart that I'm finally doing the grown up thing (I'm an old head at 44) and getting rid of the majority of my shoes. I'll keep a select amount of one's (all my vintage Agassi's, certain Jordan retros, My Bo's, some special Flights, and a few Huaraches. But the rest are going. And I'm totally fine with it. I'll still buy certain pairs (Fire Red IVs, Carmine 6x2, any Agassi that retros, etc) but all impulse buys are done.

I will get a pair of 35s. Would love the Dynasty pair, but probably impossible for a decent price. I'll try for the Guo's. If not, then I'll either wait for a late color to release or I'll get the COG. I'll always love sneakers, but it's time to change a bit. It's been a fun ride. 👍👍

Last edited:
I'm just confused how dudes know for a fact what prices were 35 years ago. When I was a kid I didn't even really have a concept of money.

And in 1985 inflation wise, $65 was like $160 today. Which is a lot for Nike to continue to put out models for a company that wasn't Nike at the time. Like I said maybe they were GS sizes dudes are talking about, because I know when I was a kid, I wasn't looking at prices of adult kicks.

Idk what to tell you man. I don't drink or do drugs, and I've always had a weird photographic memory for things like this. I just remember it, plain and simple. I still have half the sht I'm talking about if they didn't fall apart back in the day, most still with the box and price tag on them. Still have all my OG's from the 5's on up because I don't sell my stuff. I was in 7th grade for the Agassis and 5's, and was a 10.5-11 there. Definitely adult sizes. Not sure why this is so hard to believe.

Had the Jordan 1s but they were Sky Jordans as I was young then.

Glad you brought that up. Don't think a lot of younger people realize that back in the day, you couldn't get Air Jordans in kids sizes, only Sky Jordans. Even though I really like Jordans starting with the III, I refused to wear them until I was old enough for adult sizes. So my first pair of Jordans was the powder blue X. When I was kid size, I always wore Agassis and Bo Jacksons, because the kid sizes had the full tech, unlike the Jordans.

I went there for one shoe..the Nike Air Tech Challenge II, Hot Lava. I had picked up tennis the previous summer after watching a certain kid with long hair and denim shorts play. Then I watched the '90 French Open and saw the outfit. OH MY GOSH! Loved the shoes and the gear. He showed me tennis wasn't a stuffy all-white clothing sport. So we went there for those. They had them, for only $79.99. Dimmers always sold their shoes at a small discount.

Great shoe! We must be similar age. My first tennis shoe was the Air Tech Challenge III in purple.

But in today's sneaker hobby, the fun just isn't there like before. And it's with a somewhat sad heart that I'm finally doing the grown up thing (I'm an old head at 44) and getting rid of the majority of my shoes.

Ahhh, you're actually a little bit older than me (I'm 37). It's still a lot of fun for me, but I only buy a few pairs a year. Always get the new Air Jordan, will buy retros of my favs from when I was a kid, but that's about it. I wear all my stuff. I don't save the box. I probably have 18 pairs at any given time. When a pair gets worn out, I throw it away. My "collection" doesn't take up a lot of space. I have friends with hundreds of pairs, but that would just be too much pressure and work for me.

Glad you brought that up. Don't think a lot of younger people realize that back in the day, you couldn't get Air Jordans in kids sizes, only Sky Jordans. Even though I really like Jordans starting with the III, I refused to wear them until I was old enough for adult sizes. So my first pair of Jordans was the powder blue X. When I was kid size, I always wore Agassis and Bo Jacksons, because the kid sizes had the full tech, unlike the Jordans.

Great shoe! We must be similar age. My first tennis shoe was the Air Tech Challenge III in purple.

Ahhh, you're actually a little bit older than me (I'm 37). It's still a lot of fun for me, but I only buy a few pairs a year. Always get the new Air Jordan, will buy retros of my favs from when I was a kid, but that's about it. I wear all my stuff. I don't save the box. I probably have 18 pairs at any given time. When a pair gets worn out, I throw it away. My "collection" doesn't take up a lot of space. I have friends with hundreds of pairs, but that would just be too much pressure and work for me.

So you're 37 :lol:

No wonder what I said went over your head.

FTL last night.
Welp guys, this is what its come to.

how to resell sneakers tutorial vids.

be sure to dislike tf outta this clown. Lol

Yep, this is one of the lames i was talking about a couple pages back. See these types of videos all the time the last couple years. About as annoying as "Got Em" postings on eBay.
Never had a problem with resellers until the last couple years, things have gone too far with it and **** needs to stop.

Last edited:
Loving all the stories from when the love started. Mine was kinda dumb luck let say. Had the Jordan 1s but they were Sky Jordans as I was young then. My first pair, was actually by accident. Started the '89-90 school year with the Reebok SXT Pump (God do I want a retro). When spring came, I needed new shoes. Mom took me to the local "mom & pop" store in the next town over, in Lansdale, PA. Those from the Montco, & Bucks County and other Philly suburbs know what shop it was. Dimmers. Original shop on Main Street in Lansdale. They had EVERYTHING!! Every Air Max, every Flight & Force, every tennis shoe, plus Jordans and all other brands.

Never forget walking into the store and you get that "new sneaker smell". All the new Jordan 1s smell like that. It takes me back to being a kid with no cares in the world. So we go in and there they were. Had my size and everything. But Mom had different ideas. She knew I was crazy for MJ. All I wore in 7th grade (and pretty much through 12th grade) were Bulls, Bo Jackson, Eagles shirts, Cunningham, Phillies stuff & Jordan shirts. Mostly MJ shirts (this was before only Nike had the shirts. Caricature shirts and regular t shirts from Nike, Salem, Nutmeg Mills, Skybox, etc. Ones with his stats on the back).

She saw the Agassi's and knew that's what we came for, but she also saw the black/cement IVs sitting just down the row. Beautiful! $89.99. She asked me, did I want the Hot Lavas or the Jordans. My mom asking to pay more!! I'll take the Jordans. But they came with a catch. I had to take care of them. Don't destroy them. And I didn't. Never wore when it rained. I used a sharpie to fill in the black midsole. I even ran to the bus from the loading ramp when it decided to spritz rain on the way home (it was sunny in the morning).

So that was the shoe that started it for me. It's why I got 2 pairs of the IV retro last year. But in today's sneaker hobby, the fun just isn't there like before. And it's with a somewhat sad heart that I'm finally doing the grown up thing (I'm an old head at 44) and getting rid of the majority of my shoes. I'll keep a select amount of one's (all my vintage Agassi's, certain Jordan retros, My Bo's, some special Flights, and a few Huaraches. But the rest are going. And I'm totally fine with it. I'll still buy certain pairs (Fire Red IVs, Carmine 6x2, any Agassi that retros, etc) but all impulse buys are done.

I will get a pair of 35s. Would love the Dynasty pair, but probably impossible for a decent price. I'll try for the Guo's. If not, then I'll either wait for a late color to release or I'll get the COG. I'll always love sneakers, but it's time to change a bit. It's been a fun ride. 👍👍

glad you guys could have and afford them. my Jordans never came til it was late. what I meant by late is past my best years. all I could have were some Converse Reacts, Reeboks, Fila Grants, Uptempos and Pippens. not that I'm complaining but it would have been nice to have a pair nonetheless. on the otherhand, it was funny schooling people wearing Jordans when playing while you are wearing your midtier shoes. everyone loves basketball and basketball shoes but not everyone could play like basketball players.

Nike, Adidas, and other brands have the ability to kill the resell market but they profit more off things being limited. I don’t have to be exclusive to feel cool but that’s just the way it is now...

Back
Top Bottom