Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

Old heads and people who love to complain about how the new Air Jordan’s don’t match your style, watch this and take notes. These new Jordans are never, I repeat, never gonna go back to using leathers and old materials. You guys often forget how these new Jordans are made specifically for playing basketball first

Yes, I know I'm quoting myself lol. Looks like that screen grab that appeared to show the tongue holes was just and angle that showed the pull tab. From the Tatum pics, it definitely looks like a solid tongue.

Right now, the main design cues I see from the 6 are the lace pocket, the rear spoiler, and the colored lines on the midsoles which are definitely a nod to the infrared midsole hits, just extended a little further.

Yup, they blew it big time. Add the holes to a tall tongue and I'd actually break my streak of not buying a damn thing for them. But Nooooo. Can't add the most obvious part of the VI that makes them unique! Damn you JB!!

I like the design.
Just wish it had more of an aj6 twist.

Here's my opinion of Infrareds...

Screenshot_20210526-052824_Change Color.jpg

Had these had the holes in the tongue and a bit taller, in this OG colorway, INSTANT PURCHASE!! They blew it!!

Old heads and people who love to complain about how the new Air Jordan’s don’t match your style, watch this and take notes. These new Jordans are never, I repeat, never gonna go back to using leathers and old materials. You guys often forget how these new Jordans are made specifically for playing basketball first

I don't know what the point of this post is really. You are responding to a strawman

Everyone knows basketball shoes are made for playing basketball. People's hang up about using leather or old materials

People are upset they can't make a basketball shoe that has a casual appeal like the older models had.

I listened to that video, and it was rambling nonsense.

Last edited:

wait, what? the XXXIV and XXXV don't have leather on them? are you saying they are fuse material?

It doesn’t matter, they can still have a some lifestyle ones with better materials. Jordan Brand has just gotten cheap!

The new sig comes out looking like Team Jordan’s.

It doesn’t matter, they can still have a some lifestyle ones with better materials. Jordan Brand has just gotten cheap!

The new sig comes out looking like Team Jordan’s.
Isn’t the lack of high quality materials the case with most basketball sneakers from most brands nowadays? If you don’t like ‘em cause they ain’t made out of your high end snakeskins or extravagant non-gmo leathers, then don’t buy ‘em. In fact since most of you wanna play in shoes with outdated materials and uppers, why don’t you play in canvas sneakers? ‘Cause that’s definitely what you want in a basketball shoe right? You want materials on the uppers that serve no performance whatsoever, causes athletes’ foot, causes blisters, have a longass break-in period all because you wanna have that high end look

Last edited:
Yo so what materials/technology did they use that actually makes ‘em uglier every time you look at em?

...like, how‘d they pull that off?

Isn’t the lack of high quality materials the case with most basketball sneakers from most brands nowadays? If you don’t like ‘em cause they ain’t made out of your high end snakeskins or extravagant non-gmo leathers, then don’t buy ‘em. In fact since most of you wanna play in shoes with outdated materials and uppers, why don’t you play in canvas sneakers? ‘Cause that’s definitely what you want in a basketball shoe right? You want materials on the uppers that serve no performance whatsoever, causes athletes’ foot, causes blisters, have a longass break-in period all because you wanna have that high end look
You’ve repeated nonsense over and over again :rofl: nothing even worth arguing against.

Nah, I just think they're designing them for basketball. And modern basketball sneakers are lighter weight for the modern athlete. A lot of you want them for casual wear.
What does “design them for basketball” even mean? What does that have to do with anything? ALL jordan line shoes are designed for basketball. Always have and always will be. “These are just for basketball” isn’t a Valid statement, for ****s sake the jordan 11 say what on the tag?

What does “design them for basketball” even mean? What does that have to do with anything? ALL jordan line shoes are designed for basketball. Always have and always will be. “These are just for basketball” isn’t a Valid statement, for ****s sake the jordan 11 say what on the tag?

It has everything to do with it.

Do you see basketball sneakers? From the Harden, Dame, KD, Kyrie, they aren't leather.

They are basketball sneakers.

Just like running sneakers aren't made with leather and suedes like they were in the 80's.

Chuck Taylor's used to be basketball sneakers. Shell toes and dunks used to be basketball sneakers. Times and technology change.

Times have changed. alotta people have problems accepting that.

these brands engineer athletic sneakers year in and year out. I think they know what materials do or dont perform well.

you want old aj’s. Buy em.

You guys are brainwashed. You can still make a new Jordan lighter and use better materials without them looking like a Team Jordan and them breaking down after only a few games. A lot of you guys give Jordan Brand a pass. They aren’t living up to their past. Their shoes get more generic looking as each year passes. It’s all about money and their bottom line.

You guys are brainwashed. You can still make a new Jordan lighter and use better materials without them looking like a Team Jordan and them breaking down after only a few games. A lot of you guys give Jordan Brand a pass. They aren’t living up to their past. Their shoes get more generic looking as each year passes. It’s all about money and their bottom line.
truth.

Even if you got the newest Air Jordan with what you wanted specifically on the shoe, it's still never gonna be enough to reflect the legacy of the past models?

Are you the guys in charge of the creative control of the shoe design?

No

Are you guys athletes who test out earlier samples of the shoe before the official release?

No

Do I disagree with your opinions on how the quality should be on the newest Air Jordan?

No, I don't disagree with either of your opinions, I just have a different perspective on what the quality could be on the newest shoe since there are other materials for the uppers that could both reflect the past and still be performance-driven.

I don't really talk this much on threads like this because I loathe assuming things. However, since this shoe had a premature look and everyone here is already lighting torches and grabbing their pitchforks; I'm usually excited for the new shoe to release and willing to give this new shoe a chance. Everyone here assumes and expects a lot for the new shoe to come out looking what they want or don't want

Last edited:
The “leathers” on the 35 are just as synthetic as the uppers on these. Lol

Yall dont want leather. Yall just want some leather LOOKIN s***.

you want old aj’s. Buy em...

The “leathers” on the 35 are just as synthetic as the uppers on these. Lol

Yall dont want leather. Yall just want some leather LOOKIN s***.

you want old aj’s. Buy em...
no wonder chinese brands are getting more popular. I believe it's not all about the leather but what type of material used primarily. I mean seriously, this is no different from the Apple sheep mentality that anything that apple does is great but in fact is charging a lot for premium with the Apple logo. it's not synonymous with quality anymore but the brand. some of yous are saying that is the reality and how the world works nowadays, but the reality is, it's about maximizing profit with the easiest, cheapest and most available material possible. it has nothing to do with what the consumer wants. JB can still make them if JB wanted it. and no, it's not what the general public wanted in general. if that were true, just look at the countless Kyries, PGs signature shoes ending up in the bargain bin in the outlets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom