Air Jordan XXXVI (36) first info…

The “leathers” on the 35 are just as synthetic as the uppers on these. Lol

Yall dont want leather. Yall just want some leather LOOKIN s***.

you want old aj’s. Buy em...
My point exactly, Jordan Brand still went cheap. They can do WAY better fusing old with new. They are cheap a$$e$!

no wonder chinese brands are getting more popular. I believe it's not all about the leather but what type of material used primarily. I mean seriously, this is no different from the Apple sheep mentality that anything that apple does is great but in fact is charging a lot for premium with the Apple logo. it's not synonymous with quality anymore but the brand. some of yous are saying that is the reality and how the world works nowadays, but the reality is, it's about maximizing profit with the easiest, cheapest and most available material possible. it has nothing to do with what the consumer wants. JB can still make them if JB wanted it. and no, it's not what the general public wanted in general. if that were true, just look at the countless Kyries, PGs signature shoes ending up in the bargain bin in the outlets.
Well said. 😎

The yearly signature J was never about casual appeal. They were always made for MJ and to help his game on court. Never has Nike or Jordan brand stated in any catalog, magazine, web page, advertisement, etc, that the yearly Jordan was made for casual appeal. People wore the sig shoe because that’s what Jordan wore. Period.

I could easily see Travis Scott wearing these no problem. I could see a lot people wearing these casually. The difference between people that choose to wear these casually and the negative nancies saying you cant, is confidence. Wearing what you like no matter what is about confidence. Always has been and always will be.

Whats ridiculous is we know nothing about this shoe. Zero information has been released. Do we know for a fact that this shoe wont have leather on it at some point? No we dont. The negative nancies come into this forum and have a hissy fit EVERY YEAR. It’s a tired look.

The “leathers” on the 35 are just as synthetic as the uppers on these. Lol

Yall dont want leather. Yall just want some leather LOOKIN s***.

you want old aj’s. Buy em...

You keep sayin’ **** that like issa bar and you can drop the mic...

...as if all the retroes ain’t keepin the ship afloat.

33s and 34s were fire...

...35 and 36 trash.

Give a **** what the tech and materials are - them Fortnite lookin *** ****s ugly as hell...

...I hope whoever designed them bum *** ****s is readin’ this too.

Protros

and are they leather?

sure, what’s the difference with the OG and protro? Same with the 4’s. Let us know how much up to date those were made. The “protro” stopped with the 1’s. Slighting changed airbags don’t account for anything. The protro 4 were laughed at because there way more changes worth mentioning

no they’re not leather which kills your argument that performance shoes need to be ugly because they use newer tech.

Really nothing to discuss. Bad design is bad design. Nike haven’t even moved past zoom air yet. That tech is 20 years old.

I just like Jordans. I'm old and they've been part of my life since they first dropped when I was in the 8th grade. One of the things I look forward to. No matter how cool, revolutionary or not they are to everyone, they're on my list every year. Blindly loyal... maybe. Old and clueless - HA...perhaps. Makes me happy...absolutely and that's all that matters. Just my opinion and 2 cents.

sure, what’s the difference with the OG and protro? Same with the 4’s. Let us know how much up to date those were made. The “protro” stopped with the 1’s. Slighting changed airbags don’t account for anything. The protro 4 were laughed at because there way more changes worth mentioning

no they’re not leather which kills your argument that performance shoes need to be ugly because they use newer tech.

Really nothing to discuss. Bad design is bad design. Nike haven’t even moved past zoom air yet. That tech is 20 years old.

Do you actually have any of the Kobe's since you like the way they look so much? The 5 and 6 were upgraded.

My argument was never that they need to be leather.

You saying a sneaker is ugly is your opinion. If there's nothing to discuss, move on if you don't find them good looking.

They were never made for casual wear is one of the worse excuses for Nike and JB's ****ery IMO

Nike is a profit-maximizing company. They didn't make the shoe just for MJ to play in back in the day, they made a shoe that as many people as possible would buy. MJ was part of their marketing for a product they wanted to sell to people wanting to use them for basketball or wear casually. That why they make shoes in kids sizes, which btw often doesn't use the exact tech of the men's pairs. It is not all about performance.

Nike would not be comfortable if all the casual wearers deciding "welp these are only for hooper, let me no buy them". It would really hurt their bottom line, and Nike is all about the bottom line

So a casual wearer of Jordan, a consumer is well position to criticizing a pair of new Jordan on their lack of casual appeal.

Seems to me JB uses the "performance" excuse a lot to cover for the fact they struggle to make something with casual wear appeal.

Last edited:
My main grip with gripe is about their bad design choices.

I actually don't care that they don't use leather. I would actually prefer them to use fewer animal products. I am completely fine with synthetics.

But there are still levels to quality within them not using leather

When I played soccer when I was younger many of the new high-end cleats used leather. Today they are not. But Nike high-need cleats still feel better built than the lower-end cleats they put out.

With JB it just seems that they don't care if they are not much of a quality gap between the cheapest products they put out and the most expensive, aside from cushioning.

Last edited:
Do you actually have any of the Kobe's since you like the way they look so much? The 5 and 6 were upgraded.

My argument was never that they need to be leather.

You saying a sneaker is ugly is your opinion. If there's nothing to discuss, move on if you don't find them good looking.
Yes. Multiple sets of OG’s and only a couple of protros 5’s since the prices are trash. All the 4’s before the crash and a couple protro 1’s off the outlets. The only upgraded pairs are the 1’s. Don’t need to believe me, just read the Nike stats and the posts made during the time of pre release. The “upgrades” were minimal. .05 more lateral support, Heel cup cut different, etc. the shoes are basically the same. If you want to argue “oh so they’re better” off of those weak *** stats then go ahead. Got nba players wearing retro Jordan’s too. The “tech” argument is null and void. Again, zoom air has YET to be beat.

The point is new tech and materials doesn’t mean the shoe is going to look ugly by default. The GT cut doesn’t look bad and those are the most tech Nike has to offer in one shoe.

then someone argued that Nike didn’t design these for casual wear. That idea was again shot down. The jordan line was always a high performance shoe. They weren’t designed with casual wear in mind BUT a good design translates well everywhere. The ****ing AirMax line started off as the best running shoe Nike had to offer. Nikes whole MO is that the blend the best performance and tech with a design that can’t be beat by its competitors.

Again, ALL arguments presented the last pages are dead. If you don’t like it then YOU move on from that conversation.

I just like Jordans. I'm old and they've been part of my life since they first dropped when I was in the 8th grade. One of the things I look forward to. No matter how cool, revolutionary or not they are to everyone, they're on my list every year. Blindly loyal... maybe. Old and clueless - HA...perhaps. Makes me happy...absolutely and that's all that matters. Just my opinion and 2 cents.
Back when we could walk in the store the first week and still cop! I'm right there with you. I had the forums and the Air ship before the AJ 1 dropped. I love the excitement of seeing the flagship shoe every year. I guess I'm a sucker for nostalgia!

Back when we could walk in the store the first week and still cop! I'm right there with you. I had the forums and the Air ship before the AJ 1 dropped. I love the excitement of seeing the flagship shoe every year. I guess I'm a sucker for nostalgia!
Yeah every store use to carry the flagship first day they dropped. Now it’s just house of hoops.

My main grip with gripe is about their bad design choices.

I actually don't care that they don't use leather. I would actually prefer them to use fewer animal products. I am completely fine with synthetics.

But there are still levels to quality within them not using leather

When I played soccer when I was younger many of the new high-end cleats used leather. Today they are not. But Nike high-need cleats still feel better built than the lower-end cleats they put out.

With JB it just seems that they don't care if they are not much of a quality gap between the cheapest products they put out and the most expensive, aside from cushioning.

this is what JB blind loyalists fail to comprehend. it's not all about not using leather but rather a specific material that atleast show a level of quality that don't look and feel cheap to say the least. but to make it appear an obviously poorly thought cheap product is the worst treatment for what you consider as a signature shoe. it would have been acceptable if it were a budget model but branding it as a signature, it's really a bad design and it does happen. the Zion ZNA for example is one terrible design as a signature shoe and don't pull the cost argument because surely they don't have a problem selling and making cheap AF1, casuals and runners with better materials.

this is what JB blind loyalists fail to comprehend. it's not all about not using leather but rather a specific material that atleast show a level of quality that don't look and feel cheap to say the least. but to make it appear an obviously poorly thought cheap product is the worst treatment for what you consider as a signature shoe. it would have been acceptable if it were a budget model but branding it as a signature, it's really a bad design and it does happen. the Zion ZNA for example is one terrible design as a signature shoe and don't pull the cost argument because surely they don't have a problem selling and making cheap AF1, casuals and runners with better materials.
QUALITY INSPIRED BY THE GREATEST PLAYER EVER.

Jordan Brand forgot their roots. The shoe is supposed to be the best in performance and quality. They have lost their way.

Old heads and people who love to complain about how the new Air Jordan’s don’t match your style, watch this and take notes. These new Jordans are never, I repeat, never gonna go back to using leathers and old materials. You guys often forget how these new Jordans are made specifically for playing basketball first

The old Jordan’s were made specifically for playing basketball in also, it’s just many people don’t know history so they don’t know or remember that.

Air Jordan’s were always made to play basketball in, people just eventually used them for fashion.

I’m here for em regardless, but the line in the midsole is goofy. And no 6 tongue or homage to the tongue is just a super miss.

Last edited:
The old Jordan’s were made specifically for playing basketball in also, it’s just many people don’t know history so they don’t know or remember that.

Air Jordan’s were always made to play basketball in, people just eventually used them for fashion.

So product placement with Js bein worn casually in damn near every Spike movie, “A Different World,” “The Fresh Prince”, and “Martin” was to get all these kids on the court and shoot hoops huh?

Ok word...

...what basketball performance function does the patent leather on the 11s serve?

Please, enlighten us my g...

Back
Top Bottom