AIR MAX 2011 Spring '11 **PICS**

NOTE: If you plan on ordering IDs PLEASE READ MY REVIEW, as it may help you avoid making a shoe that you are not 100% satisfied with.

I just got two more pairs of IDs in and just like last time, first the pics and then the review.

Treasure Blue & Volts

Colors used:
--Treasure Blue Overlay
--Treasure Blue Accent
--Black Mesh
--Black Swoosh & Volt Logo
--Volt Bubble

Challenge Red, Black & White

Colors used:
--Challenge Red Overlay
--Challenge Red Accent
--Black Mesh
--White Swoosh & Black Logo
--Anthracite Bubble

Group shot NO FLASH

Group shot WITH FLASH

Review:

When I first got these two pairs of IDs in, I didn't know what to think. While the Treasure Blue and Challenge Red colors were very bright, just as I had hoped,
I was a little unsure about the mesh. What I mean is I had imagined that the mesh would be a different shade depending on the base color selected on ID and
this is obviously not the case. The mesh is a light color, almost white, on every pair of AM 2011 IDs that I've ordered thus far. The light mesh on top of darker
colors makes the colors underneath look lighter and dulled out. I'm not sure yet if I'm dissatisfied enough to return them or if I'll just take the hit and roll with
it.

The other thing you should note before making a pair of AM 2011 IDs is that whatever color you choose for the midsole, just above the air bubble, will be the
color of the foam in side of the bubble, thus changing the tent of the bubble slightly. For example, on the Treasure Blue pair above, I used a black midsole and
it ended up making the Volt air bubble look like a darker shade of Volt, closer to green than yellow. Whereas, on my black and volt pair that I purchased at the
Nike store, the midsole is white and makes the air bubble appear closer to yellow.

Just a few things to think about, but before I give a return serious thought, I'd like to know what y'all think. Rock or restock? I'm hesitant to return them because
of how long it took to get them in the first place. While I could go to the Nike Store and get my money refunded quickly, I don't really want to wait another two
months for more IDs.

Cliffs:
--Mesh is the same color on all AM 2011 IDs
--I was hoping the mesh would be closer to the base colors
--Midsole color determines the tint of the air bubble
--I'm thinking of returning them but would like some feedback please

arrived today after multiple delays..
35k5ulc.jpg

On second thought...

Wore the red ones out tonight and they're keepers, along with the blue ones. I was tripping. These %+@!% go hard.

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

On second thought...

Wore the red ones out tonight and they're keepers, along with the blue ones. I was tripping. These %+@!% go hard.
laugh.gif

they are nice man..........im reading your review like "dude is buggin"

i was ready to buy the blue ones off you.

next pay day im gonna ID some. does nike do free shipping on top of the 195 for these?

Nice iDs Brolic Scholar, the treasure blue/volt joints are definitely a keeper. Even if you returned the red ones (which are nice too), I would have been surprised if you returned the first colorway. Those are something serious.
pimp.gif

Thanks dbff and AI. I was nitpicking. Guess I was still a little burned about Nike taking 2 months to get me my damn shoes.

Came home to these today...

and I'm very happy.

Two more deliveries to go and I'm done with IDs for a while. I'm expecting one pair next week and the other one, who knows. I'm resting a lot easier now though,
knowing my money was well spent.

Btw, my camera is doing no justice to how bright the Volt is on this white pair (previous page).

Thanks to chandsam for the second opinion also.

jeff and scholar 
pimp.gif

im gonna be ID'n real soon, geez 2 months though huh.....

I actually hit up Nike and asked about the bred colorway (like the 2009s), and they said they are going to release them, but they didn't give me a date. Anyone got an idea of when that cw is gonna come out?

Originally Posted by thekidyounggun

i just placed my id order today, can anyone tell when they will start making them( just wanted 2 know)
They will send you an e-mail when they start making them.  Usually within 2 days or so IIRC.

there have been some awesome iD's in here. it'll be exactly 1 month tomorrow since i've ordered these and i haven't received an item shipped email yet. i've seen some iD's being shipped out almost 3 wks after date ordered/created. i can't wait to get mine!!! hopefully they turn out as nice as they did on the computer. it looks as if treasure blue is a lighter shade than my computer shows. not to mention the screen is more white than see through...

The black/light blue colorway posted toward the top of this page looks really legit! It's going to be tough deciding on which colorway to get during the summer...

Nice iDs up there as well!
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom