Air Tech Challenge II and Tech Low Retro EDIT*pic* 9/29 uhoh

Lava son, Lava...
laugh.gif

Got my email from Eastbay...should be here on April 3rd.
pimp.gif

All I needed is one pair and that's all I want.
pimp.gif

i know niketown chicago isnt getting these.

That's so wack.

I was planning on picking them up at NikeTown.

Time to wait for other spots to get them in Chicago.

Great...now I can't even get a sz 13!!! This is ridiculous!
Any/all help would be greatly appreciated.
peace
Perry

yall should have copped off eastbay. damn not even niketown is gettin em, aint that a %%#%@, glad i %$+!+# with eastbay.

Nike.com has them listed, but no inventory loaded yet. They dont come up when you search on nike.com but when you do a google shopping search it will takedirectly to the nike.com page. I called a few NikeTowns on the west coast and they said they dont have them yet, but are expecting them next week sometime,early April.

Originally Posted by ro22ss

Nike.com has them listed, but no inventory loaded yet. They dont come up when you search on nike.com but when you do a google shopping search it will take directly to the nike.com page. I called a few NikeTowns on the west coast and they said they dont have them yet, but are expecting them next week sometime, early April.

As stated earlier in this post, NDC posted these on their site sometime late Thursday/early Friday & were pretty much sold out of all sizes by8:30amEST.

Hopefully these will get restocked, but I'm not holding my breath on that happening.

^ yeah.

my friend called swoosh and the dude he spoke
with said they should be going up again, but who knows ...

i'm praying they hit swoosh again.

it is funny how fickle we are...on what is HOT and what is NOT. You cannot really blame Nike Towns..I mean if you were a buyer there, you would HAVE TO usesales history to figure out what to order. I dont think people could of known how HOT these kicks are. I mean guessing the masses would be in love with LAVA? That is a big stretch. I mean if I was manager of NIKETOWN in LA...I know personally I love these shoes because like most of you these shoes bring backmemories. I may have never had Jordans when I was in jr high...but I sure had these shoes. I was able to afford these. So yeah I love these...but would I asa manager, risk ordering a FSR at my store when maybe only I like them? I mean you cant know.

I guarantee they will restock..or re-order once they realize their mistake. Exactly like the air trainer 1s in Asia and Europe...they are thinking how can wehedge our bets? Without losing too much money? Its tough...sometimes you get lucky, order a shoe and its gone in one weekend..then you are a stud...but thenyou have those shoes that sit...all month long and then you have to explain to your boss why you ordered those shoes that suck? Tough call...

AsianImage, that's a great point. It's never easy to predict what will be a hot item, especially these days.

These were the first pair of Nike AIRs I ever wore, when I was in 7th grade. Agassis were popular, but at least in my area, only to people who followedAgassi, not to the general shoe crowd. These originally hit outlets for $50-$60 in 1990, as did the rest of the Air Tech Challenge III and IV. The AirChallenge Huarache went all the way down to $25 in outlets (I bought those at the Portland outlet in 1993 I think), and continued to buy Agassis for actuallyplaying tennis in high school and college (still have LWPs and Ablazes - just got rid of Alarms and Zoom Challenge IIs last year). But now, you'll bepaying $200+ for those Huaraches. And these lava ATC IIs? I bought a pair on Vintageusa.com in 1997 for $100, brand new size 10.5 in box with the hang tag. And people really weren't even paying that much for those originals. I bought 4 pair of original ATC IIIs, white/yellow brand new in boxes for $40 each in1998. Now, those originals will fetch between $200-300.

It's really only been over the last couple years that Agassi shoes' values have gone up. My acquaintance Retrokid and I (and Jersey Joe to a lesserdegree) seemed like we were the only ones hunting Agassis. Unfortunately I was too much of a reseller back then and only bought them to wear them for a whilebefore selling them.

My question is, how did all these non-Agassi and non-tennis fans become such fanatics about this shoe? I am planning on getting these when I can actually walkinto a store and buy them, but I'll be wearing them for their heritage, not just the colors.

I guess I have the masses to thank, since otherwise they wouldn't have ever been retroed anyway, but now it seems I have the masses to blame, resellersespecially, since I can't find them.

And come on, I definitely need these shoes to go with the shirt in my avatar (still have it thanks to Retrokid).

phreakposite, that's true about the sudden popularity of this shoe. I guess it has something to do with the whole '80-90's fashion trend and theseSCREAM that era.

It's funny because I found a new pair of the OG white/lava ATC II at Marshalls in '00 for $11 (no joke). They ended up selling for around $70 on eBay. There was a little discoloration but still....I think the same pair would fetch 3x currently.

I also suggested to a store owner not to order these (retro) based on the previous ATC poor sales. He listened....hopefully he doesn't get too many callsfrom people asking for them
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Jagshemash

phreakposite, that's true about the sudden popularity of this shoe. I guess it has something to do with the whole '80-90's fashion trend and these SCREAM that era.

So when are they going to retro the Air Challenge Future that I need? That had everything but the loud colors - huarache upper, with innerbootie, velcrostrap, visible air. They've been killing the Air Flare, but they haven't given any consideration to the first iteration of that sole design, which isamong my favorite Agassis. I've never found a new 10.5, even when I bought them in 1994.

Oh, wait, they had the newer flaming ball logo, so just like the ATC III, it won't be like the original, and that probably also means that the Tennis Suckscampaign from 1995 won't retro either. That polo that went with my LWPs was the 2nd best shirt ever.

So when are they going to retro the Air Challenge Future that I need? That had everything but the loud colors - huarache upper, with innerbootie, velcro strap, visible air. They've been killing the Air Flare, but they haven't given any consideration to the first iteration of that sole design, which is among my favorite Agassis. I've never found a new 10.5, even when I bought them in 1994.
I think the popularity of the ATC II could do with the fact that's it often endorsed by old timer sneakerheads like Jumpmanst for example,thus not only does it have an 80's-90's loud feel it's also a well respected shoe. Of course it's also an Agassi signature shoe. The AirChallenge Future just doesn't have that kind of backing...I honestly don't know what that model even looks like myself.

My question is, how did all these non-Agassi and non-tennis fans become such fanatics about this shoe? I am planning on getting these when I can actually walk into a store and buy them, but I'll be wearing them for their heritage, not just the colors.
the size of this thread grew exponentially over the week..... people who otherwise wouldn't pay attention see 25+ pages, eastbay backorders,people cheering when they get the "shipped" email.... and thus it snowballs.....

would have been the same for last year's if Nike just did them right....

Back
Top Bottom